PDA

View Full Version : Polls What do they mean.

usmc4669
02-20-04, 08:50 PM
CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll released Monday. When the 562 likely voters were asked for their choice from a Bush v. Kerry race, 53 percent of those picked Kerry, and 46 percent favored Bush.

mrbsox
02-20-04, 09:05 PM
Where was the poll taken ???

New York ??? Los Angeles ??? South Florida ???

I don't trust polls !!!

yellowwing
02-20-04, 11:56 PM
Polls are like snap shots. A good photographer can make any picture he wants.

Many years ago I drove the backwoods of Tennesee taking 'television surveys'. People would tell me all about what they watch and want to be watching on TV.

What I was actually doing was generating sales leads for a satellite TV service. The poll was design to pique their interest and get them excited.

That's about as closest to 'Recon' as I ever got! :banana:

namgrunt
02-21-04, 02:46 AM
Polls mean people are becoming too quiet, and need to be stirred up again. They also generate a certain bias for or against the subjects, depending on how they are worded, and where they are taken. It makes for TV ratings, Advertising, and publication sales. Priming the pump, if you see what I mean.

I'd like to see a poll on whether to bring back all the old 1950s black and white TV shows. I liked Steve Allen, and Gary Moore, and a lot of other old TV shows. Most of them were live back then. Nowadays, only the Superbowl and such events (maybe).

Where are Howdy Doody, Hopalong Cassidy, The Cisco Kid, Rocky Jones-Space Ranger, Captain Midnight, and Commando Cody when you need them?