PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Photo Shocker: Candidate Teamed Up With 'Hanoi' Jane Fonda

thedrifter
02-09-04, 05:15 PM
Monday, Feb. 9, 2004 1:45 p.m. EST
Kerry Photo Shocker: Candidate Teamed Up With 'Hanoi' Jane Fonda

A photo seemingly showing Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry protesting the Vietnam War with anti-American actress "Hanoi Jane" Fonda - the photo Dems fear most - exists, and has been obtained by NewsMax.com.

On Labor Day weekend 1970, Kerry - then a rising star with Vietnam Veteran Against the War - teamed up with Fonda as the two headlined an ugly anti-war in rally in Valley Forge, Pa., railing against U.S. policy in Southeast Asia from the back of the same flatbed truck.

The photo shows "Hanoi Jane" listening raptly as speakers denounced American soldiers for committing "genocide" in Vietnam and accusing the U.S. of "international racism."

Three rows behind 'Hanoi Jane" sits a man who bears a striking resemblance to the Democratic presidential front-runner.

According to Corbis Images, which owns the image, the photo was taken at the same 1970 Valley Forge protest that turned Sen. Kerry into an anti-war star.

Douglas Brinkley's biography "Tour of Duty" chronicles Kerry's exploits at Valley Forge, where he reportedly followed Fonda onto the back of that pick-up truck to deliver his own diatribe against the war in Vietnam.

"We are here because we above all others have earned the right to criticize the war on Southeast Asia," Kerry shouted into the microphone, as Fonda and the crowd cheered wildly.

"By the time [Kerry] hopped off that pick-up truck to thunderous applause," writes Brinkley, "he was the new leader of the VVAW by popular default."

The Massachusetts Democrat's speech also cemented his alliance with Fonda, and the two traveled to Detroit to organize a January 1971 event they called the "Winter Soldier Investigation."

At a Detroit motel, Kerry and Fonda assembled a myriad of disgruntled witnesses claiming to be Vietnam vets, each with his own story of American atrocities.

According to Jug Burkett, whose landmark Vietnam war history "Stolen Valor" chronicles some of Kerry's anti-war misadventures, Fonda played a key role at the Detroit event.

"There's no doubt that Jane Fonda financed the Winter Soldier hearings," Burkett told NewsMax on Monday.

He said that several of the witnesses who testified at the protest's "hearings" later turned out to be complete impostors.

The event prompted "Hanoi Jane" to "adopt" Kerry's group "as her leading cause," writes Brinkley. It was at Kerry's Winter Soldier protest that the anti-American actress met her future husband, Students for a Democratic Society radical Tom Hayden.

The next year Fonda was off to Hanoi, where she mounted an anti-aircraft battery and pretended to shoot down American pilots.

Of Kerry, Burkett told NewsMax, "Any Vietnam veteran who knows what Kerry did after he came home from Vietnam is definitely not a fan of John Kerry."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/2/9/134218.shtml

http://www.newsmax.com/images/headlines/Fonda_Kerry_arrow.jpg

Jane Fonda and John Kerry at an anti-war rally in Valley Forge, Pa. (Corbis Images)

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

thedrifter
02-09-04, 05:19 PM
Sunday, Feb. 8, 2004 2:46 p.m. EST
The Photo Dems Fear Most: Kerry with 'Hanoi Jane'

Democratic Party officials are hoping that no photographs exist of a well-covered Vietnam War protest where soldier-hating actress Jane Fonda and Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry, then an up-and-coming member of Vietnam Veterans Against the War, railed against U.S. war policy from the back of the same pickup truck.

"Scores of newspaper articles about the march" exist, according to Kerry biographer Douglas Brinkley.

Dubbed "Operation RAW" (Rapid American Withdrawal), the September 1970 march featured Fonda, Kerry and a motley band of anti-war vets in an 86-mile trek from Morristown, N.J., and Valley Forge, Pa. – two Revolutionary War sites.

