PDA

View Full Version : How to find Printer IP Address?

JosephPaul
07-27-20, 08:59 AM
Hi guys!
How are you all,
If there any IT expert so please help me out with this.
I have a lot of work of Printing and sharing of docs material with my younger brother who lives 2 blocks away from me. It is very much difficult to go again and again to his house. SO I have installed new Printer at his house but I am unable to find his printer IP address to set it on my PC.
Is there any way around to do so?
Thanks in advance

advanced
07-27-20, 10:29 AM
Young man, this is a website of Marines. The only thing most of us Marines know about printing is to print a number of bullets into a very small circle. Sorry if my answer is not much hope.

JosephPaul
07-28-20, 07:55 AM
LOL
Yes you are right
Thats why I posted my query in general threads to know about any related suggestions.
Well never mind I got his printer IP address using methods in a random guide on google.
Well thanks for the heads up :)

irpat54
07-28-20, 09:09 AM
Hi guys!
How are you all,
If there any IT expert so please help me out with this.
I have a lot of work of Printing and sharing of docs material with my younger brother who lives 2 blocks away from me. It is very much difficult to go again and again to his house. SO I have installed new Printer at his house but I am unable to find his printer IP address to set it on my PC.
Is there any way around to do so?
Thanks in advance
what you need to do is,
1) Microsoft works has a program to set the printers in fax mode, once you do that the computer with the other printer can be given a FAX number that may cost a few bucks a month to maintain...

2) then you have to go into Word and send what you want out as a FAX to his computer and it will print it out as long as you have the printer set up to accept FAX's which it should do automatically...