PDA

View Full Version : From one, who makes a good argument, agree/disagree, not my statement.

LONEEAGLE
01-31-04, 12:00 PM
Here is what Kerry said about Bush’s track record regarding veterans; “The first definition of pratriotism is keeping faith with those who have worn the uniform of the country.” He went on to say that many veterans must wait too long for health care, while others who are disabled receive a reduced pension. I think what one has to realize is that the media, in which we rely on, reports what they want us to know. Much of the media, at least the major players are currently pro-Bush. However, things are slowly changing. For example, many in the media and in government are wanting to know more about Bush’s claim that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and that is why we went to war in Iraq. It may not come out anytime soon, but I predict that history will show that 99% of what Bush is doing in office is to line the pockets of the oil industry. In yesterday’s paper, on the third page in a very small article I read where the North Slope of Alaska will begin being prepared for drilling. So, Bush’s Congress pushed that through without the majority of the American public even knowing about it. One of the last places in our country that is pristine, and our fellow Americans who are more interested in the last episode of “Friends” airing on the television don’t spend enough time staying up on what is really going on in our country. I say, and will continue to say, that King George and his band of thieves are doing more damage to America, especially our freedoms with his Office of Homeland Security, than any leader in the history of our nation. John Ashcroft is flat-ass dangerous and will hopefully come down with some strange disease that will take his ass out quick (hopefully painfully). Think about it, George and his security plan is allowing our government to get into our lives like never before in the name of stopping terrorism, yet he opens up the borders to every spic who wants to come over and take whatever job they can get, including car theft and drug running.

What it boils down to, I give a **** who the Democrats nominate, he will get my vote. My first choice is Wesley Clark, but I don’t think he has the clout politically that Kerry has. As long as we have a Republican President and a Republican Congress, our country, the one we spent our time in one of the biggest ****-holes in the world to supposedly protect, is going to continue to be turned over to those who have all the wealth. Not that Democratic politicians are any better than Republican politicians, but King George and his followers are just plain dangerous.

Use your Internet, go to Kerry’s web site and send a note, not an ugly note, and just ask exactly where he stands on veteran’s issues. I know George has not been kind to veterans. He waves the flag and pats the troops on the back, then screws ‘em. Both Houses of Congress wanted to give retired military veterans full VA benefits along with their retirement pay (concurrent receipt) and Bush said if they even included it in the last defense bill, he would veto the entire bill. Mr. Bush is a horse’s ass. I could say more but my feelings might end up in the hands of the Office of Homeland Security and I would get a visit from the Secret Service and end up in prison without any right to counsel since my comments would of course be considered those of a terrorist and our nation is fighting terrorism, unless the terrorist comes across the Mexican border. Give me a break! He wants the Mexican vote and could care less about the problems his decision on treating Mexicans like real Americans will cause for not only the average American living in California, Arizona, Texas, etc. and the law enforcement agencies that are going to have to deal with the issue.

This was an unpaid political announcement (-: Can you tell that I detest George Bush and his administration? You have a wonderful Illinois weekend.
:banana: :D

namgrunt
01-31-04, 12:36 PM
BigEagle6,

Thats the beauty of our form of government. We can have two sides to every issue, and not be exiled to another country for standing on either one. I disagree almost 100% with what you say. However, we have both fought this nations enemies for your right to say it.

I'm not sure where you see the major media are pro-Bush. The major news anchors have always taken sniping shots at the President, regardless of what is going on. I've seen the glee in their eyes when they report a stumble or gaff he might commit. He is no Ronald Reagan, but he does get things done. It beats having a Rhodes Scholar in Oval Office, who disdains the military, and used commissioned officers of our armed forces, in full dress uniform, as cocktail waiters at diplomatic shindigs.

As for pandering to the hispanic vote, would you think Bush was very smart if he just sat there on his hands, and hoped we would like him well enough to re-elect him? What voting blocks are your candidates pandering to, or hadn't you noticed? Would you deny one side an equal attempt to garner votes?