According to "Tour of Duty," Brinkley's book on Kerry's war years, when the protesters reached their destination they were treated to Fonda standing in the bed of a pickup truck, where she "denounced the Nixon administration as a beehive for cold blooded killers."

"Marijuana was in the air," said Brinkley. "Skinny dippers frolicked in the Delaware River. ... [The group's] long hair, ripped jeans, army surplus store canteens, and toy guns gave the VVAW the look of a ragtag band of Haight-Ashbury refugees. ...

"Along the marching route, veterans would shout out phrases like 'Kill him!' and 'Cut his belly open' for dramatic effect," said Brinkley.

Others who spoke that day proclaimed the U.S. guilty of "genocide" in Southeast Asia.

Kerry followed Fonda's Nixon denunciation with a rousing anti-war address that made him "the new leader of Vietnam Veterans Against the War," Brinkley said. "From Valley Forge onward, [Kerry] was a committed anitwar activist. ..."

From there, Kerry went on to Detroit to organize a particularly offensive bit of guerrilla theater dubbed the "Winter Soldier Investigation," where Fonda presided as U.S. war atrocities were chronicled by "soldiers" who some later suspected were impostors.

After Winter Soldier, writes Brinkley, "Fonda personally adopted [Kerry's Vietnam Veterans Against the War] as her leading cause."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/2/8/144747.shtml

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

namgrunt
02-09-04, 08:22 PM
Good picture. Cold blooded politician. Not my choice for President.

namgrunt

Super Dave
02-09-04, 08:52 PM
Would NEVER hey my vote!!

Scroll down on the page and see the cover of his book.

http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/1064640/posts

USMC-FO
02-09-04, 09:02 PM
Nam Gunt:

"Cold blooded politician...."

Name one who isn't.

jfreas
02-09-04, 09:08 PM
Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed for the same reason.

ivalis
02-09-04, 09:13 PM
2 people several rows apart, it's a bloody conspiracy i tell ya!

namgrunt
02-09-04, 09:24 PM
USMC-FO

You've got a point. Off the top of my head, I can't think of one politicain who isn't cold blooded. I do believe some are more forthright than others. The movie, "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" was a Hollywood fantasy to give the impression that an honest man can get to national office without a machine behind them. It isn't reality, but it sure makes us feel better.

I use cold blooded in this case to underline John F. Kerry's 180% turnaround from his stance in the early 70s. At that time, he made a public show of tossing his medals and awards back. The impression made, was that he was ashamed of having received them. That he considered them loathsome to wear and/or acknowledge. That he, and all others who wore them, had become soiled, by serving where the US government sent us.

Now, he is running for the Presidency, an office which he should loathe, according to his sentiments. In order to garner votes from "Vets", he is now willing to trumpet his status as a Vietnam Veteran, Navy PBR commander, and lift up his Silver Star, Purple Hearts, and other decorations as heroic awards.

Well, he can't have it both ways. He is either a proud combat veteran, OR he is an Anti-war Leader, "friend" of Jane Fonda, AND someone who championed victory for the National Liberation Front of Vietnam. He can't be both, as far as I'm concerned.

I see that as cold blooded in the literal meaning of the words.

Semper Fi!
namgrunt

SheWolf
02-11-04, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by namgrunt

Now, he is running for the Presidency, an office which he should loathe, according to his sentiments. In order to garner votes from "Vets", he is now willing to trumpet his status as a Vietnam Veteran, Navy PBR commander, and lift up his Silver Star, Purple Hearts, and other decorations as heroic awards.

Well, he can't have it both ways. He is either a proud combat veteran, OR he is an Anti-war Leader, "friend" of Jane Fonda, AND someone who championed victory for the National Liberation Front of Vietnam. He can't be both, as far as I'm concerned.

I see that as cold blooded in the literal meaning of the words.

