PDA

View Full Version : I hit the Fleet in a week, going to 2/8. Advice?

OorahGerth
11-12-18, 05:04 PM
Just a junior Marine trying to get some advice before he hits the fleet. Anything I should know or purchase for being apart of an infantry unit ? I got my 9 line down

irpat54
11-12-18, 05:54 PM
well, congrats for one thing, when I was in I received what I needed when I got to the Fleet, I'm not to clear on or if there are any differences now or not. I'm sure that if you need to get anything you would be informed. the PX's are a lot better now then they were in my day.

Zulu 36
11-13-18, 06:17 AM
There might be a few odds and ends you may want to buy, but I would wait until you get to your unit. See what you get issued and often your new buddies and NCOs will have suggestions on "nice to have stuff."

You may think about a good clip-on folding knife or a Leatherman-type tool. Keep the blade lengths legal, most states with such laws usually say no more than 3". North Carolina has no state law on length, but some cities do and so does the Marine Corps. I found a Leatherman tool most useful.

ianmusto
11-20-18, 08:44 PM
write in the rain book, ditch the skin tight skivy shirts, buy actual underwear.

FistFu68
11-21-18, 08:18 AM
Good quality White Socks at least 7pr Aye Aye Semper Fi

Marine1955
11-21-18, 09:36 AM
Good quality White Socks at least 7pr Aye Aye Semper Fi

I was going to say at least 14 pairs of white cotton sock.. change them out twice a day. If needed