If you feel he is the wrong man, then vote him out. If Clark makes your innards feel all warm and fuzzy, then go for it. As for me, unless he betrays this nation, I shall do what I can to retain Bush in office.

Semper Fi!
namgrunt
P.S. Glad you made it back from Nam alive, BigEagle6.

mamartinez
01-31-04, 12:38 PM
Just another "Hate Bush" Liberal. Senator Kerry joined the "Vets against the War" movement shortly after coming back from Vietnam. The group was organized, amongst others, by "Hanoi" Jane Fonda. I gather BigEagle 6 has not seen the picture of Hanoi Jane hanging out with the VC in North Vietnam, sitting on a antiaircraft battery.

Senator Kerry claims to have thrown his medals over the White House fence, but reports suggest they were not his own. Rather, the medals he claims to have thrown over the fence are framed in his office in Washington.

Your first choice for the office was Wesley Clark, a politician that could not keep his values straight regarding the war in Iraq. First, he testified in Congress that the war was justified. Afterwards, when annointed by the Clintons, he decided he was against the war. The good general was so confused about what he was doing, he had not even registered as a Democrat, until Kerry pointed it out during one of the debates.

Lastly, BigEagle 6, you should go out and PT for an extended period of time, playing close attention to some sit-ups and the 3 mile run. Your anger is clouding your vision.

Semper Fi

mamartinez
01-31-04, 12:45 PM
NamGrunt:

Where did you serve?

namgrunt
01-31-04, 01:27 PM
mamartinez:

I served two tours in RVN. The first with F/2/5, and H/2/7, from April 1966 to February 1967. The second was with B/1/27 to counter Tet Offensive attacks, from February to April of 1968. It was cut short by a good marksman on the other side. My enlistment ended before I healed well enough to go back a third time.

namgrunt

usmc4669
01-31-04, 01:28 PM
Please fellow Marines brothers, don't pick on BigEagle6, he has a right to express his political views the same as we do. I also do not agree with him, somewhere he has been misled, his mind has been warped by the Democrats who are running for the highest Office of the United States. Still he has a right to feel as he does. ILL is known to be control by the Democrats, The best way to disagree with BigEagle6 is to make sure to VOTE for George W. come NOV. As a Band of Brothers lets stand together and make sure the likes of John Kerry, Wesley Clark, John Edwards, or Joe Lieberman ( the best of them All) never has the chance to distroy our great country. I wondedr if BigEagle6 served in any over seas command when he was serving, by his rank doesn't look like he stayed in long enough to retire.
GySgt Marvin Bush USMC Retired (Former Democrats who saw the light.)

namgrunt
01-31-04, 01:41 PM
I hear you loud and clear, Gunny!

I'm also a "neo-Republican". I have no qualms with BigEagle6 feeling as he does. I've not walked a mile in his shoes to be able to criticize him. I've gathered that he has a possible service-connected disability, which would cause him to focus more upon "vets" issues. He is still a Marine, and my brother because of it. I just feel he needed to hear a response to his proclamation. Perhaps my message will give him pause to reflect.

Semper Fi!
namgrunt
(Javier F. V. Cascos - Sgt E5 - USMC - Inactive)

mamartinez
01-31-04, 03:13 PM
NAMGRUNT:

Thanks for the reply. I join USMC4669 in his stand protecting the right of BigEagle 6 to express his opinion and political views, as well as be ready to vote in November for GW.

sleeper
01-31-04, 03:49 PM
You're the head honcho dictator of a country. The USA sends you a nice love letter stating &quot;Show us the WMDs and you can stay in power.&quot; P.S. Remember we put you in power. <br />
Alls you have to do is...

usmc4669
01-31-04, 04:19 PM
sleeper
Yes we put Saddam Hussein in power, same as we supported Osama bin Ladin and al-Qaida. The Democrats knew this they help put him in power, same as they help support Osama bin Ladin. The CIA have screwed up so damn much over the past 50 years no wonder we are in such a mess.
usmc4669

LONEEAGLE
01-31-04, 05:24 PM
First of all ya'll. It's not my statement. Read the header....It was taken from someone else, not me, with permission, to use, to post. I don't have an agenda, except to help veterans. In all possible ways......From one, "NOT MY STATEMENT."

