PDA

View Full Version : Rocky C

SGT7477
10-24-16, 05:58 PM
Rocky is at the pearly gates of Heaven, I will surely miss you Brother, RIP Marine, Semper Fidelis Forever.

Kegler300
10-24-16, 06:13 PM
When did this happen? He pm'd me recently about his new website he was working on. This is sad news indeed ...

SGT7477
10-24-16, 06:51 PM
Keg I got that response from a family member last night, hope they get back to me, I haven't heard from Rocky in awhile so I couldn't tell you when it happened, I know it wasn't good, Semper Fidelis.

Kegler300
10-24-16, 06:58 PM
Please keep us posted.

SGT7477
10-24-16, 07:14 PM
Will do, Semper Fidelis Forever.

irpat54
10-26-16, 01:23 PM
wow,, this is sad news indeed,, prayers outbound to the family,,
Simper Fi. my Brother,

fl1946
10-26-16, 02:45 PM
I am literally stunned. Please keep all of us posted.

chulaivet1966
10-26-16, 03:32 PM
Ho_ly shvt....

I echo all of the above....especially the 'stunned' comment.
My last PM conversation with him was back in June so I can hardly believe the contents of this thread.

Ronnie....would be very interested for further info.
Thanks for letting us other Brothers know.

RIP....and SF Brother RC.

Lenny
10-26-16, 04:19 PM
wow...semper fi my brother

Mongoose
10-26-16, 04:22 PM
Funny that when I checked the papers in Lincoln and Providence, from 2 ago weeks until now.....no mention of his demise. Also checked his Daughters Facebook back several weeks.....no mention at all about her Dad. Just business as usual. What puzzles me is why a family member would announce his death, but not mention when or how. Especially since he hadn't communicated with any of his family in years. They did not get along. His Daughter was the only one he was around. I don't think Katie would know how to contact anyone. Just saying........Also, how would someone know it was bad, if they don't know how he died.

MunkyVsRobot
10-26-16, 04:24 PM
If this is true that is crazy. Didnt know him as well as some of you but it would still be a sad event.

Mongoose
10-26-16, 05:17 PM
If it is true, I will apologize for having my doubts. But, until something besides word of mouth evolves, I am skeptical.

SGT7477
10-26-16, 10:00 PM
Did anyone know Rocky's full name I didn't, this is what I got thru an email, Oct. 23rd. In response to your email, this is to notify you Rocky C (birth name Craig) has died of injuries suffered from a gunshot wound. No further information is available. Thank You. Spokesperson for the family. Otherwise I haven't a clue, I shot an email to him weeks ago and he would usually respond the next day but not this time, Semper Fidelis Forever.

Zulu 36
10-27-16, 12:18 AM
I knew his real first name was Craig, but I never knew his last name. He could be pretty secretive when he wanted to be.

m14ed
10-27-16, 03:21 AM
Didn't he leave a phone number with
Natilie ? ? Give her a ring

Hammer
10-27-16, 06:36 AM
IMO...This story about him being dead is as bogus as Natalie was! Just a figment of imagination.

Mongoose
10-27-16, 08:24 AM
Ronnie.....his real name is Craig C. R.I. His daughter is (Name Deleted), R.I. Rocky was a body piercing tech., but lost his license in 2004. He lived in a Condo next to the (Deleted) Country Club in R.I. If he passed....there is no obituary in any of the local papers as far back as 2 weeks. No mention of it on his Daughters face book. I called him, but he didn't answer, he wouldn't anyway, because he doesn't care for me anymore. Point is, his phone is still connected. Another thing....he hasn't talked to any of his family in years.....so how would they know how to contact you??

SGT7477
10-27-16, 08:29 AM
Billy they used Rocky's email address, like I said I haven't a clue whats going on, why would somone want to fake your death unless you are Elvis Presley, Semper Fidelis.

Mongoose
10-27-16, 09:06 AM
Ronnie....I just got off the phone with the R.I. State Police.......they checked their records and vital Statistics in R.I. as far as 6 months back. Rocky is not dead. At least he didn't die in R.I. I think the family member that contacted you is Rocky. You evidently don't know him as well as some of us do. Again.....he is not dead.

Old Marine
10-27-16, 09:33 AM
Ronnie....I just got off the phone with the R.I. State Police.......they checked their records and vital Statistics in R.I. as far as 6 months back. Rocky is not dead. At least he didn't die in R.I. I think the family member that contacted you is Rocky. You evidently don't know him as well as some of us do. Again.....he is not dead.

Pretty hard to believe anything that has the name Rocky attached to it.

FoxtrotOscar
10-27-16, 09:39 AM
There is nothing wrong with the discussing of this issue about the possibility of whether an individual has passed or not..

What is an ISSUE is personal information being placed on a forum without the individuals authorization...

Please refrain from publishing real names and address's of any kind...

If there are any questions and or concerns, feel free to PM myself at any time.

FO

SGT7477
10-27-16, 11:03 AM
I don't believe it either Billy until I see an obituary, Semper Fidelis.

SGT7477
10-27-16, 11:41 AM
Another thing Billy we don't know every Marine on here very well unless we served together, Semper Fidelis.

