PDA

View Full Version : Kerry accepted election fund from Chinese intelligence departments

usmc4669
02-22-04, 09:37 PM
Newsweek: Kerry accepted election fund from Chinese intelligence departments
John Kerry has been leading the democratic nomination campaign, with a support rate even higher than Bush. On February 9, US magazine Newsweek unexpectedly disclosed a would-be scandal that Kerry had been involved in 'receiving donations from a Chinese enterprise".

"In July 1996 the Massachusetts senator was locked in a tough re-election fight, so he was more than happy to help when he heard that a generous potential contributor wanted to visit his Capitol Hill office. The donor was Johnny Chung, a glad-handing Taiwanese-American entrepreneur. Chung brought along some friends, including a Hong Kong businesswoman named Liu Chaoying", Newsweek said.

"Told that Liu was interested in getting one of her companies listed on the U.S. Stock Exchange, Kerry's aides immediately faxed over a letter to the Securities and Exchange Commission. The next day, Liu and Chung were ushered into a private briefing with a senior SEC official. Within weeks, Chung returned the favor: On Sept. 9 he threw Kerry a fund-raiser at a Beverly Hills hotel, raking in $10,000 for the senator's re-election campaign", the magazine continued to say.

"Federal investigators later discovered that Liu was in fact a lieutenant colonel in China's People's Liberation Army and vice president of a Chinese-government-owned aerospace firm. And Chung, who visited the Clinton White House 49 times, went on to become a central figure in the foreign-money scandals of 1996. Chung eventually pleaded guilty to funneling $28,000 in illegal contributions to the campaigns of Bill Clinton and Kerry. According to bank records and Chung's congressional testimony, the contributions came out of $300,000 in overseas wire transfers sent on orders from the chief of Chinese military intelligence-and routed through a Hong Kong bank account controlled by Liu."

Kerry denied the report immediately, saying it's a rotten rumor already investigated long ago.

namgrunt
02-22-04, 10:44 PM
Lord have Mercy! Its like Al Gore going to the Buddhist Temple in LA and bringing back the brown paper bag of "donations." Johnny Chung had slipped my mind. I'm getting old.

If this is true, and Kerry were elected, would that make him the first "Chinese President" in history? Or has that dubious position already been taken?

cmbell
02-23-04, 02:59 AM
notice his eyes lately?

namgrunt
02-23-04, 05:36 AM
Geez, he looks like Gilbert Gottfried, the little comedian who always sneaks in "Son of A B***h!" loud and clear, on Jay Leno's Tonight Show. I tell you, its spooky.
LOL

I wonder if he had to get clearance to have meetings with PRC officials (operatives). This smells worse than the dumpster in the alley behind Taco Bell.

cmbell
02-23-04, 05:41 AM
i didn't think of that lol

namgrunt
02-23-04, 05:46 AM
Cmbell
Which one, Gilbert Gottfried or Taco Bell? LOL
Perhaps I should say Chinese Takeout or the Golden Lotus restaurant? May as well stick to the correct country.

Devildogg4ever
02-23-04, 06:47 AM
Well, that will tell ya how intelligent the Chinese can be!! http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/elitewarriorsworld/Asmily2/smileJap.gif http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/elitewarriorsworld/Asmily/hahasmily.gif