Semper Fi!
namgrunt [/B]

um, have you ever changed your mind??? or your stand on something??? I can't say that we belonged in 'Nam,,, but we went and the politicians should have stood back and let the military do it's job..... but Americans have the right to disagree with government policy/decisions etc,,, and they have the right to express their disagreement...

J. Kerry had the right to do that, and I think that he would be better off if he just acknowledged that he did and move on,, I would feel different if he had been a draft dodger or deserter,, he went,, he did his time,,,,,, and I don't consider him a friend of Jane Fonda's just because he sat a couple of rows behind her or spoke at a rally after her,,, sheesh....

my brother did two tours of duty in 'Nam,,, when he returned he wanted nothing to do with the government or the military,, even to the point of not collecting benefits he had earned, and he never displayed or talked about (hell, for all I know he might have thrown it away) the fact that he had earned not only a purple heart but a bronze star for valor,, it didn't mean much to him there because of some others who also received them that had cowered under their bunks during the attack....

now he is an active member in the VFW.. and is more forthcoming about some of his experiences in 'Nam

Sparrowhawk
02-11-04, 12:59 PM
for the past couple of weeks I've been thinking of setting up an AntiKerry web site and bought the

Vietnam Veterans Against Kerry web site, last week.

It is now going on-line.

There I will compile a compulation of stories about that scumball and reveal how the Vietnam veteran feels about him.

Any stories of interest I would appreciate getting a link to, or just email them to me and I will make sure they are made available to other veteran organizations, etc.

Time to go on patrol.

SF

Cook

cookbarela@hotmail.com

VietnamVeteransAgainstKerry.com

radio relay
02-11-04, 01:03 PM
My appologies, Sparrowhawk, wasn't trying to steal your thunder. Heard the "Vietnam Veterans against John Kerry" web site mentioned on Hannity and Combs last night. I was posting the link to it same time you were.

It's a good site!

SF :marine:

namgrunt
02-11-04, 01:27 PM
SheWolf
I do know people change their minds. I don't believe he has changed his mind. Kerry is further left politically than Ted Kennedy. The only reason he is now "proud" of his service is because he has a chance to get the seat of power. He came to political recognition through the senate hearing he testified at. He is on record about his assessment of this nation and the men who went to serve. He has never revised or changed that official record.

When he threw medals on the Capitol steps, they weren't even his medals. I too, served two tours in Veitnam. I too, wasn't a happy camper when I came back, since part of my face was blown off. But I NEVER rooted for the other side to win. Kerry did.

Kerry was at rallies with Hanoi Jane. He helped initiate the 'Winter Soldier hearing" in Detroit. He organized disruptive anti-war clashes. His activities are too far-reaching and long standing to be ignored or dismissed. He changed his mind??? Not good enough for me. Jane Fonda has supposedly changed her mind too. I still won't see any production she is involved with, nor watch her movies on late night television.

If this seems emotional to you, so be it. I will not retract, nor apoligize for a single word of it. That is my prerogative.

Please understand I am not angry at you, SheWolf. I'm angry at a man who turned his back on this nation and collaborated with the enemy. I've heard reported just today, that General Giap is said to have thanked the antiwar movements for prolonging the war, otherwise, the North might have collapsed and sued for peace. What does that say?

I'm glad your brother has begun to heal enough to talk about his experiences. I hope he goes back and collects all the benefits he is entitled to, since he already paid for them. We all have had to heal from the effects of war and combat. That is the same from one generation to the next, regardless of which side you are on.

Calming down, (out goes the bad air, ...in comes the good)
namgrunt

Sparrowhawk
02-11-04, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by radio relay
My appologies, Sparrowhawk, wasn't trying to steal your thunder. Heard the "Vietnam Veterans against John Kerry" web site mentioned on Hannity and Combs last night. I was posting the link to it same time you were.

It's a good site!

SF :marine:

No problem, I'm glad others are thinking alike, didn't know that site existed, but now I am placing a link to it.

Thanks

I appreciate, the info.

