PDA

View Full Version : Tips

Njmarine
08-10-18, 10:41 PM
Hey all junior Marine here just looking for some tips. I started mos school recently and I’ve just been doing awful. I can’t seem to do anything right, I know Marines always keep pushing in the worst of times and my situation isn’t that bad. Just wondering if anyone has any tips to help me keep my head straight through this all. Thank you

chulaivet1966
08-11-18, 07:44 AM
From my personal perspective....and I'll be candid.

You joined the United States Marine Corps.
Most of us here consider earning the title of a U.S. Marine as an honor and being the tip of the spear in the military context....that's why I joined.

Having said that, setting the best example among our peers in all aspects of our time as a Marine should be paramount.
You are not in high school anymore, not in Sea Scouts....you don't have the option of quitting during your time as a Marine.

I'd suggest you dig deep, establish the focus needed to finish MOS school as we would expect a Marine to do.
MOS school is nothing compared to getting deployed into a combat context which will require you to dig far deeper than you've ever imagined to perform honorably among Brother Marines.

Don't embarrass us or yourself by accepting your current lack of focus and determination.....you're a United Stated Marine.

No offense.....just calling it as I see it.
Do let us know how you successfully focused your mind set and proudly got through MOS school.

Back to it.....good luck.

chulaivet1966
08-11-18, 08:32 AM
Don't embarrass us or yourself by accepting your current lack of focus and determination.....you're a United States Marine.

Spelling correction only....I was up at 04:00 with only one cup of mud in my veins.

Back to topic....

irpat54
08-11-18, 09:52 AM
tip, tip, tip, hmm, pneumatic tire in the 7th... bill bunion in the 10th...

just kidding,

use your head, you have to want to focus, you have to want to be the best at what you do, you need to show some pride in yourself and not settle for sh1t bird status, no one can give you a "tip" it has to come from you
I can't give you a "tip" on getting motivated, it has all to do with honor and integrity, not some fictitious "tip"

get it together Marine, don't embarrass your self or the Corps.

Tennessee Top
08-11-18, 11:41 AM
Your post is too vague. It would help if you expanded on your MOS school (is it really technical), and just exactly how/why you are doing awful. What feedback are you getting from your instructors? Are you at risk of flunking out? Are you in a MOS you never wanted so resent being there in the first place (hard to learn/apply oneself in that situation)?

Some MOS schools are harder than others so, attrition rates vary. One of the hardest is intelligence so the attrition rate there is higher than average. If you're struggling at intel school, that is certainly understandable.

Good luck Devil.

USMC 2571
08-11-18, 06:45 PM
I agree with Wayne, post 2, but found the original post so far afield from the Marine Corps of old that I had no idea what to post. It would not have been real complimentary. But does anyone have any real idea about why things are like this in America today? STOP...no answer needed. It's a rhetorical question only.

But OP, the best thing you could possibly do would be to read and reread post number 2 from a person who never posts unless he has something worthwhile to say.

m14ed
08-12-18, 08:33 AM
Most likely i am /have been/ still am/
the worst student ever waz-

do yourself a favor Sweetpea-

While in class . When an instructor
asks ANY-QUESTIONS _

Putcher friggin hand up, stand up,
and say yes sir <===<<<( Insert title there)

Tell him/ him/ them/ what ever - your trouble spots.

maybe others have the same problem
(easier solved as a group with the same problem)
or even it may be a weak-spot with in the lessons.....

notice you don't see me asking what you have to loose
DONT CHA ????

chulaivet1966
08-12-18, 11:11 AM
I agree with Wayne, post 2, the best thing you could possibly do would be to read and reread post number 2 from a person who never posts unless he has something worthwhile to say.

Brother Dave....how's tricks?

Just wanted to say thanks for the kind words and endorsement of my response.
NOTE: I don't post much but I do peruse here every day without fail.
I'm annoyed about some aspects of the USMC (probably military, in general) in today's world so I just keep my mouth shut and avoid any drama.

But....when it comes to trying to motivate someone I'll occasionally open my mouth with some candor....to the dismay of some, I'm sure. :)
The OP just needs to buckle down, get his focus and set the example we all expect from Brother Marines....end of story.
He'll do fine if he wants to.

Anyway, hope all is well with you and our other Brothers here.

Mas cafe para mi.....carry on.

Zulu 36
08-12-18, 12:04 PM
Most of any MOS school is simply applying yourself, even if you don't like it.

When I was in the 1st MarDiv MP Co, my CO sent me to a school I didn't want to attend (embarkation assistant). Even though I had no interest, I still applied myself. I was the honor grad and set the new academic record for the course too. It was a matter of personal pride and honor to do well no matter how much I hated it.

chulaivet1966
08-12-18, 12:14 PM
Most of any MOS school is simply applying yourself, even if you don't like it. It was a matter of personal pride and honor to do well no matter how much I hated it.

Howdy Brother Christopher...

That about sums it up!....that's what Marines do....IMHO.

Carry on....

USMC 2571
08-12-18, 12:37 PM
Wayne, see a thread I began in Chesty's Hooch, when you get the chance.

USMC 2571
08-12-18, 12:38 PM
Ah, disregard---I see that you already saw it.

gkmoz
08-15-18, 03:09 PM
In that same vein.....

https://www.facebook.com/whitehousebrief/videos/269560970537489/