PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Navajo Code Talkers

usmc4669
02-13-04, 10:18 AM
Contrary to the Hollywood war movie Wind Talkers, the practice of securing battlefield communication by having Native Americans transmit messages in their own languages did not begin during the Second World War. The tactic was initiated amongst Choctaw National Guardsmen in the Battle for Blanc Mont Ridge in the Champagne Sector of France in October, 1918.

I want to take this time to thank all of my Native American brothers for their service in our Arm Forces, the Code Talkers did one hell of a job in WWII., as the Choctaw National Guardmen did in WWI.

I have been to the Code Talkers Museum in Gallup, NM, One of the remaining Code Talkers granddaughters works for one of my sons, and I hope to get to meet him the next time I go there to visit.

Our African American brothers has no idea what discrimination is, the Navajo's (Code Talkers) were discriminated against by their Marines brothers even though they save many Marines lives by having a code that the Japanese couldn't break. In their native tongue there were no words for tank, aircraft, etc. They had to make up words to fulfill the meaning. Lets give them a big hand for what they did for us.
Semper Fi Native American brothers
Gunny

montana
02-13-04, 11:22 AM
was thinking...every language they had to make up words for tank , aircraft and etc.....and still are coining new words as they come up with new weapons...that goes for engalish
Im sure the word tank wasnt in the english language befor the had a ned for it.....just a thought

sempers