PDA

View Full Version : In Loving Memory

JAMarine
01-29-04, 06:23 PM
I'm not quite sure how to start this so please forgive me if I stumble here a bit. I am not a writer but want to make a few comments.

Some will remember Lisa Cobb. She was known as "CobbsBrat" here at Leatherneck and on the Chat.

I remember the day she first registered. She was a bit shy and didn't post much. But what I do remember is how her Father, Hobart Cobb "Came To Life" (if you will) when she logged on. How proud he was to have her here and share his daughter with our Family and how it didn't take very long to see and understand the pride she had in her Father as well.

Lisa had been sick for quite some time being in and out of remission. Her health started to get pretty bad towards the end of 2002.

God chose to bring his daughter Lisa Diane Cobb home with him January 28, 2003 after a long courageous fight with Cancer.

Some may not understand but I have chosen to celebrate Lisa's life with this post. I celebrate that I had an opportunity to meet her (via e-mails and phone calls) and I Thank God for the Friendship she shared with me. I remember conversations I had with her and how she used to laugh. That is what I want to celebrate. And by the way, Happy Birthday Lisa. Her birthday would have been Feb. 1st.

A note to Mr. Cobb and Faye - I wish for both of you comfort and peace at this 1 year mark of God's decision for Lisa and for Your Family. The only thing I could ever offer is the Love from me and my Family to you both. If I could take (even for a brief moment) the pain you both must feel I would take it in a heartbeat. Mr. Cobb you have made a significant impact on my life as well as the lifes of the rest of my Family. The love you two have shown to us will not be forgotten even after I pass. That Unconditional Love and Brotherhood will live in my Children as they pass it on to their Familys.
Thank you for your Friendship. Thank you for your Fellowship. And Thank You Faye for sharing him with us. And Thank You Both for Lisa. God Bless You.
In Memory:
Lisa Diane Cobb
2/1/59 - 1/28/03

prmama
01-29-04, 08:45 PM
Mr and Mrs Cobbs I pray that you find peace in the lost of your daughter Lisa. You are part of our family and I wanted to thank you for bringing your family here to us.

Mr Cobbs I remember when you was in here with Lisa that your face will light up. I can always tell cause of the way you would express yourself in here.

When I found out about Lisa, I felt like a part of our family was lost but always remember in our hearts. I'm sorry for your lost. Lisa was a great Lady and a great daughter to you.

I also wanted to let you know that you have adopt many other here. Like myself.

Mr and Mrs Cobbs my the Lord keep you safe and watch over you and your family. Remember all the happy times you share never the pain that Lisa was in. Lisa may you rest in peace. I know the good Lord has you there in his right hand. Lisa I also know that you are in a better place, watching over all of us.

May the Lord Bless you and your family.

JAMarine
01-30-04, 07:36 PM
ToTheTop