Semper Fi

Cook

mrbsox
02-11-04, 02:12 PM
I keep waiting for the infamous:

Yes, but I didn't inhale :banana: :banana:

Phantom Blooper
02-11-04, 03:48 PM
Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2004 9:35 a.m. EST
Matthews: Kerry Has 'Hanoi Jane' Problem

MSNBC "Hardball" host and longtime Democrat Chris Matthews said Tuesday that a photo showing Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry protesting the Vietnam war with "Hanoi" Jane Fonda is a real problem for his party's top candidate.

While offering sharp criticism of President Bush for not serving in Vietnam, Matthews told radio host Don Imus Tuesday morning: "You've got the Jane Fonda problem on the other side. The thing with her is, she was on the other side - she was on Hanoi's side during that war."

"And I'll tell you," Matthews continued, "everybody I knew, including me, who was against the war - I wouldn't have anything to do with a person who supported Hanoi."

Kerry, then head of the radical anti-war group Vietnam Veterans Against the War, worked closely with Fonda on two war protests: a September 1970 rally in Valley Forge, Pa., where Fonda and Kerry spoke from the back of the same pickup truck, and a January 1971 protest they called the "Winter Solider Investigation," where fabricated testimony of U.S. war atrocities was presented.

Asked about the NewsMax.com photo showing Sen. Kerry protesting the war with "Hanoi" Jane at Valley Forge, Matthews observed, "That will be in the Republican [campaign] ads."

Phantom Blooper
02-11-04, 03:50 PM
Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2004 5:19 PM EST
'Hanoi Jane' Bankrolled Key 2004 Kerry Backer

Vietnam war hero, former Sen. Max Cleland - a key supporter of Sen. John Kerry who has criticized President Bush for his military record - accepted thousands of dollars in political contributions from "Hanoi Jane" Fonda, who most Vietnam veterans regard as a traitor for her activities during the war.

A search of Federal Election Commission Records available at the "Political Money Line" Web site [www.tray.com] reveals that Fonda bankrolled Cleland's two Senate campaigns, donating $5,400 in 2002 and $2,000 in 1996. There's no indication that Cleland attempted to return the money.

The Georgia Democrat lost three limbs in combat during his Vietnam service.

Sen. Kerry may have also benefited from Fonda's money indirectly, through her generous contributions to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. Fonda and Kerry teamed up during the 1970s to stage at least two major antiwar demonstrations. [See photo]

Other Democrats who accepted direct contributions from "Hanoi Jane" Fonda include New York Sen. Hillary Clinton [$5,000 for her 2000 race], Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle [$500 in 2003], Sen. Maria Cantwell [$2,000 for her 2006 re-election bid] and ex-Georgia Rep. Cynthia McKinney [$250 in 2002].

Ex-Sen. Cleland is scheduled to be a guest tonight on Fox News Channel's "Hannity & Colmes."

SheWolf
02-11-04, 04:27 PM
SheWolf
I do know people change their minds. I don't believe he has changed his mind. Kerry was at rallies with Hanoi Jane.
If this seems emotional to you, so be it.

I will not retract, nor apoligize for a single word of it. That is my prerogative.

Please understand I am not angry at you, SheWolf. I'm angry at a man who turned his back on this nation and collaborated with the enemy. I'm glad your brother has begun to heal enough to talk about his experiences. I hope he goes back and collects all the benefits he is entitled to, since he already paid for them. We all have had to heal from the effects of war and combat. That is the same from one generation to the next, regardless of which side you are on.

Calming down, (out goes the bad air, ...in comes the good)
namgrunt

and I did not mean to upset you,, I am not very politically minded, and really have to do some homework this year,, I didn't vote in my causas (sp?),,,, just I do know I do not want to see Bush in office again....

