PDA

View Full Version : Belleau Woods Tree @ White House...

FoxtrotOscar
04-24-18, 09:44 AM
French President Presents Donald Trump with Tree from Belleau Woods French President Emmanuel Macron brought a tree with him on his visit to the United States, and the two leaders planted it together in the White House South Lawn. The tree is an oak from

Belleau Woods, a historic World War One battleground where American Marines fought against the German advance into France.

The 4.5 foot tree was taken from an area near the bulldog fountain, a historic landmark f (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug5_AyHNj1E)or Marines.

After Macron’s arrival, he went with Trump and their wives to the South Lawn and shoveled dirt around the tree that was planted in the ground.

President Trump and the first lady will host the Macrons for a dinner on Monday evening at Mount Vernon — George Washington’s historic home. The first couples traveled aboard the presidential Marine One helicopter to the historic site. 32564

Mongoose
04-24-18, 04:42 PM
I think that's great.

Tennessee Top
04-24-18, 05:37 PM
The Devil Dog tree!

Rattlesnake
04-25-18, 01:48 AM
Semper Fi.

FistFu68
04-26-18, 06:07 PM
Aye Aye Semper Fi

doc h fmf
04-27-18, 12:56 AM
Dont forget the Docs for the Belleu Woods Legacy, a Doc PM Hyde earned the CMOH for his Heroics that day.

Semper Fi my Brothers.

radio relay
04-28-18, 09:44 PM
I saw that earlier today, and it brought tears to my eyes. Wikipedia has a pretty good write up on Belleu Wood. Clipped this from there:

"After Marines were repeatedly urged to turn back by retreating French forces, Marine Captain Lloyd W. Williams of the 2nd Battalion, 5th Marines uttered the now-famous retort "Retreat? Hell, we just got here"

God Bless, and Semper Fidelis