PDA

View Full Version : NFL Half Time Show

usmc4669
02-18-04, 10:23 AM
[Wouldn't it have been nice to have seen the half time show honoring our Arm Forces? The Super Bowl was aired over Seas and our Service men in Iraq had the chance to watch it. Picture the U.S. Marine Corps Silent Drill Team, Units of the Armies Green Berets, Navy Seals, The Air Forces, Army, Navy and Marine Corps Bands playing together? (Britney Spears singing My Boobies are too small.LOL) ][Wouldn't it have been nice to have seen the half time show honoring our Arm Forces? The Super Bowl was aired over Seas and our Service men in Iraq had the chance to watch it. Picture the U.S. Marine Corps Silent Drill Team, Units of the Armies Green Berets, Navy Seals, The Air Forces, Army, Navy and Marine Corps Bands playing together? (Britney Spears singing My Boobies are too small.LOL) ]

TracGunny
02-18-04, 01:01 PM
Darn it! You beat me to posting the idea! I envisioned a Military Tattoo with all the Armed Forces Bands, the Silent Drill Team (same, same), AND a Pass in Review with massed bands, massed Color Guards, and Veterans form the oldest living representing that era sequentially up the time-line to Operation Iraqi Freedom Veterans marching past the Reviewing Officers – Medal of Honor Recipients. No politicians, No Hollyweird, No MTV, just Veterans, period.

Oh yeah, and the opening fly-over would be nothing less than a full squadron, and the Massed Military Bands would play the National Anthem with a massed military chorale singing…

FYI: The Jacksonville FL area Veterans and Veterans groups have taken notice to this, and under the guidance of the Northeast Florida Veterans Council are planning an assault on the City Council, Alltel Stadium, NFL, and the Fox Network to assure Super Bowl XXXIX will not be a repeat. We may not be able to control what goes on inside the stadium, but we are damn sure going to do our best to influence what goes on outside...

http://www.jaxsemperfidelis.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=220#post220

usmc4669
02-18-04, 01:27 PM
TracGunny:
You,re my kind of Marine.

In a open Stadium I would like to see a team of the Navy Blue Angels and the Air Force Thunderbirds flying in formation together, in one of their aerial stunts. The Army's Golden Knights Parachuting down onto the field, and as you said, all the Armed Forces Bands, the Silent Drill Team , and a Pass in Review with massed bands, massed Color Guards, and Veterans form the oldest living representing that era sequentially up the time-line to Operation Iraqi Freedom Veterans marching past the Reviewing Officers – Medal of Honor Recipients. No politicians, No Hollyweird, No MTV, just Veterans, period. Wouldn't that make one hell of a half time show?

OOHRAH and Semper Fi

Sgtj
02-18-04, 04:54 PM
Hey Ya'll I served as the Guide of the Silent Drill Platoon and served at 8th and I for over 4 years. Let me know when you want them...

Semper Fi.

Sergeant J.

TracGunny
02-20-04, 08:11 PM
Sgtj:

According to one article I read in the local rag it would not be the first time the Silent Drill Platoon performed at a Super Bowl:

Super Bowl VI (1972) Host city: New Orleans
Producer: Jim Skinner
Theme: Salute to Louis Armstrong
Performers: Ella Fitzgerald, Al Hirt, Carol Channing, U.S. Marine Corps Drill Team

http://www.jacksonville.com/superbowl/