PDA

View Full Version : Another Swipe on American History and Southern Pride

Mongoose
06-20-18, 05:57 AM
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/vyoCrYjdTf.o7CSi1UfyLw--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9ODAwO2lsPXBsYW5l/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/gma/us.abcnews.gma.com/jeb-school-file1-2014-ht-ml-180619_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg
<figcaption class="C($c-fuji-grey-h) Fz(13px) Py(5px) Lh(1.5)" title="Richmond school named after confederate general will be changed to Barack Obama Elementary" data-reactid="17">Richmond school named after confederate general will be changed to Barack Obama Elementary
</figcaption>
A predominantly African-American elementary school in Richmond, Virginia, is dropping its confederate general name and will soon be known as Barack Obama (http://abcnews.go.com/alerts/BarackObama) Elementary.
The Richmond Public School Board voted 6-1 Monday to change the name of J.E.B Stuart Elementary School, school district spokeswoman Kenita Bowers told ABC News.
But the planning for ditching the school's name goes back nearly a year to last summer's rally over a Robert E. Lee statue in Charlottesville, Virginia, she said. The rally turned deadly and sparked a renewed push to remove Confederate symbols across the nation, from New Orleans to Maryland to New York.
(MORE:110 Confederate tributes removed since 2015 mass killing but more than 1,700 remain, report says) (https://abcnews.go.com/US/110-confederate-tributes-removed-2015-mass-killing-1700/story?id=55632449)
(MORE:Recent flashpoints in the controversy over Confederate symbols) (https://abcnews.go.com/US/recent-flashpoints-controversy-confederate-symbols/story?id=49225648)
J.E.B Stuart was a prominent cavalry commander and major general with the Confederate Army.
In Richmond, J.E.B Stuart Elementary had opened its doors in 1922 with its confederate general name. But now, 91.7 percent of the elementary school's students are African-American.
After Charlottesville, Bowers said, "the community called into question whether this needs to be changed" so the school is "named for someone positive who probably represents the community in a more all-inclusive way."
<figure class="canvas-image Mx(a) canvas-atom My(24px) My(20px)--sm" style="max-width:100%;" data-type="image" itemscope="" itemprop="associatedMedia image" itemtype="http://schema.org/ImageObject" data-reactid="30">https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/sdQMvFDI_cfjSx9dw0SCog--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9NjA4O2g9MzQyO2lsPX BsYW5l/https://s.abcnews.com/images/US/jeb-school-file1-2014-ht-ml-180619_hpMain_16x9_608.jpg
<figcaption class="C($c-fuji-grey-h) Fz(13px) Py(5px) Lh(1.5)" title="PHOTO: J.E.B Stuart elementary school in Richmond, V.a., is pictured in a Google Street View image dated 2014. (Google, FILE)" data-reactid="37">PHOTO: J.E.B Stuart elementary school in Richmond, V.a., is pictured in a Google Street View image dated 2014. (Google, FILE)
</figcaption>
</figure>Richmond Schools Superintendent Jason Kamras agreed that a change should be made and the school board moved forward with the process, Bowers said. Many names were considered and eventually the list was narrowed to three: Wishtree (a name chosen by the young students), Northside and Barack Obama, she said.
The superintendent selected Obama and took that name to the school board for a vote, Bowers said.
"He just felt very strongly about utilizing this opportunity to rename the school for a very prominent African-American who has made history and also resonates with the students," she said.
Richmond Mayor Levar Stoney approved of the decision, tweeting, "Thank you Richmond City School Board for re-naming JEB Stuart Elementary, Barack Obama Elementary. A leader we can be proud of!"
There is no set date for when the name change will go into effect but, Bowers said, it could be as early as the next school year.

oldtop
06-20-18, 10:00 AM
to hell with changing the name, just close the school and tear it down... if they want to name a school after Obozo, then solicit him for the funds to BUILD it, then they can name it after him, or moochie or whoever..... this "rewriting of history" is really getting out of hand, the voters need to vote every politician that is doing this stuff out of office.....

