PDA

View Full Version : Broken Time Marine

Dragon Air
02-23-04, 05:14 PM
Just wanted to share the good news. I was active from 93-97. Reserves 97-01. I have been a firefighter in Metro-Atlanta since I left active. I started riding with the Leathernecks MC and being around Marines so much made me miss the Corps and reminded me of how good it was to me. Long story short, I went to a recruiter. Wen to MEPS last week and took my physical... seems there is a place for an almost 30 year old Corporal in the Corps after all. It's good to be back!

thedrifter
02-23-04, 05:35 PM
Congratulations Marine!!!

Welcome Aboard to the Best Marine Site on the net. Also welcome to your home away from home................
We have a great crew of Marines in here from WW II to the present............
Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile.........

"AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD."

Sempers,

Roger

yellowwing
02-23-04, 06:05 PM
Semper Fi! Did they say anything about broken time re-enlistment for 38 year old Marines?

GySgtRet
02-23-04, 09:04 PM
Dragon Air

Welcome aboard Marine.

Did they say anything about a 51 year old Gunnery Sargent being able to get back in...??

Semper Fidelis

CAS3
02-23-04, 09:08 PM
Hey you old farts...
stay here with the rest of us civies that have nothing better to do!

DragonAir,
Congrats on your reup!
Welcome to Leatherneck!

Toby M
02-23-04, 09:08 PM
Hey Gunny, if you can get in, try and sneak me in...I'm 56!!! We'll make one hell of a crew!!!!

GySgtRet
02-23-04, 09:17 PM
Toby M,

I am going to wait on the answer from the Corporal, he has the gouge that we need to infiltrait and kick some a$$...!!!

Coleen, who you callin an old fart anyway...???

Semper Fidelis

namgrunt
02-23-04, 11:40 PM
Hell, Dragon Air, you never left, just went inactive for awhile.

The trick is getting through Boot Camp without the Drill Instructors riding your caboose. We had a "retread" in my boot platoon. He was expected to do it better because he had already been in once. He was about your age, and kept up just fine with us young bucks.

Welcome Home

CAS3
02-24-04, 12:51 AM
You only go through boot camp once.
Unless you are going from one service into another.
You do have to pass a PFT to go back in though.

yellowwing
02-24-04, 01:22 AM
Can we exchange 20 pull ups for being able to drill a target at 500 yards? Or 40 sit ups for keeping a cool and cognitive head when ragheads are trying to kill us?

namgrunt
02-24-04, 05:22 AM
CAS3 <br />
I hate to disagree with you, but I was there. The man had served a prior hitch and had been a LCpl when discharged from prior active service. My platoon went through MCRD San Diego in 1965,...

Robert Carnot
02-24-04, 03:18 PM
Re-Booted? I think not.

CAS3 is correct you only HAVE to go through Boot Camp once!----However you can elect to do it again upon re-entering the Corps.

Semper Fi,
Bob C

david43844
02-24-04, 03:27 PM
Congrats Dragon Air...........we're pulling for you cuz we're all in this together

FREEBIRD
02-24-04, 09:11 PM
Maybe, just Maybe they will let me back in, I'm only 29 remember??

Congrats Dragon Air....
Semper Fie Brother

FREEBIRD

greybeard
02-24-04, 09:48 PM
Heck, I'm envious. Good luck Dragon Air!!

Dragon Air
02-25-04, 01:42 PM
I'm not sure why some have to repeat recruit training but I have heard of it. I was discharged in June of '01 so it hasn't been that long. I have heard scuttlebutt that if you have been out five...

CAS3
02-25-04, 01:58 PM
DragonAir...
PM Sixguns
He will know!

Thanks for watching my 6 there Bob!!

Hey Mike (FREEBIRD) If you are 29 that makes me 19!!!:banana: