PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's Unanswered Questions

thedrifter
02-21-04, 06:17 AM
Oliver North: Kerry's Unanswered Questions

February 19, 2004

Washington, D.C. - Even though I'm one of the few Americans, besides President George W. Bush, to be personally attacked by Senator John Kerry on a regular basis, it just hasn't seemed right to respond. After all, President Bush has been virtually silent as Mr. Kerry used four letter expletives to describe his policies. The commander-in-chief turned the other cheek when Democrats said he was "AWOL" and a "deserter." The President was too polite to return fire when Mr. Kerry denigrated National Guard service by equating it with draft dodgers who "went to Canada." Given this model of even-tempered presidential propriety, who am I to stoop to throwing mud back at Mr. Kerry just because he has slung it at me?

I have been holding steadfastly to this noble position for several months -- through interminable debates and trumped up reporting from hyperventilated reporters. But this week, one of the young computer wizards who works down the hall informed me, "You're all over the Kerry campaign website!"

"So?" I replied, somewhat irritated at the intrusion. I make it a practice not to read the reviews of my television show or books, and wasn't prepared to make an exception for some political website.

My young informant said, "He says he 'exposed you!'" Given the alleged activities of certain athletes and entertainers, the word "exposed" caught my attention, so I investigated.

On Mr. Kerry's campaign website, the Bay State's junior senator claims he deserves credit for "holding Oliver North accountable and exposing the fraud and abuse at the heart of the BCCI scandal." In speeches and interviews he goes even further -- alleging that he "blew the whistle" on my "illegal activities" in support of the Nicaraguan Contras. It's great fodder for the political left and hard core radicals. It might even leave Ivy League professors panting. There is only one problem: it's not true.

John Kerry wasn't even on the so-called bi-partisan congressional committee that spent months investigating the so-called Iran-Contra affair. He never asked me, or any of us involved in supporting the Nicaraguan democratic resistance, a single question. At no time did he question me or anyone else I worked with about our efforts to rescue Americans from dungeons in Beirut. He says he held me accountable? How? When? Where?

Perhaps one of the eager news hounds panting after Mr. Kerry will ask him. And maybe Mr. Kerry -- or more likely someone on his extensive campaign staff -- will produce some convoluted answers. They may even cite some sub-committee hearings that Senator Kerry held months after the close of the official investigation. His little witch hunt eventually did publish a report that was so incredibly biased as to give the word "slander" an inadequate definition.

More likely, the masters of the mainstream media salivating over Mr. Kerry will give him yet another free pass on these questions -- like so many others. Unlike President Bush who has now laid bare his entire record of military service, Mr. Kerry has apparently never had to do so. This leads inevitably to the kind of confused hyperbole in the articles attached to the Kerry campaign website.

Some reporters, undoubtedly too young to even remember that this is the 36th anniversary of the "Tet Offensive," describe Mr. Kerry as having served two tours in Vietnam. Others report that he served four months on patrol boats in the Mekong Delta. That would be two months less than Al Gore -- and nine months less than most of us "Viet Nam Vets." Mr. Kerry says, "I know something about carriers," alluding to his service in Vietnam. Since I don't know of any aircraft carriers that were deployed to the Mekong Delta, which one was he aboard? How many months did he serve in Vietnam? Where? What carrier? Did he come home early? Was it because of the severity of his wounds or something else? What does the military record say?

Mr. Kerry has the same problem with his post-Vietnam, anti-government activities. He says that photos of him with Jane Fonda are fakes. Did he ever appear with Jane Fonda? Ms. Fonda eventually apologized to America's Vietnam veterans for actions that General Giap and other Vietnamese leaders said prolonged the war and encouraged the NVA to keep on fighting -- and killing Americans. Did Mr. Kerry ever apologize? Where? When?

Mr. Kerry testified under oath before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in 1971 that Americans in Vietnam had "raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam in addition to the normal ravage of war."

Set aside the horrific and defamatory nature of these accusations and ask this: Did he witness these atrocities? Did he try to stop them? If not, was he held accountable for dereliction of duty? If he knows the perpetrators, did he ever see that they were brought to justice? If not, why?

Mr. Kerry and his cronies in the Democrat party have made Vietnam an issue in this campaign. They have slandered Mr. Bush for his service during the war. Until Mr. Kerry truthfully answers the questions above -- and a whole lot more about his actions during the war, many of us are going to wonder what the middle initial "F" in John F. Kerry stands for -- is it "Fiction?" Or is it simply "False?"

