PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Advice

Johnson0431
01-20-18, 03:31 AM
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could share their training plans if you are still in or while you were in. I am currently about to head to Drill Instructor School and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on some fitness advice. I would like to run a sub 22 3 mile while still being able to get my 23 pull-ups. Thank you in advance. Semper Fidelis.

Mongoose
01-20-18, 07:12 AM
We don't have many D.I.'s here. Except Old Marine, and when he was a D.I. the Corps was using Muskets. Mostly what we have here is casualties of boot-camp. But, as far as fitness, check with Zulu....here's a picture of him today....32270

Zulu 36
01-20-18, 08:34 AM
Sorry, that's not me. The guy in the photo has too much hair on his head.

advanced
01-21-18, 10:00 AM
Zulu, you look like a ball with a head on top. Why did you let yourself go like that?

Zulu 36
01-21-18, 10:05 AM
Well, Russ, you know how it is sometimes. I eat when I get depressed. A lot. And often. I'm a basket case.

USMC 2571
01-21-18, 11:42 AM
True Confessions

Tennessee Top
01-22-18, 06:52 PM
Somebody asking US for fitness advice. Imagine that!

Recommend you consult your Force Fitness Instructor. That's their new job.

Good luck at DI school Devil.

MunkyVsRobot
02-02-18, 05:37 PM
Might want to do the same thing that those who have to go to Combat Instructor School do. Ruck runs, you might want to start tying to run in coraframs DI's seem to do that a lot. Hell just think of what you did as a recruit and do that, cause thats basically what you are going to be doing for the next 3 years.

Mongoose
02-03-18, 07:19 AM
Josh...that sounds so exciting...I'm surprised every Marine doesn't want to be a D.I. I remember how each morning, I was almost delirious, Adrenalin pumping hard, so restless....couldn't hardly hold myself in check.....I loved all the physical training, couldn't wait to start off the long azz punishing days.

FistFu68
02-03-18, 08:14 AM
We were Young hadn’t finished growing uP busting our A$$ 24/7 since kids then USMC topping Us OFF great Physical & Mental stuff going on there,DI’s where The Chit too strive for Very Impressive

MunkyVsRobot
02-03-18, 09:44 AM
I am definitely not about that life, but I popped on the HSST list and have to apply to recruit and be a DI. Not thrilled about it but thems are the breaks.

FistFu68
02-03-18, 09:57 AM
Wind Sprints of the Mind & Body...you’ll do fine Marine you’ve got a great Attitude Godspeed too Yah

madsox
02-03-18, 10:33 AM
I think about working out a lot, does that count? Twice this week I thought "damn, I should get out for a run today" and just today I'm trying to convince myself to go down in the basement and lift some weights.

So mentally, I'm knocking out 300 PFTs!

I can try to talk seriously about fitness plans, but mine are for the 50-something geezer in training. So they're more about staying healthy and functional for when I get old like the rest of these guys here.

I'd take MVR's advice, he's young and more serious than us. Smarter, too.

SFMFers!

Mongoose
02-03-18, 03:52 PM
Pic. of me 2 years ago.....just saying...32331