PDA

View Full Version : "No More Black Targets".....

FoxtrotOscar
02-18-17, 05:41 PM
“No More Black Targets” Campaign Launched To Eliminate Black Silhouette Targets At Shooting Ranges

by staffwriter10 (http://americanmilitarynews.com/author/staffwriter10/)

31280·
<time datetime="February 17, 2017">February 17, 2017</time>

The No More Black Targets campaign is putting forth efforts to stop the targets that are used at shooting ranges from being black silhouettes, saying that it increases trigger bias.

They say that the all black targets are threatening are lobbying to end the practice.
“Young black men are 3X more likely to be shot by trained shooters than their white peers,” the group’s website (http://www.nomoreblacktargets.com/) says.

“A disturbing potential correlation: The most popular target for shooters to learn to use their firearm is a black silhouette. Unconscious bias can be deadly.”

The group has filed a petition to end the use of black silhouette targets and plans to call upon the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors.

They argue that a study by University of Illinois researchers that concluded shooters were more likely to fire at a black target and they have associated this to the use of black silhouette targets.

Yara Mekawi, a researcher in the study said, people were “quicker to shoot black targets with a gun relative to white targets with a gun.

And…people were more trigger-happy when shooting black targets compared to shooting white targets.”

Similar petitions have been brought forth. In 2015, a Pennsylvania lawmaker wanted to ban the use of human silhouette targets except for law enforcement use, claiming they propagate violence.

The No More Black Targets petition had 18 signatures as of Feb. 17.

No More Black Targets has designed alternative designs to be used as opposed to the traditional black silhouette targets.

Talk about ABSURD...!!!

Kegler300
02-18-17, 05:53 PM
What a bunch of f'ing idiots ...

troop901
02-18-17, 06:04 PM
Well, I have had several white and several black people pull a gun or knife on me, I have broke leather on them total shot is 0. And that target is based on a white guy, John Dillinger. The FBI came up with it.

advanced
02-18-17, 06:29 PM
6% of the population are black males committing over 50% of the crime. They should be glad that it's only 3X more likely that they'll be shot. Should be at least 10X.

Mongoose
02-19-17, 07:24 AM
Are ya'll trying to tell me, if a White man attacks you with a baseball bat, you won't be able to shoot him because he's not black, and because your mind doesn't associate White with violence, because you always used black targets for practice. Someone, somewhere.......is mentally challenged to the edge of insanity.

advanced
02-19-17, 08:11 AM
I guess using this logic on the range we should have used yellow targets back in the day. But, the yellow targets we used in the Nam really weren't yellow because they stood their ground and duked it out with us till we made all those bullseyes.

SGT7477
02-19-17, 09:23 AM
Oh well, I will have to buy more black spray paint, Semper Fidelis.

madsox
02-19-17, 10:58 AM
Smdh...

Tennessee Top
02-19-17, 12:37 PM
No More Black Targets is obviously a racist group with an agenda. They can only have a voice here in liberal America. No other sensible nation would give them the time of day.

Big Boz
02-19-17, 07:47 PM
Just use one of the tactics from the liberal playbook. When one phrase becomes controversial, change the phrase/name. Just call them high contrast targets.

troop901
02-19-17, 08:19 PM
The only time we ever used that black target, which is once again, based on John Dillinger, was on the OPOTA course, the rest of targets are plain white targets. The new targets are grey. Trying to figure out how a color of a target makes me shoot a black person more then a white person. In almost 24 yrs. I have never shot anyone, came close a few times and it was always a white guy. Never once thought about the target I fired on.

HST
02-21-17, 12:14 PM
None of my business maybe but I qualified my first time in 1966 at Edson and I went to the range dozens of times after i came back from Nam in late 67 and I'd swear that the silhouette in fact all the targets were white

03GyRene
02-21-17, 12:43 PM
I have to put a note on my calendar for today, because after reading this, I realize that as of today, I HAVE HEARD IT ALL. Wow...what a bunch of F'ing bull***t. What will they come up with next??

m14ed
02-21-17, 03:30 PM
No More BLACK TARGETS ?
is part of the
"EQUAL RIGHTS FOR INTEGRATED SNOW_FALL" ???

???why is it
the United States " Congressional Black Caucus "
only allows Black Democrats to
join ?

Hammer
02-21-17, 06:23 PM
If the targets had a picture of Obama on them; scores would go up.

oldtop
02-22-17, 09:47 AM
18 signatures, huh!!.. That means the guys in the white coats only need 18 butterfly nets... THIS is absolutely the MOST ABSURD thing I have EVER HEARD.... I do believe that I will strictly use BLACK SILHOUETTE TARGETS this weekend when I go to the range....

FoxtrotOscar
02-22-17, 10:09 AM
None of my business maybe but I qualified my first time in 1966 at Edson and I went to the range dozens of times after i came back from Nam in late 67 and I'd swear that the silhouette in fact all the targets were white

All of those targets, "Able", "Baker" & "Dog" targets were white with black bulls....

fl1946
02-23-17, 07:41 PM
Maybe we should stripe the targets. That would give us a 50/50 chance to shoot the right person.

m14ed
02-24-17, 06:16 AM
"For a WHILE "
can't remember which MCB i was on -
can't remember which range i was on-

BUT for a while (1965 - i think)
there was a study done by the Corps they called
X-COURSE .....

on it they used -
different back ground colors

and they used different center colors -

the effects you had on the SHOOTERS scores
by going out of your way

white on buff / buff on white /dark green on black/
black on dark green /

parts of X-Course may have been adopted ?

but it was fun playing targets and carriers.....

oldtop
02-24-17, 09:58 AM
I do believe that anyone that belongs to this group of idiots, or supports them, along with all of the fools protesting the T shirt from the Walking Dead tv series depicting a baseball bat with the words "Enie, Menie, Miney, Moe" as RACIST should be "involuntarily detained" and committed to a mental health facility for at least 72 hours to determine if they pose any threat to themselves or others.... THAT would rain on their parade for sure....

Hammer
02-24-17, 11:51 AM
Ed; I was on Lejeunes ranges from 66-67; I never saw or used anything except the standard targets; and the modified for competition/training targets that were mainly created in house.

m14ed
02-25-17, 03:58 AM
Mitch-
It must have been while i was posted
on MCAS ElToro-
between dec64&jun65 -

X-course ment
experimental (https://www.ixquick.com/do/search?cmd=process_search&cat=web&query=experimental&language=english&no_sugg=1&ff=&nj=0&hmb=1&abp=-1) course-we sure got a lot of giggles
setting that junk up -
and sure glad i didnt have to
shoot that course for RECORD

Mongoose
02-25-17, 07:29 AM
I really can't think of a more appropriate or deserving color to unload on!

Cpl Keller
02-25-17, 07:42 AM
The only thing wrong with those targets is that they don't have the head scarf that the taliban wear. In fact they should make two types of targets- one with the head scarf, and one with the covering on the face like the isis roaches wear.

FoxtrotOscar
02-25-17, 09:54 AM
The only thing wrong with those targets is that they don't have the head scarf that the taliban wear. In fact they should make two types of targets- one with the head scarf, and one with the covering on the face like the isis roaches wear.

HST
02-28-17, 05:51 PM
That's what I remember and they were labeled to the old Corps.

HST
02-28-17, 05:58 PM
Let's not ever suggest that anyone should ever kill an American President, hate him or not our duty is clear