I always try to listen to others viewpoints and would never ask you to retract or apologize for your beliefs...

namgrunt
02-11-04, 06:03 PM
SheWolf

Please, there is no need for you to apologize. I get carried away sometimes, and that doesn't reflect on you personally. I didn't intend to get so worked up about Kerry, it just happened that way. I do stand by my sentiments, but I didn't need to be so "in your face" about it. You are the mother of one of my younger brothers or sisters. That is a position of honor to me. As the mother of a Marine, you already have much more to worry about than my feelings about past history or present day politics.

I won't ask your age, but if your son or daughter is currently in the Corps, you may not be old enough to really recall the tempestuous 60s and 70s. I have a baby sister who was alive then, but was only two years old when I was over there. She is now in her late 30s. If she had chosen to bear children, they would now be the correct age to serve.

Don't let this old sarge change your mind, unless you think the points I make are valid. It is your right to disagree with anything and everything I say. I and all the other Marines who ever existed, have fought and served to guarantee you that right. If you think I'm full of beans, tell me I'm an old gasbag. If you should happen to agree with my viewpoint, then I welcome your support.

Semper Fi!
namgrunt

SheWolf
02-11-04, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by namgrunt
[B]SheWolf

I won't ask your age, but if your son or daughter is currently in the Corps, you may not be old enough to really recall the tempestuous 60s and 70s. I have a baby sister who was alive then, but was only two years old when I was over there. She is now in her late 30s. If she had chosen to bear children, they would now be the correct age to serve.

:eek: lol,,,, my son is 21, and I was 10 or 11 (I think) when my brother was in 'Nam,,,,, old enuff to know some things but young enuff not to pay too much attention to stuff,,,

Carry on,,,, this retired veteran will listen to you and make up her own mind!!!:lick:

namgrunt
02-11-04, 06:10 PM
LOL
Thank you, ma'am!

Semper Fi!

SheWolf
02-11-04, 06:12 PM
LOL
Thank you, ma'am!

Semper Fi!

you are quite welcome sarge,,
but cut the Ma'am,,, I worked for a living...

SSG/USA/retired
(knowing I am gonna catch some sh**):devious:

namgrunt
02-11-04, 06:35 PM
Roger that, Sarge.
Enjoy the siesta in serenity,
your young Marine is on watch.
Over and out! :yes:

Semper Fi!
namgrunt

Jim
02-12-04, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by SheWolf

um, have you ever changed your mind??? or your stand on something??? I can't say that we belonged in 'Nam,,, but we went and the politicians should have stood back and let the military do it's job..... but Americans have the right to disagree with government policy/decisions etc,,, and they have the right to express their disagreement...

I agree that folks change their mind. I really don't have a problem with Kerry coming home and campaigning against the war. My problem is his method. Our country has many ways to share your dissatisfaction with the government. In fact this web site is but a sample.
I spent two tours in Nam and came home disillusioned with the way our government conducted the war but did not resort to calling veterans names and falsifing their activities. I have no doubt that some troops did some horrible things but the opposition did much worse. Yet you seldom hear of their atrocities.
This country has never fought a war with total popular support. Even "popular" wars like World War II had people that disagreed with the war itself or the way the government conducted the war effort. During our war in the Philippines, our opposition drew strength from American news reports of anti-imperialist activities. The beauty of our system is that we have the right, no the responsibility, to provide our views to our government leaders. They in turn, must hear our voice when making the decisions.
So I support Kerry's right to come home and speak out against the war. I can't tolerate the method he used.

As for his awards, well, there is another thread that talks about "cheap" awards. I know an army medic who was awarded a purple heart in Nam for a scratch he received from shrapnel. Each branch enforces their own standards for awards. Sometimes those standards are drastically different. I know grunts who were pulled out of the bush for three hearts but don't know any that went home early. I did use regulations to get out of the Corps a month early to attend school.

All in all, I guess what I'm saying is that many of use did some of the same things that Kerry did ie "cheap" medals and early outs. The big difference is our behaviour when we returned. Ther is no reason to protest in any manner that falsifies actions of veterans, that insults the honor of those that served or that provides support to the enemy.

