PDA

View Full Version : Take Your Politics and Stick It Where The Sun Don't Shine

thedrifter
02-06-04, 11:01 AM
Take Your Politics and Stick It Where The Sun Don't Shine
By DOUG THOMPSON
Feb 2, 2004, 08:16

When I was asked to serve my country 35 years ago, doing so meant lying to my family and my friends.

Only my first wife knew some of what I was doing. I was in places where the government said we weren’t, doing things the government said we didn’t do and breaking laws the government said we were obeying.

Those years of service left me bitter about a government that considers truth an expendable commodity. It also left some members of my family equally bitter when they found out many years later, not because I violated the oath I took to my country but because of a bureaucratic screw up in a federal personnel department that resulted in records being sent to my mother.

My first wife took her life several years after our divorce and I have no way of knowing for sure if living a double life with me contributed to the depression that led to her suicide.

Afterwards, I tried to use a career in journalism to make amends, concentrating on exposing corruption and graft in government. But crusading didn’t stop the nightmares, so I tried drowning the memories in scotch, which served only to dull the senses and cause other problems.

A decade went by and I got talked into another try at government service, this time on the legislative/political side. I rationalized this second chance as a way to change things from the inside as well as a way to deal with the demons that had haunted me.

Didn’t work. New demons eplaced the old ones, demons driven by power and a lust for the heady excitement that dominates political life. For a while, I let the lust take over and drowned my conscience once again in a bottle.

It would take another decade to see the light, dump the bottle, take the 12 steps and walk away from the seductive world of politics. But these two different exposures taught me that those who control our government don’t give a damn about America or care a twit about the Americans they are supposed to serve.

So I turned back to journalism, using this web site and other venues as an attempt to, once again, expose our government and the political system that controls it as a rotting cesspool of power, greed and corruption.

But I found America doesn’t really want to know the truth about its government or its elected officials. Americans prefers to wallow in their own sewer of personal indulgence, embracing only those things that serve their personal lusts and attacking anything that seems different from their own narrow points of view.

Instead of thinking on their own, too many Americans prefer to let their political parties and their leaders think for them, leading them down too many crooked paths and keeping them in the dark when it comes to true intentions and agendas.

We uncovered many misdeeds by Bill Clinton as he dragged the White House and the Presidency down through his lust, lies and corruption. But American voters gave him two terms in office, a book publisher gave him a multi-million dollar advance and corporations, universities and associations pay him thousands of dollars to speak at their meetings.

George W. Bush took office and promised to restore honor and integrity to government, but Bush turned out to be just as corrupt as Clinton, dragging the country into a war under false pretenses, trampling individual freedoms and giving the country the largest deficit in history. His credibility on the world stage is shot to hell and, along with it, the credibility of a once-great nation.

Now, as Dubya faces re-election, the Democrats can’t find or field an honest man (or woman) to run against him. John Kerry, the current front runner, lies about turning in his medals to protest the Vietnam War (they belonged to a friend) and – like Clinton – changes his positions according to polls. John Edwards made his millions as a leech – a trial lawyer who obtained fat settlements (and equally-fat contingency fees) from questionable lawsuits. Howard Dean can’t handle a third-place finish in a primary without going ballistic while Joe Lieberman, Dennis Kucinich and Al Sharpton are jokes.

So it doesn’t really matter who we elect to the White House because there isn’t much value in trading one son-of-a-***** for another. As for Congress, the current Republican leadership on both sides of the Hill sold out the second they gained power – forgetting all about term limits, abandoning their promise to keep pork out of spending and sucking all the federal money they can back into their states and districts.

And what to the lemmings who follow these con artists do? They align themselves with one party or another, clinging to a decaying political system that spreads like cancer throughout the nation, killing the body of a once-proud place called America.

I’m tired of wasting my time trying to educate the masses because the masses are too damn dumb and stupid to realize what is happening to them. Republicans follow Bush into the morass and ignore the freedoms they are losing every hour this madman remains in office. Democrats present their own slate of political hacks when anybody with an IQ above that of an average plant should know that not one of them is worth the price of a cup of coffee.

That’s why I’m leaving Capitol Hill Blue and leaving this game to others who still want to waste their time trying to enlighten those who have no wish to learn. Continue your blind partisanship and foolish allegiance to despots who care nothing about you or your needs. These goons exist only for their own satisfaction and lust for power. Feed it if you wish.

Don’t come crying to me when you wake up one day and realize your freedoms are gone because you followed your party line so foolishly. Sympathy, my granddaddy once told me, is something you find in the dictionary between “****” and “syphilis.”