LONEEAGLE
01-31-04, 05:28 PM
I'll say it one more time.....This was not written by me, "NOT MY STATEMENT." I don't discuss my political agenda, if I'm a Dem/rep/indep/.......It's from someone who hates GW. Not me. He wanted me to post it. That's all. He's blind. Okay?

ivalis
01-31-04, 06:08 PM
Big Eagle, you posted it three times .."It was not written by me"..........

Try to post it again, most on here can't read!

usmc4669
01-31-04, 06:12 PM
BigEagle6

Reply was to the message more then to you. Make it clear when you post for someone else, "not my statement" got by me. You can tell your blind friend that a lot of Marines disagree with him. I cannot relate to someone who is blind but I can disagree. May God bless your friend.
usmc4669

greybeard
02-01-04, 12:06 AM
BigEagle6, I understand you did NOT write this. It's unbelievable tho.
Anyone else see the blatant lies, thinly vieled as political rhetoric in this article? I don't know if the guy who wrote it is handicaped in some way or not, but he definitely lives in some kind of timewarp. This is not 1975. This is what comes of being uninformed, (the writer-not you BigEagle6). Let's look at this little jewel.

Here is what Kerry said about Bush’s track record regarding veterans; “The first definition of pratriotism is keeping faith with those who have worn the uniform of the country.” He went on to say that many veterans must wait too long for health care, while others who are disabled receive a reduced pension.

Yes, they have to wait too long for health care. What he didn't say was that the dollar for dollar reduction in pension benefits for those with disabilities has been around sind 1890. That's right BigEagle. The article you posted is complaining about a 100+yr old law. How many presidents and sessions of congress have come & gone since then? It has never been addressed---till NOW.
In a republican congress, with a Republican President, the act of 1890 has finally been ammeded, signed by the president and enacted. It's known as concurrent receipt. It's not perfect but it's a huge step in the right direction. I know many vets who are now entitled to draw both full pension and disability, thanks to this congress and this administration. And who is whining-in an election year? The same democrats who have sat idly by for 100 yrs and thru countless liberal controlled sessions of congress doing nothing about it.

I think what one has to realize is that the media, in which we rely on, reports what they want us to know. Much of the media, at least the major players are currently pro-Bush. However, things are slowly changing. For example, many in the media and in government are wanting to know more about Bush’s claim that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and that is why we went to war in Iraq. It may not come out anytime soon, but I predict that history will show that 99% of what Bush is doing in office is to line the pockets of the oil industry.

I really like this one. The guy is now a prophet-a soothsayer. The President acted on available intel. The congressional comittees were privy to that intel, and voted overwhelmingly for the Iraqi war on that basis. Would you like me to post Kerry's and Clark's on record statements that they believed that intel and supported the President? Now, after the fact-they recant their support,, but want to hang the president for believing the same intel they did? More political rhetoric that won't stand up to public statement scrutiny. Election year BS!!!

In yesterday’s paper, on the third page in a very small article I read where the North Slope of Alaska will begin being prepared for drilling. So, Bush’s Congress pushed that through without the majority of the American public even knowing about it. One of the last places in our country that is pristine, and our fellow Americans who are more interested in the last episode of “Friends” airing on the television don’t spend enough time staying up on what is really going on in our country.

In this segment, the guy is just showing himself to be an idiot or an outright liar. Why do I say that? Drilling has been ongoing on Alaska's North Slope since the 60's. The North Slope is the reason the Alaskan Pipeline was built, to carry the oil from the north slope of Pruhdoe Bay to the ice free port of Valdez. The North Slope is being prepared? The North Slope has produced over 13 BILLION BARRELS of oil since the 1st well blew in back in 69. I'd say your writer has spent just a little too much time watching "Friends" himself. What utter crap.

