PDA

View Full Version : Bush v. Kerry

yellowwing
02-16-04, 06:12 PM
This is the Perfect match up for feeding frenzied press corps. In one corner we have a Vietnam combat veteran that returned to disparage his country. In the other corner a National guard veteran that carries the stigma of having had no chance of ever being deployed. One candidate is Massachusetts liberal and the other is a Texas conservative. Throw in the persistent Iraq/Vietnam comparisons and shake well.

For any news editor (right or left wing) this is shooting fish in a barrel. Enough clichés and rampant sensationalism! We are in the Information Age. We have access to 30-year-old pay records and protest march photographs. Any news searches will show hundreds of articles condemning or justifying each candidate.

Each voter has to judge for themselves and look beyond all this mess. We are looking for a President, not the latest headlines.

namgrunt
02-16-04, 07:14 PM
Well said, yellowwing.

Semper Fi!

bier95
02-17-04, 08:11 AM
I agree WELL SAID.

anyone can find dirt on someone if you look long enough, I know there are Marines on here that if someone wanted too they could find the dirt and post it. NO ONE IS GOD

usmc4669
02-17-04, 09:09 AM
yellowwing:
One of the best post that I have read, you hit the nail on the head.
bier95:"anyone can find dirt on someone if you look long enough, I know there are Marines on here that if someone wanted too they could find the dirt and post it. NO ONE IS GOD"
I disagree, dig all you want I'm clean, no I am not God. Well maybe a little dust. LOL
Gunny

Sparrowhawk
02-17-04, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by yellowwing
....Each voter has to judge for themselves and look beyond all this mess. We are looking for a President, not the latest headlines.

Well, said,

While we as a nation, need a president, we also in this time in history need a Commander-in-Chief our servicement will honor, respect and serve with courage.

Will we chose one that went to war as an officer, because it was expected of him and others in his age group and school were doing so at that time, only to request a six months early out of the combat zone. Then lost the respect of veterans when he came home and protested the war while others were still there and serving.

Or will we choose one that joined a reserved unit, when the war was no longer popular, then took an early out to get into politics but when confronted with war after 9-11, earned respect as a Commander-in-Chief from those now serving?

How the nations of the world see these two men, is another story.

Semper Fi

Cook

LONEEAGLE
02-17-04, 11:54 AM
When the one candidate starts attacking the other, it's a ploy to distract the people, of whom most are drain bramaged, and don't care......and get them on the one wheel squeakin' the most, and then suffer the consequences.....Good post my brother.....