PDA

View Full Version : House Passes 2018 Budget Plan

irpat54
10-05-17, 02:26 PM
President Trump’s “America First” budget blueprint. (AP/Photo)
October 5, 2017

OAN Newsroom

The House passes a $4.1 trillion budget plan, setting the stage for the GOP’s tax overhaul agenda.

The measure won approval along party lines in a 219-to-206 vote Thursday.

The budget plan calls for more than five trillion dollars in spending cuts over the coming decade, including a plan to turn Medicare into a voucher-like program for future retirees.

The framework for the GOP tax reform plan also promotes a tax cut for businesses.

The approved 2018 budget resolution is a big win for Republicans because it helps set up a process for shielding the GOP tax bill from a filibuster in the Senate.

Passing the measure is behind schedule, but Republicans are expecting movement.

FoxtrotOscar
10-05-17, 03:12 PM
Is this the first budget since the "o" administration...???

irpat54
10-05-17, 03:43 PM
Is this the first budget since the "o" administration...???

yes, since the O first took office, they always used continuing resolutions so they would have to make decisions on who gets what money.

FoxtrotOscar
10-05-17, 05:21 PM
In reality, there isn't 4.1 Trillion dollars on this planet...

Politicians should start receiving No Pay Due until they accomplish things correctly and with positive results...

Mongoose
10-06-17, 07:33 AM
Mike, must I remind you.....we have the best Politicians money can buy.

Tennessee Top
10-06-17, 07:10 PM
Passing stuff in the House has not been the problem. Let's see how far it gets in the Senate filibuster or no filibuster.

Mongoose
10-07-17, 08:11 AM
I thought they had done away with the filibuster, Top? Any way the Republicans will still have those 3 or 4 like McCain that will kill it......not because it's bad, but because they are traitors to the Right.

Tennessee Top
10-07-17, 08:33 AM
That's why I said "filibuster or no filibuster". Meaning, not having the filibuster available to the democrats is no real advantage to the Republicans if they cannot come up with the votes they need.

DocCrow
10-30-17, 10:23 AM
Mike, must I remind you.....we have the best Politicians money can buy.
Bought yes the best is another story for later. What’s the difference between a congressman and a Carp ?????? One is a scum sucking bottom feeder the other one is a fish

irpat54
10-30-17, 01:16 PM
bought yes the best is another story for later. What’s the difference between a congressman and a carp ?????? One is a scum sucking bottom feeder the other one is a fish

roflmbo

DocCrow
10-30-17, 09:46 PM
Thought you would like that