PDA

View Full Version : Marine Jailed for shooting Home Invader...

FoxtrotOscar
01-12-18, 10:56 AM
Marine JAILED After Shooting Armed Home Invader <br />
<br />
A Marine is behind bars for defending himself and his family from an armed thug. <br />
<br />
It was an ordinary evening for Joey Nelson. He was at home with...

FistFu68
01-12-18, 01:55 PM
Next time put a bullet in his head !

Zulu 36
01-12-18, 02:12 PM
I don't know about this one. Based on what is reported, it should be a matter of self-defense. I know Michigan law having been a cop there for a long time. But, the law in Wayne County is often very different than the rest of the state. Kym Worthy, the County Prosecutor, is a big-time liberal and anti-cop. She is also anti-2A.

Something is not being reported. Some detail. Even Kym Worthy knows her limits as the State Supreme Court is majority Republican and they won't have any problems sticking it to her if necessary.

Mongoose
01-12-18, 04:23 PM
Here in Texas....they would put you in jail, if you didn't shoot the azzhole.

Mongoose
01-13-18, 07:33 AM

Kegler300
01-13-18, 02:28 PM
The lesson here is shoot to kill and keep on shooting until the mother-hubbard is dead.

advanced
01-13-18, 02:49 PM
Both as a Marine and as a cop I was taught to ONLY shoot to kill. If my intent is not to kill, my gun stays put. If I ever winged anyone it was a mistake.

Kegler300
01-13-18, 03:05 PM
Exactly.

m14ed
01-14-18, 06:54 AM
Both as a Marine and as a cop,
I was taught to ONLY shoot to kill.

If my intent is not to kill,
my gun stays put.

If I ever winged anyone,
it was a mistake.

https://s17-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fflavorwire.files.wordp ress.com%2F2013%2F07%2Fjohnny-depp-tonto-lone-ranger.jpg&sp=546dbc9504122c700829cded452499ca

Kemosabi always did say
TONTO ,
couldn't shoot for $hit

Mongoose
01-14-18, 08:10 AM
I am proud to say, I live in a State that allows deadly force, no matter where you are. If you are in downtown Dallas and someone pulls a knife on you, you have the right to kill that azzhole right where he stands.3221932220

advanced
01-14-18, 09:37 AM
Something abut a good looking woman with a gun that just makes me, well, you know.

Mongoose
01-14-18, 03:51 PM
Something abut a good looking woman with a gun that just makes me, well, you know.

USMC 2571
01-14-18, 07:03 PM
Post 3. Where Chris says that something isn't being reported. I think that's the key to it all.

Zulu 36
01-15-18, 06:10 AM
I've done a little research. The incident happened in Westland, MI. Westland PD does not have the best reputation in the Metro Detroit area. <br />
<br />
There are allegations that the detective in charge of...

USMC 2571
01-15-18, 06:49 AM
Good detective work chris

Zulu 36
01-15-18, 08:14 AM
I've never heard of a Writ of Habeas Corpus not being recognized. I'm sure it has been someplace, but I never heard of it. I wouldn't want to be the police supervisor when he has to show cause why he ignored the writ. It's a fundamental piece of the Constitution.

Mongoose
01-15-18, 03:46 PM
Chris.....the D.A. is a black Liberal.....do you really think she cares??

Zulu 36
01-15-18, 04:15 PM
Chris.....the D.A. is a black Liberal.....do you really think she cares??

The prosecutor may not, but the Marine's attorney is black and so is the judge who issued the writ. They will care because Westland PD is essentially flipping them off. Oh, and the attorney and judge have known each other for years and used to work in the same law firm until the judge got elected. We'll see what happens.

I'm also sure that the prosecutor was not consulted before WPD told the lawyer to take a hike. Just call it a feeling. Kym Worthy likes to be her own *******, not one on a police department's leash.

Writs of habeas corpus are common in Michigan (and possibly other states, I don't know). 90% of them are issued on the request of a police agency to the sheriff of a different county so they can bring the corpus before a judge in the requesting jurisdiction for arraignment or other legal procedure. It's mainly a CYA thing and never just ignored. The timing of those writs are always set up ahead of time so as not to step on any toes, schedule-wise. I know as I've requested a number of writs as a detective and OK'd others as a detective supervisor. The county prosecutor's office then actually prepares the writ and gets it signed by a judge. The CYA comes in if the prisoner escapes from the requesting jurisdiction, the releasing party is excused from legal obligation.

However, the writ in this case was requested by a defense attorney in order to force the PD to produce the corpus of his client for an interview. This was not a CYA writ, but a serious demand to see his client. As I said, we'll see.

Mongoose
01-16-18, 05:56 AM
All of that is way above my head.....what is the gun laws in Michigan? It all sounds like someone is out to get this Marine.

Zulu 36
01-16-18, 06:22 AM
The gun laws have changed somewhat since I lived there last (2000). But, from what I have gathered, it is claimed that the prosecutor is using the wrong statutes to bring charges. I don't know, not...