I say, and will continue to say, that King George and his band of thieves are doing more damage to America, especially our freedoms with his Office of Homeland Security, than any leader in the history of our nation. John Ashcroft is flat-ass dangerous and will hopefully come down with some strange disease that will take his ass out quick (hopefully painfully). Think about it, George and his security plan is allowing our government to get into our lives like never before in the name of stopping terrorism, yet he opens up the borders to every spic who wants to come over and take whatever job they can get, including car theft and drug running.

I have yet to see one part of the patriot act that has gotten into my personal life, nor have I ever personally met anyone who it has affected adversely in the least. The rest of the article is racist, and I gave that part all the consideration it merits.

usmchauer
02-01-04, 12:45 AM
ivalis Big Eagle, you posted it three times .."It was not written by me"..........

how did i know this guy would have something to say on the subject?

namgrunt
02-01-04, 01:25 AM
Hi BigEagle6,

I did read your message. It states at the top "from one/ WHO MAKES A GOOD ARGUMENT/...etc, etc. etc." (my emphasis). To me, that denotes that you agree with your friend's analysis of the political situation. Disclaimers not withstanding, you did post the original message, did you not?

Since you are performing the role of intermediary, please be sure to pass on my responses to your friend. I'm sure he would like to hear them. If he doesn't, at least you will have fulfilled your task, and given him the opportunity to vent against me.

Semper Fi!
namgrunt

leroy8541
02-01-04, 06:35 AM
usmchauer, 2/5 is in San Mateo now? I have nothing to say on the post, don't get in to ****in contests on politics anymore. Just suprised to see the Fighting Fifth moved again, I try to Keep up with whats goin on with the Suck, I mean the Corps. Sempers

FREEBIRD
02-01-04, 09:07 AM
I THINK WE ALL NEED TO GO BACK TO THE POST I PUT ON SITE CALLED "THE THOUGHTS OF A VIETNAM POW"
I DID'T WRITE THIS EITHER, I COPIED AND PASTE IT FROM THE ROLLING THUNDER NEWS ARTICLE I RECEIVE MONTHLY.

AS FOR THE REST OF THE POST ON THIS SUBJECT THIS IS HOW I FEEL:

1ST I AGREE WITH BIG EAGLE SAYING HE HAS A RIGHT TO HIS OR HIS FRIENDS THOUGHTS, BUT I WOULDNT POST MY FRIENDS THOUGHT IF THEY WERE WHAT HE POSTED, I DON'T AGREE WITH ANYTHING HE SAID, AND I NOT POLITICAL AT ALL, I DONT CARE IF WE HAVE A DEMOCRAT OR A REPUBLICAN, ONLY THAT HE IS HONEST AND LEADS THE COUNTRY. kERRY IS A JANE FONDA LOVING BACK STABING ASS IF YOU ASK ME, HE THREW HIS MEDALS AWAY, THEN THEY WERE HIS FRIENDS MEDALS THAT ASKED HIM TO DO IT, THEN THEY WERE MEDALS HE BOUGHT AT A MIL SURPLUS STORE. HE WAS AWARDED A SILVER STAR, GUESS WHAT FOR???
STORY I GOT WAS HE WAS IN A BOAT AND WAS ATTACKED, WHEN GOING TO SHORE THE GUNNER ON THE BOAT SHOT A VC WITH A ROCKET LAUNCHER, WHEN THE VC TURNED TO RUN, KERRY JUMPED OFF THE BOAT AND RAN AFTER HIM, THEN SHOT HIM. SO MORAL OF THIS STORY IF IT IS TRUE, SHOOT A WOUNDED RUNNING AWAY VC IN THE BACK AFTER YOUR GUNNER DONE HIS JOB AND YOU GET A SILVER STAR!!! GREAT!!!
THEN COME HOME AND JOIN THE LIKES OF JANE FONDA AND PROTEST THE WAR TO MAKE MORE AMERICANS DIE AND MAKE THE WAR LONGER, THATS YOU FRIENDS MAN BIG EAGLE 6, LIKE THE OTHERS SAID, YOU JUST NEED TO READ SOME OF THE ARTICLES TO HIM ABOUT KERRY, MAYBE SINCE HE'S BLIND HE DOES'T KNOW ANY BETTER??? AS FOR ME AND THEN I'LL LET THIS REST,
"I WOULDN'T **** ON KERRY IF HIS GUTS WERE ON FIRE"
KERRY ALSO AS THE STORY GOES HAD ALL THE PAPER WORK ABOUT SITEINGS OF LIVE POWS SHREDDED, AND WAS TOLD THIS WAS AGAINST THE LAW, BUT DID IT ANYWAY.
HOW CAN ANYBODY WHO SERVED IN THE 60'S AND EARLY 70'S EVEN THINK ABOUT VOTING FOR THIS JERK??
GO TO THE WALL IN DC LOOK AT THE 58,000 + NAMES AND THEN ASK YOURSELF THAT QUESTION AGAIN.
GUESS I VENTED MY SHARE,

