PDA

View Full Version : An Announcement

Echo_Four_Bravo
01-29-04, 05:26 PM
I have been trying to decide what the proper place for this announcement is. After thinking long and hard, I decided that this was news that should be shared with brother and sister Marines before anyone else. So, I decided this forum is the best place to make the announcement. Since leaving active duty I know I have not come across a larger group of Marines all in the same place.

I have decided to enter the race for the Oklahoma House of Representatives from district 35. This has not been an easy decision to make, but it appears that this is what would be best for me personally, and more importantly, for the voters of my district. To launch the campaign, an official announcement must be made, and I can think of no group of people I would rather announce my intentions to. Now that the announcement is done, it is time to start fund raising. Thanks for listening. I am sure there will be updates to follow.

namgrunt
01-31-04, 01:10 PM
Go for it, Echo_Four_Bravo.
Whichever side of the aisle you join, take the high ground!
My best wishes for a successful run for office.

namgrunt

usmc4669
01-31-04, 02:15 PM
You need to state your party, what your platform is, to raise money this information needs to be known, I would never donate to the party that I didn't believe in unless the platform was one that I could support.
Good luck to you.
Semper Fi
GySgt Marvin Bush USMC Retired
a former Democrat who saw the light.

tophor
01-31-04, 04:51 PM
Go for it ECHO_FOUR_BRAVO we need HONORABLE people in our government, and who more HONORABLE than a MARINE!! SEMPER FI!!!

CAS3
01-31-04, 07:44 PM
ECHO FOUR BRAVO...
Thank you for alerting the Marines...was there an alterior motive...someone to watch you back when the sh!t hits the fan...HEE HEE HEE
Best Wishes!
Semper Fi,
Colleen

GySgtRet
01-31-04, 08:23 PM
Echo_Four_Bravo

We need someone is congress that gives a$**t about all of us. Please just be honest and forthcoming with whatever you do and good luck brother.

Semper Fidelis

Echo_Four_Bravo
01-31-04, 09:49 PM
Thanks for your kind comments. Things have been just a little hectic here since the announcement was made locally. Clearly I made the right decision by telling you all first.

USMC4669, I didn't include all the information because I really didn't want anyone to think that I am trying to raise funds here. But, since I can make it clear that I AM NOT doing that, I suppose I can include some of it. I am a Republican, running for the Oklahoma House from a rural district. The main issues in my platform include eliminating the state income tax and forcing schools to better educate the children. There is too much waste in our budget, and our schools are not using the huge amount of money we give them properly. I could get into what I want to do to fix the situation, but this isn't really the proper place for a long boring political post. Hope that answered a few of your questions though.

greybeard
02-01-04, 12:46 AM
Echo_4_Bravo- Good luck to you & hope you win, so you can do somethin about all the dirt. It's messin up my fishing at Lake Texoma. It does keep all the really big fish over on the Texas side tho. ;)
The weather around Elk City could use a little tweaking too. Dam*, it gets cold out there. :D

yellowwing
02-01-04, 03:18 AM
That is great to hear! I know that Oklahoma has many of us Native American/Aboriginal/Indigenous People/WhatEverTheHellWeCallOurselvesThisYear. I do know that we have a outstanding volunteer service record. If you can get those votes, you'll have a calk walk Bro'!

Echo_Four_Bravo
02-01-04, 04:03 PM
Yellowring, it would help... especially since the Pawnee Nation is in my district!

tacoman
02-01-04, 10:30 PM
it would be nice to have one of our own in office go for it echo

usmc4669
02-02-04, 12:55 PM
Echo_Four_Bravo
As the old saying goes, you did good; Part of your platform "The main issues in my platform include eliminating the state income tax and forcing schools to better educate the children". Wish that I was in your district, you would have my vote. Best of luck, we need veterans in office that can relete to our needs. The Bill Clintons and John Edwards have no conception as to what is needed by the Military or the Veterans.
Former U.S. Rep. J.C. Watts Jr. was one hell of a good Congressmsn from your State. If you make it, think about running for Congress when you prove yourself to the citizens of Oklahoma.

SgtG27
02-04-04, 03:00 PM
Best of luck there Echo_Four_Bravo. Hope everything goes well.