Phantom Blooper
02-12-04, 07:10 AM
Wednesday, Feb. 11, 2004 7:09 PM EST
'Hanoi' Jane Defends Kerry in Photo Flap

"Hanoi" Jane Fonda rushed to defend Sen. John Kerry on Wednesday after a photo published by NewsMax.com on Monday picturing her with the Democratic presidential front-runner sparked outrage across the nation.

"The American people have had it with the big lie," Fonda complained on CNN, suggesting that the photo showing her and Kerry at the same Sept. 1970 Vietnam war protest at Valley Forge, Penn., was misleading.

"Any attempt to link Kerry to me and make him look bad with that connection is completely false," the radical actress insisted.

While Fonda admitted that she and Kerry addressed the crowd that day from the same platform, she maintained that their contact was minimal, telling CNN, "I don't even think we shook hands."

Her account stands in stark contrast, however, to that of presidential historian Douglas Brinkley, who reported in his Kerry biography "Tour of Duty" that after Fonda and the top Democrat appeared at the same Valley Forge demonstration, she "adopted" Kerry's group, Vietnam Veterans Against the War, as "her leading cause."

On Monday Brinkley said that while researching his book he came across additional documentation linking Fonda to Kerry.

"I've seen their names in a University of Wisconsin archive on [Kerry's VVAW]," Brinkley told "Radio Factor" host Bill O'Reilly. "Their names are on the same mimeograph sheets, where you can see them as principal speakers together."

Fonda defended Kerry's leadership in the VVAW, saying it wasn't true that the anti-war group was rooting for a Communist victory in Vietnam.

"This was an organization of men who risked their lives in Vietnam, who considered themselves totally patriotic," she explained.

After Valley Forge, Fonda reportedly bankrolled the VVAW's "Winter Soldier Investigation," an event staged in Detroit in Feb. 1971 where Kerry interviewed disgruntled veterans in an attempt to glean the most dramatic accounts of U.S. atrocities.

Later some "veterans" who participated in Winter Soldier were exposed as impostors.

NewsMax.com has learned that videotape of Kerry interviewing some Winter Soldier witnesses exists, and is likely to be made public during the coming presidential campaign.

Still, Fonda maintained that Kerry's attempt to spotlight alleged U.S. war crimes in Vietnam was a patriotic act.

"How can you impugn, how can you even suggest, that anyone like Kerry or any of these veterans were not patriotic?" she complained to CNN. "He was a hero there."

Eighteen months after Winter Soldier, Fonda traveled to Hanoi and sat atop an enemy aircraft battery, pretending to shoot down U.S. pilots as North Vietnamese cameras rolled.

Sparrowhawk
02-12-04, 09:23 AM
That B ITCH, has nothing to say worth listening too.

She defends Kerry, like a true liberial, their goal is to get Kerry like politicians elected to the highest office, where nations would no longer fear any military reaction because war is wrong under their stupid reasoning.

Originally posted by Phantom Blooper
Wednesday, Feb. 11, 2004 7:09 PM EST
'Hanoi' Jane Defends Kerry in Photo Flap

"Hanoi" Jane Fonda rushed to defend Sen. John Kerry on Wednesday after a photo published by NewsMax.com on Monday picturing her with the Democratic presidential front-runner sparked outrage across the nation.

"The American people have had it with the big lie," Fonda complained on CNN...

...Still, Fonda maintained that Kerry's attempt to spotlight alleged U.S. war crimes in Vietnam was a patriotic act.

"How can you impugn, how can you even suggest, that anyone like Kerry or any of these veterans were not patriotic?" she complained to CNN. "He was a hero there."

Eighteen months after Winter Soldier, Fonda traveled to Hanoi and sat atop an enemy aircraft battery, pretending to shoot down U.S. pilots as North Vietnamese cameras rolled.

They were both there on the same stage addressing the same people for political reasons, protesting agaisnt the war, while Americans were fighting the war, that was a disgrace to the honor of those engaged in battle that lost their lives.

