PDA

View Full Version : 0321 Recon Re-Enlistment Package

Little
12-28-16, 02:43 AM
I'm going on to my second deployment as an 0311. Unlike others I love the job and would be looking to try and re-enlist. Instead of staying as an 11 I was looking to expand my career and look to go recon. I don't know too much about this but how would I go about going to be a 21 and makes my way over to BRC, and what are the chances of this actually happening?

FoxtrotOscar
12-28-16, 09:51 AM
The first question I have is, do you not have a Career Planner in your unit...???

Hammer
12-28-16, 12:42 PM
If I wanted to pursue a career in recon; then U would recon the situation and what I had to do to make it a career. The answer is not to go on a Marine forum, when you are at ground zero and all the answer's are waiting for you to recon them...duh! I'd tell you damn quick; you'd never make my team.

Tennessee Top
12-28-16, 02:55 PM
As far as I know. You have to try out for a school seat at BRC (not a reenlistment option).

But, like FoxtrotOscar said. Your first stop needs to be with your unit Career Planner.

Good luck Devil and let us know what you find out for future reference (somebody else may have the same question).

Hammer
12-28-16, 03:29 PM
Unless things have changed. There is an open invite once a year to any Marine/Any MOS to try out for a seat in Recon...Batallion-Not Force. That may not be the case now however.

Tennessee Top
12-28-16, 06:57 PM
Any MOS can try out for MARSOC. Only grunts can try out for BRC. Seems weird I know.

FoxtrotOscar
12-28-16, 07:58 PM
Any MOS can try out for MARSOC. Only grunts can try out for BRC. Seems weird I know.

Top, the reason they say "ANYONE" can try out for MARSOC is many additional MOS's are for the support elements, only a few may go out as 1st Tier Operators but most don't..