View Full Version : Hey Devil Dogs I have a quick question

08-21-17, 12:24 AM
So I'm a reservist and am currently waiting on my inner unit transfer to be completed as I am attending college in West Virginia now.
The other day I lost my wallet and it had my cac card. I made a report to the police today notifying them of the incident. I talked to a family friend who is a Major in the Army and he told me to go to the closest DEERS center when I get the chance. Is this what I should do?

08-21-17, 06:47 AM
I am not up to speed on the new way things are done now, but when I lost my wallet, many moons ago, I went to my local reserve center (I was on leave, I was an active duty Marine) and they got everything done for me at that time and got me a replacement ID card as well.

Old Marine
08-21-17, 08:16 AM
Its my understanding that all admin problems have to go through DEERS these days. Been that way for some time.

USMC 2571
08-21-17, 12:23 PM
If you can't find out any other way, and only as a last resort, you might consider contacting your own reserve unit. But that's just in case you ask numerous places and they can't assist you in any way. Good luck to you.