SEMPER FIE MARINES
FREEBIRD
SGT USMC 69-76

LONEEAGLE
02-01-04, 11:24 AM
Sorry to all my Bro's/Sis's that I didn't make it clear, it was from another person.....NO>>>>I disagree with his statement, in some ways, YES, I do agree with some parts...but it's not my total feeling of the current political situation, in our nation.
I want to thank all who've responded. And I have read your statetment's thoughts to my friend. He has really appreciated it. And says....."I will never allow myself to be so unreachable that I won't listen to other's thoughts, idea's, feeling's either."
Gunny? I'm goin' to send you a private message.....I need to clear some things with you. Keep the comments coming, and I have learned a great deal from ya'll. I thank you.

LONEEAGLE
02-01-04, 11:27 AM
One more quick thing. Go to Kerry's web site, and look and see if there's anything about Veterans issues.......

Sparrowhawk
02-01-04, 01:19 PM
To Harvey?

No ones heard from him, since he walked off the movie set hand in hand with that shrink.

http://www.tigersweat.com/images/harvey1.jpg

BigEagle6; Wish your friend would post for himself, can't tell which is you and which is he/she posting.

Tell them, I fought to give him/her the freedom, to have every right to be wrong. LOL

Cook

namgrunt
02-01-04, 02:16 PM
I've got your drift now, BigEagle6. No sweat, pard. It is just a bit confusing when you post for others without a real "byline" to show it is not yours. That doesn't mean I won't get it wrong again, it just makes it easier to catch my error before I go off half-cocked. If you feel I disrespected you, there was no intent on my part to do so.

If you were sitting across the table from me now, I'd buy you a cold one, and discuss the pros and cons of WD-40 as a lubricant for women's zippers. Take care.

Semper Fi!
namgrunt

LONEEAGLE
02-01-04, 02:43 PM
"Sparrowhawk?" He would if he wasn't blind. Doesn't have equipment yet, via VA help. where he can do his own......It's complicated...." "I appreciate your advise." "Just tryin' to help another Vet. I've read all reply's/querries/etc. to him." He thanks all....."A bit hardheaded." I will make it more clear next time. Live and learn...