Mongoose
06-20-18, 04:46 PM
Amen, William.....I am fed up with radical blacks and Liberal Whites spewing their shet and azz kissing Republicans sitting on their dead azz looking dumb.

Rattlesnake
06-29-18, 01:59 AM
Billy Mongoose, think about this. It makes perfect sense that a bunch of racist's would want to change the name of the school to honor the WORST President this country has ever had. They don't like it that the school was named after a honorable Southern General, but it's fine to re-name the school after a disgraceful President. Who is a liar, a cheat, prejudice, as well as a muslim racist..it makes perfect sense...if you are a racist!!!

m14ed
06-29-18, 03:53 AM
Amen, William.....
I am fed up ,
with radical blacks ,
and Liberal Whites ,
spewing their shet ,
and azz kissing

Republicans sitting on
their dead azz looking dumb.

I B wondering ???
IZ RINO-ArizonaSenatorJohnMCcain
still takin' up boatspace-
betcha his hatred for Trump iz stuck
deep in his throat-
won't spit it out-
and won't stop trying to chew it....

BUT -
The last couple dayz -
since the left found Trumps GWANNA GET-
to fill another seat in the SupreemCourt-
they been flappin' their lips-

rolling on TV-

turning all colors of WTF !!!!!

Left-IST TV/FakeNews :
hasn't been funnier !!!!

NOTICE PLEASE-
IF the left didn't have Double Standards-
they wouldn't have any standards at all...

Mongoose
06-29-18, 06:48 AM
Ed, I want to commend you.....you finally made a post I can understand....I wonder what's fixing to happen to me now...

oldtop
06-29-18, 09:05 AM
Ed, you're right, I'd say that it is going to be hilarious to watch the "mainstream media" IMPLODE..... their hatred of TRUMP is so deep, they cannot abide the thought that he just might shape the direction of the SCOUS for the next two or three decades........ as for "standards" on the left, the ONLY "STANDARD" they will ever see is printed on the back of a TOILET......

FistFu68
06-29-18, 12:31 PM
F**K them they’ll never be able too wipe out our DNA it’s been passed on by the millions

Mongoose
06-30-18, 06:10 AM
My God, Jack....are you saying Ed passed his DNA on ?? Say it ain't so, Brother...

FistFu68
06-30-18, 07:30 AM
Yessir you two Jarheads are Good 2 Go now LOL

m14ed
07-01-18, 05:04 AM
????
Funny part is-

some of these schools
they gwanna rename-

"BayrockObama&MaxineWaters- Schools of Higher Learning"

Mongoose
07-01-18, 05:43 AM
For Waters....3rd grade would be Higher Learning. I never knew that Congress used Affirmative Action, until recently...

oldtop
07-02-18, 10:25 AM
????
Funny part is-

some of these schools
they gwanna rename-

"BayrockObama&MaxineWaters- Schools of Higher Stealing"

fixed it for you, Ed.......

Mongoose
07-03-18, 05:49 AM
William.....your not saying old Maxine would do something illegal, are you.......say it ain't so, Brother.....

oldtop
07-03-18, 09:12 AM
woman has a 4.5 million dollar mansion that IS NOT in her district, what do you think???? The TAXPAYER has been footing the bill for her and every other congressman starting the day they were elected..... Wouldn't YOU like to have a job where YOU get to vote yourself a raise anytime, have everything you buy paid for on the "expense account", get to take off as much as you want, anytime you want, and get all expense paid vacations all around the world several times a year????? The day congress figured out how to pay itself and give itself raises was the day the Republic became terminally ill........

Mongoose
07-03-18, 04:47 PM
As it is.....people in Congress only work 120 days a year. That's if they never miss a working day....

oldtop
07-09-18, 10:06 AM
some of them are lucky if they are in the "office" 10 days a year, and then just to vote on some bill that they haven't bothered to read.....