PDA

View Full Version : Recruits will spend two weeks in ‘Phase 4’

FoxtrotOscar
10-15-17, 10:07 AM
Big change to boot camp: Recruits will spend two weeks in ‘Phase 4’ <br />
<br />
Making Marines at boot camp is a sacred mission that the Corps rarely changes. <br />
<br />
But the commandant is revising the schedule...

Tennessee Top
10-15-17, 03:54 PM
Another week of mentoring/guided discussion groups. Let's not make it too hard. One more step to making bootcamp just like all the other services. Just as Congress wants.

Hammer
10-15-17, 04:02 PM
What a bunch of crap IMO. The Corp is in a spiral of becoming accommodating to today's snowflake generation, and it's officers are leading the charge.

Mongoose
10-15-17, 04:23 PM
One day the Air Force will be .....The Few, The Proud. Just saying....

advanced
10-15-17, 08:33 PM
We didn't even know we were going to graduate till the morning of graduation when we were given our MOS. Then off to ITR. We certainly were not coddled, this is the Marine Corps, not the peace corps.

Kegler300
10-15-17, 08:52 PM
Two weeks of sensitivity training ...

FoxtrotOscar
10-15-17, 09:00 PM
Two weeks of sensitivity training ...

EXACTLY Keg...

m14ed
10-16-17, 02:44 AM

Yesterday, 09:33 PM #5 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?124171-Recruits-will-spend-two-weeks-in-%E2%80%98Phase-4%E2%80%99&p=1027637&viewfull=1#post1027637)
advanced (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?48018-advanced)
We didn't even know we were going to graduate
till the morning of graduation when we were given our MOS.

Then off to ITR.

We certainly were not coddled,

this is the Marine Corps,

not the peace corps.
.************************************************* *******************
I don't think anyone could have said it better-
JMHO

Zulu 36
10-16-17, 05:54 AM
I don't know about some people here, but I had no problems understanding that I was no longer in boot camp and that I was a Marine, even in ITR. True, in ITR we were treated like we didn't know much, but that was because we DIDN'T know much.

Different times.

USMC 2571
10-16-17, 06:07 AM
Well, Phase 4 has been described. Phase 5 will be implemented next year, and it involves two things. 1) holding hands with fellow new Marines singing Kumbaya, and 2) having a drill instructor assigned to each new Marine to hold his or her hand for the rest of the enlistment, just to make sure they are babied enough. Moms of America will love this new development.

Then every 30 days, they will personally meet with the Commandant for a sit-down at HQMC just to be sure baby is treated properly and has no complaints. Again, the protocol for this is to get the Commandant, and all new Marines in a giant virtual circle, all on computer screens across the country and around the world, to sing Kumbaya, as one happy family.

And I am not criticizing these new developments, but rather saying that they all are natural results of the mentality nowadays.

The 69th Transgender Regiment will be at the forefront of any ceremonies conducted prior to these events taking place. By 2050 all Marine MUST transition to transgender. These are just the times, and there is nothing at all unusual about changing with the times. The Corps seems to think it is is all just fine, so let's go all the way, while we're at it. Enough of these piecemeal halfway measures. Let's get an agenda together and press forward until the entire Armed Forces of the United States are just like our country, mere shadows of their former shelves.

USMC 2571
10-16-17, 06:12 AM
By the year 2025 it is reported from reliable sources that each Marine will have, in his or her cell phone, the personal number 24/7 of the Commandant, which the Marine can call for any reason that involves comforting that Marine, and the Commandant will be available, again, 24/7, so important is the New Coddling Program (NCP) to our armed forces and our way of life.

USMC 2571
10-16-17, 06:13 AM
I especially like the phrase "normal evolution of boot camp". Just the fact that it was said means that it is anything but.

Mongoose
10-16-17, 07:09 AM
So much for the prestige that goes with being a Marine. As Dave and I once talked about, we may very well see on-line Boot Camp one day. You will be able to become a Marine on the internet. Like Chris stated.....I never had a problem going from point a to point b. I really liked the part that said....recruits will PT because it's their responsibility, not because the D.I. told them to. Yeaaaaa Boy.....responsibility is in over abundance in this new generation.

greybeard
10-16-17, 07:18 AM
Strange sheit for sure. We didn't need anything to tell us we were now Marines and tho my memory is fading fast and probably jaded, I thought ITR did the job this screwy 'program' is supposed to do. No?

"“There’s nothing wrong with the way we did it."
If it ain't broke, why 'fix' it?

advanced
10-16-17, 09:01 AM
I hit Parris Island 3rd Battalion in the middle of January 1967. During my time recruit training had been modified and shrunk down to about 5 days of forming for the company of 3 platoons to fill up (I was in the 1st platoon), and then training was cut to 8 weeks. But, what an 8 weeks that was. Sunday's were not a training day so our 5 DI's used Sunday's to mass fvck with us. I never want to hear again "The name of the game is together."

From the best of my memory we also had 6 phases back then. Forming and phases 1-2 were simply a nightmare. Rifle range (2 weeks) was phase 3, Elliot's Beach I believe was phase 4 (and no one received their EGA's), mess duty for a week was phase 5. Our last phase 6 was continued training and the DI's were no longer as vicious, but many of our recruits still had their assses handed to them. We also did guard duty that week, I pulled guard at 4th Battalion though I never saw any of the women (but we can dream, can't we?) We were also now allowed to unbutton our top shirt button. Damn, we were proud. We all knew we were boots and more important we all knew that most of us would be going to the Nam (needs of the Marine Corps) and we were not coddled - we were told that many/most of us would die. I would say we were prepared. 85 of the 96 in my platoon that graduated became 03's and we couldn't have been happier.

Back in my day most of us were very naive, we didn't know that the Marine Corps had so many MOS's as we had all gone in on open contract, we all thought the MC was strictly infantry so we had no problem with our assignments. Most of my graduating platoon went to the Nam during the summer of 67, I didn't get there till Jan 68. I was told later that most of my platoon was dead from friends I ran across both in the Nam and when I returned home. I never was hit, but spent many years with survivor guilt. Just saying.

Mongoose
10-17-17, 06:58 AM
In 67....they were running us through boot camp at top speed. They had shortened boot camp by 2 weeks. There was no need to adjust to anything......we had on the job adjustment in Nam.

Old Marine
10-17-17, 08:42 AM
Some time ago they took away Mess/Maint. week and never replaced it, so that is one week this replaces. Looks like one week more has been added.

After my retirement I worked on MCRD, SD and witnessed the caliber of recruits that were running around the depot after graduation. Not the best I had ever see. Witnessed it for 13 years and it was going nowhere but down hill. What a shame. Can only imagine how it is these days.

advanced
10-17-17, 10:14 AM
Old Marine, you are one that certainly could tell the difference.