PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the best PSR out there.

sbailor
02-13-17, 10:13 AM
I got out of the USMC in 2014, been regretting it ever since. My only issue with being able to re-enlist is my RE-Code. RE-3E. I did petition BCNR, and I got my result back and they refused to change it but they did say is was waiverable. However, no PSR is even willing to try to apply for a waiver. Is there any PSR who can help? I miss being in, and I am only looking to join back as a reservist. Thank you for your time!

devilbones2
02-13-17, 11:07 AM
Where are you located?

sbailor
02-13-17, 11:09 AM
Also, here is a question. Granted it maybe the stupidest thing you've ever heard....if the USMC will not grant a waiver, could I join the army/navy ( i have verified they said they could most likely get the waiver), serve 4 years or so, and then transfer back to the Marines?

sbailor
02-13-17, 11:10 AM
Washington State, but may relocate to San Diego once this hiring freeze is over. But for now, my forseeable future is here in Washington.

TolzerVman
02-13-17, 02:17 PM
1. You would have to get the waiver to join the Army.
2. The Army may take 2 pay grades from you so you enlist as an E-3.
3. If you don't get in before you are out of the Marine Corps for 3 years, you will go to basic combat training.
4. Then you must make it through the 4-years of active duty.
5. Finally, some time before you were to get out, you would probably come up on assignment. If you failed to re-enlist for said assignment, you
would sign a Declination Statement. That would ensure you would have a DD Form 214 with a re-enlistment code of RE-3O. You would need a waiver to join the Marine Corps.
6. Do you think the Marine Corps will take you after having two DD Form 214s that require a waiver to get in? I cannot predict the future, so who knows what the rules will be.
7. With all that college, especially in Cyber, try the officer route.

devilbones2
02-14-17, 08:42 AM
Washington State, but may relocate to San Diego once this hiring freeze is over. But for now, my forseeable future is here in Washington.
My PSR is in San Diego at Miramar. I can give you the number if you like.