PDA

View Full Version : Active Duty Marines?

Kamauxx
08-02-17, 01:41 PM
Is this forum only for EAS'd/separated/retired Marines or are there AD Marines here as well?

I did a brief tour of the forum and it seems like most people here have been out for decades.

Kurt Loadeater
08-02-17, 01:50 PM
If I wanted to talk to AD Marines I'd probably head to reddit or one of the other social media websites.

irpat54
08-02-17, 01:51 PM
there are active duty Jarheads here as well, but probably a few more of us old farts, though,,, lol but, yes, we have quite a few active duty Marines.

Kamauxx
08-02-17, 01:54 PM
there are active duty Jarheads here as well, but probably a few more of us old farts, though,,, lol but, yes, we have quite a few active duty Marines.

Thanks, irpat54.

Tennessee Top
08-02-17, 02:30 PM
It's a mixed population but don't know the percentages. Some of us old retired farts have more time on our hands so we may be on here often - what the hell else is there to do.

I'm always glad to see more active duty Marines here because it gives us a better idea about what's going on in our Corps today and somebody we can ask questions to.

It's been my experience, active duty Marines come-and-go (understandable since Marines don't stay in one place very long). We've had recruiters here in the past but they disappeared after awhile and never came back.

Maybe active duty Marines are discouraged from hanging around for the reasons you mentioned in your first paragraph. If so, that's unfortunate because we need to hear from all generations of Devil Dogs.

Melvin Jeffries
08-02-17, 09:44 PM
I agree it should be interesting to hear from younger Marines. I am an official "Old Fart". MCRD August 61

USMC 2571
08-03-17, 06:07 AM
Just my opinion based on what I've seen here for 10 years, but remember how we did not want to talk about the Corps with others when we were on active duty? We sought outlets elsewhere. It seems to me that the active duty folks here are the same way we were. They are on this site, but they prefer to talk about other things besides the Corps that they are in day after day after day. So they talk about other things here, mainly, unless you draw them out. We were the same way a long time ago. Nothing unusual about it.