PDA

View Full Version : VMGRMech

SSgtOfMarines
02-16-04, 06:20 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by VMGRMech
An if you've got kids you rarely have to come to work like anyone else because taking care of them is more important than anything your silly Marine Corps job has for you to do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I take it that you don't have kids. I also know that I've :

been on more deployments
reported to work earlier
kept my Marines later
worked more weekends
done more field time
missed more Birthdays, XMas's, Thanksgivings etc

then you ever have.

Oh yeah, did I mention I have two kids and have been married since I was a PFC?

Quit yer *****in and expect more from your troops and in turn demand more from yourself.

UNSAT

SheWolf
02-16-04, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by SgtOfMarines
quote:
Originally posted by VMGRMech
An if you've got kids you rarely have to come to work like anyone else because taking care of them is more important than anything your silly Marine Corps job has for you to do.

I take it that you don't have kids. I also know that I've :

been on more deployments
reported to work earlier
kept my Marines later
worked more weekends
done more field time
missed more Birthdays, XMas's, Thanksgivings etc

then you ever have.

Oh yeah, did I mention I have two kids and have been married since I was a PFC?

Quit yer *****in and expect more from your troops and in turn demand more from yourself.

UNSAT

????????

SSgtOfMarines
02-16-04, 07:01 PM
stick to being a Marine Mom. You have no idea what I'm talking about, and I dont expect you to.

S/F
Sgt E

namgrunt
02-16-04, 07:07 PM
SheWolf

This is a tangential discussion from another thread. It sounds more like personal business rather than an open discussion.
I thought you should be made aware of the situation. I'm sure there is no personal animosity toward you involved.

Semper Fi!
namgrunt

P.S. Send my best wishes to your young Marine in Iraq.

VMGRMech
02-16-04, 11:38 PM
Look out folks we got us an internet bad ass on deck!

Sgt of Marines who the hell are you to give me advice. Who the hell are you to assume thats you've been on any more deployments than I ever have you ****ing prick. You don't know a thing about me. You want a cookie for deploying and doing what a Marine should. I don't give two ****s how long you've been married unless you've seen this issue from my POV I suggest you STFU

SSgtOfMarines
02-17-04, 05:29 PM
Ya see killer, I have seen it from your POV. I see it everyday. But as a Sgt in the USMC, you don't gripe about the Corps, especially on the ******* internet. You also don't do it where you have potential Marine recruits on deck.

Your initial post wasn't tongue in cheek. Just another Sgt ef'n whining. Ya sound like a damn troop.

You were the one who said people with kids don't do sheat and skate out of everything. I was proving you wrong.

Internet badass? Hardly. Calling you to the carpet? Definately.

Like I tell my troops: Suck it up, or get out.

SheWolf
02-18-04, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by SgtOfMarines
stick to being a Marine Mom. You have no idea what I'm talking about, and I dont expect you to.

S/F
Sgt E

wow,,, well Sgt E,,, as namgrunt said,, guess this was a contiuation of something that I missed,, so I prolly should've not responded,, but as a retired veteran if it involved the old married troops get special treatment issue,, I'm well aware of that old adage... having been both a single soldier and a married soldier I've been on both sides of the street so to speak,,,

anyway,, there will always be the "perception" that one side has it better....

and Namgrunt ,, thanks for the info,, and my young Marine hasn't left the states yet,, they changed the date AGAIN.... thanks for the support

namgrunt
02-18-04, 11:28 AM
SheWolf

Glad to hear your son is still within hugging range, Sarge.
I'm sure you'll make the most of that while the opportunity exists. He will make you proud, no doubt about it. When he ships out, let me know so I can add him to my priorities list when talking with the Big Boss.

Semper Fi!
namgrunt

david43844
02-18-04, 02:30 PM
This is not how family acts! Who the hell do you think you are Sgt of Marines?

SheWolf
02-18-04, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by namgrunt
SheWolf

Glad to hear your son is still within hugging range, Sarge.
I'm sure you'll make the most of that while the opportunity exists. He will make you proud, no doubt about it. When he ships out, let me know so I can add him to my priorities list when talking with the Big Boss.