Charles Neilson
02-01-04, 03:43 PM
Granted, BigEagle6 supplied a forum for the Democratic hopefuls to disseminate their emotional rantings and ravings. As for the pandering of the Mexican vote by President Bush, it really all started with Lionel Castillo, the Immigration Czar under Democratic President Carter, who opened up the borders to Mexicans. This sieve has yet to close up and certainly not if the Democrats have any say about it. I find it interesting that Bush headed them off at the pass with his new support for legalizing illegal workers. The politicians on BOTH sides cannot seem to disregard the potential votes from Mexicans. Unfortunately for Representative("B1Bob") Bob Dornan, a conservative from Orange County, California, he lost his longstanding incumbency to a Hispanic woman supported by illegal aliens who should have never been allowed to vote. Yet, the Republicans have alot to hope for when Hispanic voters are not as united as other minority voting blocks as we saw when Texas Governor candidate Sanchez was massacred at the polls by Rick Perry showing that the Hispanic vote could not be hoodwinked by both partyline AND surname! But how does the Democratic Party explain their sympathy for those disenfranchised former convicted felons and their desire to allow them to regain their right to vote. Since such a huge proportion of these felons are Blacks, it sort of makes you want to do the Democrat thing and pick up all downtrodden Blacks and fix their life for them ---- in return for their vote. Here is a potential new voting block that the Democrats might not lose to the Republicans....Black Convicted Felons. Man, what they will do to win an election! I don't care if it is Spiro Agnew, he has lost his right to vote. Period.! I could go on and on to answer the Democrat's penchant for mediocrity and failure to respect that all the taxpayers do not have to be robbed at gunpoint to fund myriads of harebrained programs as well as pork. Republicans have a much better temper for such control although they still need a choke chain. I suffered for 8 years under President Clinton and I am now in a most comfortable frame of mind with George W. at the helm. I can only hope the Democrats will feel as badly for EIGHT years under Bush as I personally had to endure under Clinton. My quest now is to engage both Democrats and Republicans to ask President Bush to reconsider the total amount of money to be invested into manning the Moon and Mars and rather direct it to American Health care. If the Democrats wanted a better America, they better stop their "Me, myself, and I" approach.

Charles Neilson
02-01-04, 03:51 PM
Granted, BigEagle6 supplied a forum for the Democratic hopefuls to disseminate their emotional rantings and ravings. As for the pandering of the Mexican vote by President Bush, it really all started with Lionel Castillo, the Immigration Czar under Democratic President Carter, who opened up the borders to Mexicans. This sieve has yet to close up and certainly not if the Democrats have any say about it. I find it interesting that Bush headed them off at the pass with his new support for legalizing illegal workers. The politicians on BOTH sides cannot seem to disregard the potential votes from Mexicans. Unfortunately for Representative("B1Bob") Bob Dornan, a conservative from Orange County, California, he lost his longstanding incumbency to a Hispanic woman supported by illegal aliens who should have never been allowed to vote. Yet, the Republicans have alot to hope for when Hispanic voters are not as united as other minority voting blocks as we saw when Texas Governor candidate Sanchez was massacred at the polls by Rick Perry showing that the Hispanic vote could not be hoodwinked by both partyline AND surname! But how does the Democratic Party explain their sympathy for those disenfranchised former convicted felons and their desire to allow them to regain their right to vote. Since such a huge proportion of these felons are Blacks, it sort of makes you want to do the Democrat thing and pick up all downtrodden Blacks and fix their life for them ---- in return for their vote. Here is a potential new voting block that the Democrats might not lose to the Republicans....Black Convicted Felons. Man, what they will do to win an election! I don't care if it is Spiro Agnew, he has lost his right to vote. Period.! I could go on and on to answer the Democrat's penchant for mediocrity and failure to respect that all the taxpayers do not have to be robbed at gunpoint to fund myriads of harebrained programs as well as pork. Republicans have a much better temper for such control although they still need a choke chain. I suffered for 8 years under President Clinton and I am now in a most comfortable frame of mind with George W. at the helm. I can only hope the Democrats will feel as badly for EIGHT years under Bush as I personally had to endure under Clinton. My quest now is to engage both Democrats and Republicans to ask President Bush to reconsider the total amount of money to be invested into manning the Moon and Mars and rather direct it to American Health care. If the Democrats wanted a better America, they better stop their "Me, myself, and I" approach.