I’m going to concentrate on my photography, concentrate on my non-political web sites and travel America, telling the stories of people who don’t genuflect to a political god or keep their heads shoved up some politician’s ass.

I’m going to look and see if there any real America left, hoping the cancer called politics hasn’t spread too far.

© Copyright 2004 by Capitol Hill Blue

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_4001.shtml

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

usmc4669
02-06-04, 11:17 AM
thedrifter
I wonder if he has proof, sure would like to know.

Doug Thompson of Fayetteville covers politics in fast-growing Northwest Arkansas. A native Arkansan, Thompson covered the Northwest region for the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette for three years before he and his wife, Lisa, left to join Stephens Media Group in February 2002. Lisa is now managing editor for The Morning News.

What's in a word? A lot it seems
By DOUG THOMPSON
Dec 9, 2003, 00:01
Email this article
Printer friendly page
Republicans have their already-tight ass cheeks clinched even more over Democratic Senator (and Presidential wannabe) John Kerry’s use of the Queen’s English to describe George W. Bush’s performance as President.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, Kerry said "when I voted for the war, I voted for what I thought was best for the country. Did I expect Howard Dean to go off to the left and say, 'I'm against everything?' Sure. Did I expect George Bush to **** it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did."

Now Republicans, who have been known to say “****” a time or two, are screaming that Kerry isn’t very Presidential when he deploys a word that just about everyone else uses in everyday conversation.

“I’m very disappointed that he would use that kind of language. That's beneath John Kerry,” says White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card. "I'm hoping that he's apologizing at least to himself, because that's not the John Kerry that I know."

Which is an interesting statement because the Andy Card I know says “****” all the time. His temper is well known and he has berated many a staff member with colorful language.

So has his boss. It was George W. Bush who, in 2002, told National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice: “**** Saddam. We’re taking him out.”

And it was the same George W. Bush who, in front of his daughters, told Wall Street Journal Washington Bureau Chief Al Hunt: “You no good ****ing son of a *****. I will never ****ing forget what you wrote.”

At a 1999, fundraiser in Washington, then-candidate Bush told a group of Republicans that his goal as President would be to “reverse all the ****ups of the Clinton administration and then **** the Democrats over.”

Five minutes later, he was talking about how much he believed in God.

Bush isn’t the first President to swear like a sailor and he certainly won’t be the last. Clinton was, and still is, a profane man given to obscenity-filled temper tantrums. So is his wife.

Ronald Reagan’s favorite word was “****.” He used it all the time in staff meetings and in telling jokes.

As the Watergate tapes show, Richard Nixon spewed four-letter words in every other sentence.

So why are Republicans so upset that John Kerry invoked such a classic Anglo Saxon term in reference to Bush? Their only option is anger at the language because they can’t really argue that Kerry’s assessment is wrong.

George W. Bush’s administration is a case study in FUBAR, a military acronym that stands for ****ed Up Beyond All Repair. Soldiers Iraq use the term often as they load another of their comrades into a body bag for the trip back home. Republican members of Congress use the same language whenever the White House rams through another spending bill that increases the cost of government and sends the national deficit to record levels.

And an increasing number of fools who voted for Bush now admit they ****ed up when they cast their vote back in November of 2000, although they can take solace in the sad fact that they didn’t really have much of a choice.

Their only choices were George W. Bush or Al Gore and, given the history of both men, the only result could be a ****up.

LONEEAGLE
02-06-04, 03:52 PM
Very Impressive pieces of information. The key.... I know has been delt, and I have had the distinct unpleasureable dealings with is......"THESE NO-COUNT PIECES OF THE LOWEST FORM OF HUMANITY ON THIS PLANET, A POLITICIAN." "EACH TIME ANYONE OF THEM OPENS THEIR MOUTHS, LIES POOR OUT, LIKE THOSE THINGS IN THE BIG BLACK MAN ON DEATH ROW, IN THE MOVIE THE GREEN MILE." "IT IS KNOWN, WATCH THE OREILLY FACTOR SOMETIME, AND HE'S ALREADY HAD A FORMER ELECTED PERSON WHO REGAINED HIS SANITY, QUIT, THEN WROTE A BOOK ABOUT IT." "Exactly what both have said.......this man backs it up. The name of the book is not comin' into the memory of my brain housin' group....However just write one. Complain about something substantial. If it isn't for them to gain something from, they'll paper you...by this I mean, just send paper work, which you could've done. I HOPE I DON'T LIVE TO SEE THE DAY WHEN THIS NATION, THE ONES WITH OPEN EYES, WILL GET SO FED UP, IT'LL BE THE BIGGEST REVOLUTION EVER IN THE WORLD. THE FAT CATS AIN'T GONNA BE FAT.....NO? I HOPE NOT. BUT YOU CAN ONLY KICK A LYING DOG SO LONG BEFORE HE BITES YOUR D***AND GETS YOU A BUDLIGHT.

david43844
02-06-04, 03:59 PM
just for the ****of it I looked up Shadow Government and also Skull & Bones..........Interesting

Sparrowhawk
02-06-04, 05:11 PM
Can't get along with his neighbors...