Semper Fi!
namgrunt

it's still telephone hugging since he is out of state, but anyway thanks and I'll let you know,,,, hell, he could use the extra help anyway so just add him now :bunny:

usmc4669
02-18-04, 05:09 PM
VMGRMech:
Being also from the Air Wing, sometimes it is best to keep our personal remarks and feelings to ourselves. Maybe in Your squadron this may have been the practice. It isn't the Marine Corps Policy to let Married personnel have more liberty then the single personnel. We had to hold our own, remember we wasn't issued a wife. Then I may be talking about the "OLD CORPS". another subject.LOL

SgtOfMarines:
Man from your profile you are not even a Marine. Are you hiding something? Give us some background about yourself. It will help other know where you are comming from, that what the profile is for.

SheWolf:
Jump in anytime, make yourself known, speak your mind, Damn I do, right namgrunt:

david43844:
glad that you kept it simple.

This really got down and dirty, lets keep it a little cleaner. After all we are growm men and women.

Gunny

thedrifter
02-18-04, 07:08 PM
It is nice to place in a profile in but we do not require one....

We do not Tolerate putting down of other members....

SgtOfMarines is an active Marine......and a good friend.....

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7530&highlight=SgtOfMarines

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6486&highlight=SgtOfMarines

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

namgrunt
02-18-04, 07:11 PM
Roger that, Gunny, no doubt about it.

SheWolf
Your son is on my list now, and your daugther will be if and when she goes. Consider it done!

Question:
What Marine would call his men "troops", when they are Marines?
The Army has "troops." No offense intended, just curious.

Semper Fi!
namgrunt

SSgtOfMarines
02-18-04, 08:27 PM
usmc4669 <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Been here since this place had two members. But ya busted me Gunny, I'm not a Marine. <br />
<br />
namgrunt

namgrunt
02-18-04, 10:33 PM
Sorry to read of your injury, SgtofMarines, and my condolensces on the loss of a best friend. It always hurts inside when that happens, regardless. If it won't break some trust, could you tell us his name so we could honor his memory as well?

I won't address the comment about asking any active duty Marine above rank of Cpl. I served my time, fought in combat, and was out of the Corps before you were even born, son. Perhaps things have changed, and the term is now commonplace, I just don't recall from my memories. There is no further need to go there, unless another p***ing contest is in the works. I'm not interested in participating in one.

I had read your profile, and saw you said are a Marine. There was no need for sarcasm, son, by stating, "But, of course I'm lying. I'm not a Marine." I've known men who pogoed from the Army and joined the Corps. I was curious if you were one of these, so I asked.

Semper Fi!
namgrunt

SSgtOfMarines
02-18-04, 10:40 PM
Semper Fidelis bro

http://www.fallenheroesmemorial.com/oif/profiles/bitzmichaele.html

namgrunt
02-18-04, 10:51 PM
Thanks SgtofMarines.

Rest In Peace, Sgt. Michael E. Bitz. Marine NCO forever.
A fallen brother, now part of the greatest company in the Corps.
Amen.

Semper Fi!
namgrunt

usmc4669
02-19-04, 09:02 AM
For some strange reason I seem to always get on the short end of the sick. No matter what's my reply some good and some well would have been a lot better if I had sucked it up and not replied. I want to take this time to apologize to all if I offended anyone. SgtOfMarines: When I read your profile maybe I missed "are you a Marine" your post was in answer to another post, you should have replied to that post instead of making a new one. " VMGRMech", Not knowing about the NEW MARINE CORPS policy on married personnel, maybe I shouldn't have even gotten into this discussion. thedrifter TOP MODERATOR: SgtOfMarines is an active Marine......and a good friend..... SgtOfMarines: Posted this, Originally posted by VMGRMech
I remember that I had one of my threads deleted because the subject had already been covered and if would cause some people to get upset, now do we have double standard here?

Gunny USMC Retired
I have served my damn time.