PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing for the Marine Corps Birthday...???

FoxtrotOscar
11-06-19, 08:58 AM
November 10th...

I'll just spend some quiet time with friends and celebrate quietly...

What will you be doing on this special day...???

PaulWill
11-06-19, 11:42 AM
Going to the Marine Corps Ball in Redding Ca

FoxtrotOscar
11-06-19, 11:58 AM
Going to the Marine Corps Ball in Redding Ca

Redding, Ca I didn't realize your only about 650 miles South of me...

Have a good Birthday Paul... SF...

irpat54
11-06-19, 12:21 PM
I, as well, will be spending a quiet time at home, maybe pull out some old super 8 videos of my time in the Corps and reminisce a bit...

Zulu 36
11-06-19, 12:44 PM
I'll be doing basically the same as FO. Quietly observing the birthday and making some beef jerky.

I haven't gone to a Ball since 1999 as I moved to Florida the next year. I had been going to the Detroit RSS Ball as I knew recruiters from meeting them as a police officer. I wore my Air Force uniform which raised eyebrows until they saw the Good Conduct Medal.

Marine1955
11-06-19, 01:24 PM
Staying home as I can't afford the ticks this year...

PaulWill
11-06-19, 02:15 PM
Semper Fi

Mongoose
11-06-19, 03:11 PM
I will Honor the Corps and all it stands for sitting here at home

advanced
11-07-19, 09:14 AM
I'll also Honor Our Corps and Our long lost brothers by riding down to Punta Gorda where they have a permanent 1/2 scale VN Wall. There's a small lake in front of the wall and from the far side I can see the entire wall. This is where I meditate and thank the God's for sparing me and the rest of y'all here, I still have a very difficult time getting closer to the wall.

I often wish that I knew/remembered the REAL names of my lost brothers from the Nam so that I could look them up on the wall, especially Wop. But I know that they still know.