PDA

View Full Version : Prior Service Clarifications?

chunt87
11-02-17, 01:33 PM
Good Afternoon Marines,

Hoping to find someone that knows what’s going on with tattoos. I’m currently in the process of getting tattoos removed just so I can re-enlist after being out since 2010. I would have reenlisted then to avoid this whole issue, but long story short came home to raise my brother and take care of my mother.

I’ve talked to a few different recruiters some say there are waivers for tattoos, my local recruiter says absolutely not till it’s completely removed. I’m 6 treatments in on my arms and am currently on hold from further treatments due to hyperpigmentation of the skin. I kind of feel like I’m getting the run around.

Other than the tattoos on my forearms being the disqualifier, I’m good to go, reenlistment code RE-A1, 82 Asvab, zero care on what MOS if I cant resign into my original MOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

USMC 2571
11-02-17, 03:48 PM
Others will be along, I have no info, but check out the Ask A Marine section of this forum for extensive threads about tattoos; however, PM kamauxx first, as he is a former recruiter. And be aware that I don't know if the info given in Ask A Marine would be applicable to prior service. Good luck.