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

LONEEAGLE
02-21-04, 08:55 AM
Drifter? This is a great post. More need to read it. Silver Star, purple hearts, my dieing ass.....I read how he got his Silver Star. And his wounds. Hell fire...I got scrapes, scratches durin' incomin' and in the bush, back in the rear, when divin' into a hole, I seen Officer's get purple hearts for it. My Doc wanted to give me hearts for little scrapes from a bullet or shrapnel, I said, I ain't got no hole in me, I ain't a taken it, don't you dare.
I can remember seein' a couple things in Nam that weren't pirty.
One day we came off patrol from the little mountain area's where the wood choppers came everyday outside of Dong-ha. As I walked with my team in, I seen two Vietnamese Heads on posts, with cigars and cigarettes hangin' out dare mouths. It was an ARVN camp with American G.I.'S running it. There's a name fer it.
Then I seen a video, just one part, where someone had taken it and it had two VC in it. Gut Shot, tide spread eagle, and ants put on their wounds. I don't have the slightest clue where it came from.....We did have if I remember right, one Marine in the Bn. who got caught with ears. And I must say this....Some got the taste of blood in them...and it was a very sick, if not some sort of illness, that when they couldn't kill a VC/NVA, they literally go south, if ya know what I mean.....I got rid of two out of my team, who got this way..... There were many fraggings of SNCO'S/OFFICER'S, I heard about when I first got to Nam.
Those who did it were caught and punished as far as I know.

I dislike anyone who tells war stories that can't back up what they're sayin'. And it's apparent Kerry can't either. And I don't know of any Man/Woman who served in country who goes 'round talkin' 'bout what they did, as far as havin' to kill, etc.....'cept maybe in counselling. If they do? I don't think they did it.

greybeard
02-21-04, 10:59 AM
That's been my experience to BigEagle. Those who talk the most about it likely saw the least. As far as atrocities, I'm sure it happened, but I think a lot of it is "I heard this happened...." not "I saw it 1st hand....".
For instance, I did hear several gunners say a crew chief in my squadron had thrown a vc out the ramp of a 53. Heard it from several people. Turned out, no one actually saw it, and the day it supposedly happened-that particular crewchief was in Taiwan on R&R. Bad thigs did happen, but not nearly as often as the media would have us believe.

The below opinions are mine, and I don't mean for them to reflect badly on anyone. So think about it before ya jump my six over it.

I'm not one of them-but there are lots of people right here on this forum that probably saw more real combat in one week than Kerry saw in his entire time in country. Do we hear about it every day?-no! I'm not saying he didn't do his job-I'm just saying 'he ain't all that' in my book.
IMO, For the most part, any unit that floats, flys, or drives sees a whole lot less than than a unit that walks. Doesn't mean they did less of a job, since we all do what they gave us to do, but let's be realistic about it. A helo crew may be in a hot lz for 20 minutes (that's an extreme case)-but the grunts on that lz are there 24/7.

Same thing with Kerry and his boat. The stuff gets bad, you can put it in gear and leave the area. If Kerry had came out right off, and said he just did his job, and squashed some of the media's hero crap, he'd be seen in a better light. Instead, he's trying to ride the medals he said he chunked away.

They say the best medal is a live man's smile-I'd trade anything I have to see Sgt Allen McElfresh's grin again.

namgrunt
02-21-04, 02:36 PM
BigEagle6 and Greybeard pretty well say it all.
I'm still curious about Kerry and the aircraft carrier.

Semper Fi!

greybeard
02-21-04, 03:24 PM
maybe a carrier hauled his swift boat accross the pond for him? That's one of the things that I don't like about him-and some others as well. They know it all! You'd think just once, one of them would say-"not my area of expertise, but I'll try to find the answer and get back to you"

david43844
02-21-04, 03:26 PM
YESSSS!!!!!!

wayne553
02-21-04, 04:47 PM
KERRY FIGHTS OFF MEDIA PROBE OF RECENT ALLEGED INFIDELITY, RIVALS PREDICT RUIN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX THU FEB 12, 2004 11:45:28 ET XXXXX

CAMPAIGN DRAMA ROCKS DEMOCRATS: KERRY FIGHTS OFF MEDIA PROBE OF RECENT ALLEGED INFIDELITY, RIVALS PREDICT RUIN

**World Exclusive**
**Must Credit the DRUDGE REPORT**

A frantic behind-the-scenes drama is unfolding around Sen. John Kerry and his quest to lockup the Democratic nomination for president, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

Intrigue surrounds a woman who recently fled the country, reportedly at the prodding of Kerry, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

A serious investigation of the woman and the nature of her relationship with Sen. John Kerry has been underway at TIME magazine, ABC NEWS, the WASHINGTON POST, THE HILL and the ASSOCIATED PRESS, where the woman in question once worked.

MORE

A close friend of the woman first approached a reporter late last year claiming fantastic stories -- stories that now threaten to turn the race for the presidency on its head!

In an off-the-record conversation with a dozen reporters earlier this week, General Wesley Clark plainly stated: "Kerry will implode over an intern issue." [Three reporters in attendance confirm Clark made the startling comments.]

The Kerry commotion is why Howard Dean has turned increasingly aggressive against Kerry in recent days, and is the key reason why Dean reversed his decision to drop out of the race after Wisconsin, top campaign sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

Developing...

There has never yet been a man in our history who led a life of ease whose name is worth remembering. - Theodore Roosevelt
posted Sat, 21 February 04
wc