PDA

View Full Version : Snowflake watch....

FoxtrotOscar
03-17-17, 03:52 PM
Snowflake Watch: Safe words for safe spacesCitizens have 911. Employees have the EEOC. Distressed sailors have the Coast Guard.

But what do America’s college students have? Where can they turn when they find themselves outside campus “safe spaces” and suffering a “microaggression”?

Fortunately, the University of Arizona has an answer. It recently distributed a 20-page booklet (http://humanities.arizona.edu/sites/humanities.arizona.edu/files/Classroom%20Dialogue%20Guide%20.pdf) suggesting to faculty that when a student is victimized by a microaggression the appropriate response should be saying “ouch.” And the correct response for the offender should be saying “oops,” according to the guide.

“If a student feels hurt or offended by another student’s comment, the hurt student can say ‘ouch.’ In acknowledgement, the student who made the hurtful comment says “oops.” If necessary, there can be further dialogue about this exchange.”

The guide was authored by Jesus Treviño, vice provost of the big taxpayer-funded university, whose salary reportedly is $214,000 per year (http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/article/2016/10/ua-salary-database-201617-fiscal-year).

For those unfamiliar with the apparently epidemic scale of microaggression and thus not able to spot such offenses, the booklet offers a definition: Microaggressions are “the everyday verbal, nonverbal, and environmental slights, snubs or insults, whether intentional or unintentional, that communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative messages to target persons based solely upon their marginalized group membership.”

The University of Arizona isn’t the first to suggest the “ouch”/”oops” protocol. Iowa State University (https://www.extension.iastate.edu/article/communicate-respectfully-diverse-world), among others, has also urged a similar approach.
<section>
</section>

smith1811
03-17-17, 05:04 PM
Good lord,what has this country turned into ?

Tennessee Top
03-17-17, 06:13 PM
This happens all over the country now. There is an "office of diversity" here at the University of Tennessee. First thing they did last year was ban office Christmas parties on campus. Looks like a Christmas party can be a micro aggression now days. And these cry babies are our future leaders (well, I'm old so I'll be gone by then hopefully)!

Tennessee Top
03-17-17, 08:27 PM
According to the office for diversity's newsletter. Examples of microaggressions can be "asking a minority student where they're from", and "saying a job should go to the most qualified applicant" (as that is anti equal opportunity). Dumbest $hit I've heard in my life. And this from a so-called "institution of higher learning"!

advanced
03-18-17, 07:13 AM
After all these years I must now admit that back in the day I used to ask the babysons "How much boom boom." There, I've finally admitted it, I feel so much better now and all my "quilt" is relieved.

By the way, they always said 5 dollair, and I always responded with "5 dollair 2 boo koo, 2 dollair." I saved a lot of money.

Tennessee Top
03-18-17, 11:41 AM
^^^I like your negotiating skills!

Kegler300
03-18-17, 03:06 PM
Pussies ...

spanky97
03-18-17, 03:54 PM
How about this?

Mongoose
03-19-17, 04:05 PM