PDA

View Full Version : Recovery Regimen in Bootcamp

DanielPRamos
12-09-19, 05:41 PM
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen,

My name is Daniel and I've been a poolee since September. My ship date will be on 13JAN2020 and training has been going well so far.

I'm just curious about the recovery regimen in boot camp and I have a few questions/concerns to bring up. I've been training hard for the past year and recovery has been a crucial part in my training routine. My questions/concerns are listed below:

1) Other than the conventional static stretching after training, do recruits have personal time to stretch daily?

2) Do recruits have access to equipment such as foam rollers, stick rollers, etc.? If not, it won't be such a huge deal since static stretches will work just fine.

Bootcamp is coming fast and it has been a mix of being nervous/excited to start training in MCRD. The fall semester is also finishing up soon, so more time to spend with family and some R&R time before my ship date.

I just want to extend my congratulations to former poolees who are now Marines and I look forward to your personal experiences when it comes to recovery regimen in bootcamp.

irpat54
12-09-19, 06:34 PM
Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen,

My name is Daniel and I've been a poolee since September. My ship date will be on 13JAN2020 and training has been going well so far.

I'm just curious about the recovery regimen in boot camp and I have a few questions/concerns to bring up. I've been training hard for the past year and recovery has been a crucial part in my training routine. My questions/concerns are listed below:

1) Other than the conventional static stretching after training, do recruits have personal time to stretch daily?
No, the only "personal time" at least when I went through Boot (a long time ago) was Sunday Morning for Church, and letter writing time.

2) Do recruits have access to equipment such as foam rollers, stick rollers, etc.? If not, it won't be such a huge deal since static stretches will work just fine.
No, the DI's will supervise your training and let you know what THEY want...

Bootcamp is coming fast and it has been a mix of being nervous/excited to start training in MCRD. The fall semester is also finishing up soon, so more time to spend with family and some R&R time before my ship date.

I just want to extend my congratulations to former poolees who are now Marines and I look forward to your personal experiences when it comes to recovery regimen in bootcamp.

once you hit Boot Camp you will NOT do anything on your own without the DI telling you what you are to do and not without proper supervision...
best of luck to you

DanielPRamos
12-10-19, 02:26 PM
I appreciate the immediate response. Thanks for sharing your experiences and I will keep that in mind.

Happy holidays