PDA

View Full Version : Disabled Marine veteran ambushed, killed by masked men in his Georgia garage

FoxtrotOscar
09-03-17, 08:39 PM
Disabled Marine veteran ambushed, killed by masked men in his Georgia garage

A disabled Marine veteran was shot and killed during a confrontation in his garage with would-be home invaders on Friday, police said.

Authorities said that Phillip Lamar Davis, 47, was getting ready to take his wife to work early Friday morning when he opened the garage door and three masked men ambushed them.

Police believe the men intended to rob the victims after entering their home.

When they confronted the couple, Davis tried to protect his wife and push them away, sparking a struggle, during which Davis was shot, police said. His wife took off and ran to a neighbor’s house to call for help.

“She was just screaming, ‘There's gunshots, there's gunshots. Get here right now,’” the wife’s sister, Daphne Sinclair, said, reports (http://www.wpxi.com/news/trending-now/military-veteran-ambushed-killed-by-masked-men-inside-his-garage/602115617) WPXI. “She heard the gunshots and she ran to a neighbor’s house saying, ‘Call 911.’”

The couple were high school sweethearts and got married a little over a year ago.

“We are trying to track scents of the suspects to see which directions they may have gone,” DeKalb County Police spokesperson Shiera Campbell told (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime--law/georgia-military-vet-ambushed-killed-masked-men-inside-his-garage/MRvZ4VSThsED5X4hPQnZNJ/) the Palm Beach Post.

“Like they say, you never think it’s going to happen to your family, but it did,” Lorenzo Sinclair, the wife’s father, said, reports WPXI.

Sinclair said they want to see the men behind this attack brought to justice.

The home is located in the 500 block of Mountain Oaks Parkway, according to Fox 5 Atlanta (http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/277970817-story), and no suspects are in custody at this time.

Nothing like punk cowards...!!!

Stay alert Marines, the world is totally unsafe at home these days...

Kegler300
09-03-17, 08:43 PM
I'm going to just start wearing my holstered .45 around the house all day long ... It's come to this.

Rattlesnake
09-04-17, 12:45 AM
Thank You for posting this FoxtrotOscar. It's impossible to be too careful whether it's at home or out in public. I keep multiple handguns around the house/garage and carry legally (concealed gun permit) just encase. I recommend others do the same.

Semper Fi,

irpat54
09-04-17, 07:38 AM
I as well have a CCL/CCW of course now here in Mi. after I spent the $ getting it, they passed the law where U don't need one anymore..lol but I take it with me when I go anywhere and have it handy in the home as well.

USMC 2571
09-04-17, 08:22 AM
I never ever ever leave the house without it, like American Express says. A Ruger SP 101 five-shot .357 revolver, with 10 extra hollow point rounds just in case.

Hammer
09-04-17, 08:40 AM
I carry a Colt Commander. I hope I don't have to use it; but I am prepared to do so if the occasion arises.

advanced
09-04-17, 08:40 AM
That's a very good weapon Dave. Most of the time I just carry a featherweight smith 38, if I'm expecting some trouble I go to my 45's. Some say the 38 is too light but I've had many years of experience with that caliber.

Also being X-SWAT I'm a pretty good shot even if I say so myself, especially up close and personal as I was always on the entry teams. Of course most of carrying is knowing when to shoot/or not. If yes, putting your rounds in a tight group down range is what's important when it comes to going home later. Just saying.

Mongoose
09-04-17, 08:58 AM
Being from Texas...I carry a Sturm Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag. with hollow points. If it don't kill you....it will leave you permanently disabled.

USMC 2571
09-04-17, 09:57 AM
Billy, that Blackhawk is like having your own personal cannon.

And Russ, I'm mildly surprised you didn't end that with "Just Saying".

USMC 2571
09-04-17, 09:58 AM
I had a .38 airweight once, those are great, feels like you could almost carry it in a shirt pocket with little weight felt. A very good weapon. Anything less than a .38, in my humble opinion, would not be very good for defense, although anything is better than nothing. But those .357s and .45s have great stopping power. An assailant gets hit anywhere, and he is going down, as opposed to being "winged".

USMC 2571
09-04-17, 09:59 AM
But hit by a Blackhawk? He'd be lucky to fall down within the same county.

USMC 2571
09-04-17, 10:00 AM
But back to the thread----Rest In Peace, Marine. Prayers for the entire family, and also for all friends of his. A terrible tragedy, needless to say.

advanced
09-04-17, 10:05 AM
Being from Texas...I carry a Sturm Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag. with hollow points. If it don't kill you....it will leave you permanently disabled.
Damn Billy, like Dave said you might as well have a cannon. I hope you don't dislocate your own arm with that one. With a 38 or 45 there's not much recovery, especially with a 1911. Tight groups in the assailants frontal lobe.

The 38 might no permanently disable the bad guy, but you can put more rounds in him while he's going down. Sport shooting.

USMC 2571
09-04-17, 10:05 AM
I think Russ went back and added JUST SAYING, just to bust em.....LOL

advanced
09-04-17, 10:06 AM
I think Russ went back and added JUST SAYING, just to bust em.....LOL
Nope. Just saying.

What are you all saying, that's my trade mark or something?

USMC 2571
09-04-17, 10:07 AM
Ok Russ....take care. Just saying.

Zulu 36
09-04-17, 11:28 AM
I'm going to just start wearing my holstered .45 around the house all day long ... It's come to this.

I wear my Walther .380 in and out of the house all the time. None of my kids think I'm weird because I've done it all their lives. My grand-daughter doesn't even pay attention to it any more either (and she's only 10-months old).

If something like a hurricane or social disturbance would kick up, I'd switch to my Sig P-228 9mm and have my 12ga ready to go also.

FoxtrotOscar
09-04-17, 11:54 AM
It's all fine to carry and be prepared, just be aware of your local laws, don't expect the local police to fully understand them, many simply do not...

Secondly, Practice, Practice and Practice...

:nerd:

Mongoose
09-04-17, 04:46 PM

FistFu68
09-05-17, 09:17 AM
Got Dogs am fortunate to get a heads uP but still hump my .45acp in the shower