PDA

View Full Version : Question about my Pmos/Bmos (open contract)

RahKiLL
01-28-17, 06:31 PM
I'm sorry if I posted this inthe wrong section but I didn't know where else to ask... anyway I went in open contract, on MoL it says my bmos and my pmos. My pmos is the field I am in and my bmos is the mos they assigned me in that field.... Does this mean that my mos could change in that field at anytime? Or will my billeted mos become my primary after I complete school?

Kegler300
01-28-17, 06:39 PM
Billet MOS has nothing to do with your primary MOS. Your primary MOS could be 0311, but if your billet is administration, your billet MOS would be 0111. Your primary MOS won't change.

RahKiLL
01-28-17, 06:42 PM
Billet MOS has nothing to do with your primary MOS. Your primary MOS could be 0311, but if your billet is administration, your billet MOS would be 0111. Your primary MOS won't change.

So my billet mos changes or it ends after a certain amount of time?

Kegler300
01-28-17, 06:50 PM
Yes, for instance, I was a recruiter for almost six years (two separate tours), and during that time my billet MOS was 8411. My primary MOS was 0193 which is what I returned to after recruiting duty.

Tennessee Top
01-29-17, 02:47 AM
BMOS = the job (billet) you're actually doing right now. Nothing to do with your PMOS (primary MOS). Your BMOS will change, as you change jobs. Your PMOS will not change.

RahKiLL
01-29-17, 11:51 AM
BMOS = the job (billet) you're actually doing right now. Nothing to do with your PMOS (primary MOS). Your BMOS will change, as you change jobs. Your PMOS will not change.

Thank you Msgt. Is there a certain amount of time I could find out how long I'll be in that bmos or will I have to put in a package to request a different one? My primary MOS is 13xx so I'm not sure if my bmos will become my main mos thru my 4year contract, if that makes sense. But thank you for your time sorry if I'm asking you a boot question.

Tennessee Top
01-29-17, 07:01 PM
No. There are no time limits on a BMOS. You'll stay in that position as long as you're needed there. If you're in MOS school, then your PMOS will change after you graduate. You need to be asking your chain of command these questions. Talk to your Chief Instructor.