Another wannabee? Who knows, he probably was on a boat down in the Delta with Kerry, I hate stupid people like this that say they have done so and so then blame the government.

And there is no way one can verify because of course it was all top secret. Stupid people

Originally posted
Take Your Politics and Stick It Where The Sun Don't Shine
By DOUG THOMPSON

I’m going to concentrate on my photography..

Shhhit, there goes the neighborhood of photography...

Maybe someone can send him large crayons so that he first learns not to color outside the lines; it was the first lesson we learned in Kindergarten.

Follow the rules, if you violate them, you pay the price.

Fellow doesn't like how things work in America, but still he places a "© Copyright 2004 by Capitol Hill Blue," on his writings.. LOL

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_4001.shtml

radio relay
02-06-04, 05:44 PM
Has all the glaring, beeping, horn blaring signs of yet another phoney baloney, wannabe jerk, who never got off the livingroom couch during the James Bond marathon on AMC. Much less, was a top secret, CIA/NSA/DIA, boogey woogey man who did terrible, yet heroic, things, which, if he told you what they were, he'd have to kill you... yadda, yadda, yadda...

As I've stated before here, I had a job, after I was released from active duty, where I maintained communications sites for the U.S. military in N.E. Thailand, during the last half of the Vietnam war (I also served in Vietnam, as a Marine, in communications), and part of my job was keeping the comm gear of the local intel folks up and running too. I did't know everything they did, nor did I want to, but I did (inadvertantly, and advertantly) get to see enough to know that:

1. They were fine, upstanding patriots, and for the most part, were ordinary folks. One was even a very pleasant lady in her late sixties. Some were Peace Corps workers. Others were Special Forces.

2. Their mission was sensitive, but it was not intended for any purpose, other than the protection of the United States, and it's citizens, from entities in this world who would would like nothing better, than to see America obliterated from the earth.

Guys like Doug Thompson, can kiss my butt! He's a liar, a fraud, and a big mouth that needs to keep shut!!! Did the S.O.B. go through as much as John McCain, or maybe, like "Bob" Kerry (not to be confused with "John" Kerry), was he awarded a Medal Of Honor? Both are politicians. Or how about John Glenn?

Oh no! His job was way too hush hush to even say, but it was terrible enough to leave him a broken and bitter man... Give me a break!!!

I am so sick and tired of these a-hole losers!

SF :marine:

greybeard
02-06-04, 09:40 PM
The guy's gonna take his ball and go home? Good riddance.

Now-what do all the following people have in common?????
Singing a different tune, now that it's an election year. They had access to the very same intel the president did.
Hypocrites!!!

1 "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal,
murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime . He presents a
particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to
miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his
continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction
... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real ..."
~ Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

2 "I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority
to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe
that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is
a real and grave threat to our security."
~ Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

3. "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to
develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them.
That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

4 "If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear.
We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass
destruction program."
- President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

5 "Iraq is a long way from [the USA], but what happens there matters a great deal
here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear,
chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest
security threat we face."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

6 "He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times
since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

7 "[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S.
Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate,
air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to
the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction
programs."
- Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin,
Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others Oct. 9, 1998

8 "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass
destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he
has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
- Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

9 "Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass
destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

10 "There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons
programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs
continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam
continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a
licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten
the United States and our allies."
- Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,)
and others, December 5, 2001

11"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a
threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the
mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction
and the means of delivering them."
- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

12 "We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical
weapons throughout his country."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

13 "Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to
deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in
power."
- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

14 "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing
weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

15 "The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are
confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and
biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to
build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence
reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

16 "There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively
to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the
next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated
the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

17 "He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every
significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his
chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has
refused to do"
- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

18 "We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam
Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for
the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"piece de la resistance":

19 "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that
Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weap ons
stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has
also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members
.. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will
continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare,
and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

namgrunt
02-08-04, 12:12 AM
Greybeard's message pretty well nails Doug Thompson's credibility coffin shut. All that remains is to figure out what flag to drape over it before burial in the dungheap of history.

greensideout
02-08-04, 08:54 PM
Well done Greybeard! What else needs to be said?