Fonda and Kerry's voices against the war only encouraged the communist to fight harder and more fierce against American forces in Vietnam.

Kerry fled Vietnam six months short of his tour of duty and then shows up to protest the war.

Stupid people that support Kerry.

Cook

usmc4669
02-12-04, 09:43 AM
This is the flag that John Supports.

MillRatUSMC
02-12-04, 10:16 AM
What scary, John Forbes Kerry chair the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA.
No wonder there been stonewalling on that issue.
Many of us came home disillusioned on the leadership conduct of the war and the corruption there by the leadership of the Vietnamese government.
Time and again we would see for sale things that were donated to South Vietnam by the village chiefs up in I Corp.
They were able to do that with the OK of the I Corp commander.
That beside Rules of Engagement (ROE) were the causes of why we came home disillusioned.
Most of us kept quiet on those issues because we respected those we left behind and we knew they were under the same pressure, we had recently been under.
Kerry and his like took another path, now they have to live with the stand they took.
Many say that old wounds have been reopened, My belief is that that they were never healed.
Because how Vietnam Vetrans were treated or weren't treat by the government and the people that sent there.
Another thing that stuck in my caw, was the forcing down our throat of a rifle we found lacking.
The Marine Corps had optied for the Stoner System of weapons, but the DOD lead by Robert S. Mcnamara.
An interest quote from Robert S. Mcnamara;

"We of the Kennedy and Johnson administrations who participated in the decisions on Vietnam acted according to what we thought were the principles and traditions of this nation. We made our decisions in light of those values. Yet we were wrong, terribly wrong. We owe it to future generations to explain why."

They sure were wrong, they never got into General Giap mind, but he sure got into theirs.
Coupled with LBJ conducting the war in Vietnam with an eye on his conduct of the "War on Proverty".
Making decisions on the conduct of the war in Vietnam, so they wouldn't derail his war on proverty.
Led to the diaster in Vietnam.
We never lost a major conflict with the enemy in Vietnam.
They just bled us until the folks back home said "Enough is enough", Get us out of that mess.
That came about with the help of Hanio Jane and Hanio Bob Kerry.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

PS I read more books on Vietnam than any ordinary person.
Seeking answers to the WHY of Vietnam...

thedrifter
02-12-04, 10:28 AM
http://realpolitik.us/03image/asay21004.gif

usmc4669
02-12-04, 10:45 AM
That's what John Kerry says, Do we believe him?

namgrunt
02-12-04, 01:37 PM
The next cartoon will probably show JFKerry, aka Hanoi John :bandit:, running to hide while trying to zip up his pants. One can only hope he gets "it":banana: caught in the mechanism. :yes:

thedrifter
02-12-04, 02:58 PM
Welcome Back Kerry

http://members.cox.net/macallan_the/Kerry/KerryMovie1.swf

SheWolf
02-12-04, 03:36 PM
well all I know is that I was hoping the Democrats would come up with a viable candidate,,,,,

but will still hold on and see what's what.......:cry:

usmc4669
02-12-04, 04:16 PM
SheWolf:
well all I know is that I was hoping the Democrats would come up with a viable candidate,,,,,

I cannot see anyone on the Democratic ticket that I feel would be able to hold us together. You may be holding on for a long time, then you have a right to vote for your choice. If you don't vote, them don't complain.
Gunny

SheWolf
02-12-04, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by usmc4669
SheWolf:

I cannot see anyone on the Democratic ticket that I feel would be able to hold us together. You may be holding on for a long time, then you have a right to vote for your choice. If you don't vote, them don't complain.
Gunny

oh believe me,, I will vote,,,, always have to maintain the right to complain!!!!!!!!!!!

:bunny:

vfm
02-12-04, 05:45 PM
any body remember the movie "The Manchurian Candidate"??
Pretty Scarry. Sempers !!!
VFM