PDA

View Full Version : Any old company clerks here? Re: Service Record Book Entries

BaseCommCLNCdaw
12-30-16, 04:17 PM
what does GMSP stand for?

I recently got a copy of my service record book and I'm stumped by an entry column titled: GMSP. This is alongside further columns headed "Conduct" & "Proficiency" with ratings below those entered by various commanding officers.

Headings for Proficiency and Conduct columns are part of the pre-printed "Record of Service" form. The GMSP column was added in by hand alongside those with a ruler and GMSP printed in by hand, not typed.

The column was added immediately after I arrived at my first permanent duty station - May 1961 and continued through out all my organizational assignments. It may be that as of May 1961 this column was added or it may be that this rating only applied after the member was assigned to the permanent duty station.

The question I have for anyone who may have a clue or knowledge is what does GMSP stand for?

FoxtrotOscar
12-30-16, 05:23 PM
Interesting question I can't remember exactly what it was per se, but I think it meant General Military Subjects Proficiency...

Just a thought, no 100% sure though...

Kegler300
12-30-16, 05:36 PM
General Military Skills Proficiency (GMSP).

BaseCommCLNCdaw
01-05-17, 03:26 PM
Thanks guys; about what I thought but not for certain.