Phantom Blooper
10-27-16, 04:00 PM
Rocky was a body piercing tech

Is this how he met Natalie?

Was he a tattoo/scam artist also?

silveradomick
10-27-16, 05:03 PM
why would somone want to fake your death unless you are Elvis Presley, Semper Fidelis.

Plenty of reasons for someone who's self absorbed and dependent on sympathy to pull a stunt like that. I mean just look at the way he cried about injuries both real and imagined that occurred to his ego because of things that people online said. Obviously we aren't talking about the most stable individual in the first place.

HST
10-27-16, 05:12 PM
Hi I'm back again and shocked Too. We've got a lot of cops here and around the other sites. I'm out of the loop but someone who is still active should be able to find out if he's here or there.

SGT7477
10-27-16, 05:42 PM
Plenty of reasons for someone who's self absorbed and dependent on sympathy to pull a stunt like that. I mean just look at the way he cried about injuries both real and imagined that occurred to his ego because of things that people online said. Obviously we aren't talking about the most stable individual in the first place.

What was sent to me is a little fvckin overboard, Semper Fidelis.

Hammer
10-27-16, 05:46 PM
Tony; you haven't missed a thing on the Rocky deal. Billy talked to both the state and local police in Rhode Island, and they know nothing about it.

My thoughts about his death,is that it is as phoney as Natalie and he is.

FoxtrotOscar
10-27-16, 06:37 PM
This Evening about 1630 PST pretty much all avenues of verifiable information have been checked and re-checked.

This means several ACTUAL/ACTIVE LE Departments have been contacted, sites have been checked, and there is NO/ZERO information pertaining to anything mentioning or even reported pertaining to the demise of Rocky C.

There are several here that know the individual in question, and have found absolutely nothing to corroborate the original information about this person passing on.

Unfortunately, it sounds as though a foul hoax has been sent out, by whom, remains to be known...

That's it Marines, end of story.

If, anything is heard, then information will be forthcoming...

With that information, I consider this matter closed....

No one can identify the actual source.

FO

SGT7477
10-27-16, 06:57 PM
Maybe the police should confront him, Semper Fidelis.

silveradomick
10-27-16, 07:30 PM
I have. Here. It didn't go well for him.

Kegler300
10-27-16, 07:34 PM
Appears to be a hoax ...

Phantom Blooper
10-27-16, 08:50 PM
He is da' Godfuddah....Mafia boss....maybe there was a hit...and dey' put him in da' witness protection...

silverdollar
10-28-16, 06:29 AM
Poor Natile.

Hammer
10-28-16, 07:06 AM
Bloop; you're correct. He probably was the God Father. Um; let's see. He was:

-Recon
-Anglico
-Forward Observer
-Presidential Security Top Secret
-Awarded various medals he was not eligible for
-Natalies Lover and she didn't exist
-Looks like he's a dead man walking

advanced
10-28-16, 07:59 AM
I don't need an obituary;

rocky is DEAD to me.

chulaivet1966
10-28-16, 12:24 PM
Um; let's see. He was:
-Recon-Anglico-Forward Observer-Presidential Security Top Secret
-Awarded various medals he was not eligible for-Natalies Lover and she didn't exist-Looks like he's a dead man walking

Well...
Admittedly, I'm a bit embarrassed for believing so quickly now that it seems to be determined as a 'hoax'.

I don't post as much but do check in here every day just in case I can take up some bandwidth and join in.
I no nothing of any contentious drama re: RC and am truly aghast if the claims stated above were all were just embellished untruths.
(shaking head in disbelief)

Oh well....I've made worse mistakes in life.

Carry on....

HST
10-28-16, 12:41 PM
Maybe I shouldn't ask this question but as I wrote earlier, I've been out of the loop so I'm gonna ask it with the hope that I don't **** anyone off by asking. I understand that some folks were perma-banned by rocky and now that everyone seems to agree that he wasn't the most ethical person...are they all un-banned?

oldtop
10-28-16, 01:18 PM
yes...

Mongoose
10-28-16, 04:38 PM
Well....lets see.....during Rocky and I's many phone conversations.....as well as what he has told others. He was in fact a field radio instructor. That was his MOS. However, he stated, the Corps...

advanced
10-28-16, 09:24 PM
I'm one of the few, I'm 100% PTSD but I agree, no one would ever know.

Mongoose
10-29-16, 08:00 AM
I forgot to mention Rocky told us his Meritorious medals was awarded to him by Congress.

oldtop
10-31-16, 10:34 AM
There ARE a few veterans that have been awarded 100% for PTSD that is NOT combat related... usually it is awarded to females that have been sexually assaulted, but if a male gets it for a "personal assault" it could be anything from a sexual assault to getting a severe ass whipping by a group of gang bangers... it is NOT commonplace for this award to happen, I have seen less than 10 of these type awards in 20+ years as a veteran service officer..... one thing for sure, as soon as someone gives out this "my records are sealed for national security reasons" bull, it is for sure just that, BULL

advanced
10-31-16, 12:44 PM
Tony; you haven't missed a thing on the Rocky deal. Billy talked to both the state and local police in Rhode Island, and they know nothing about it.

My thoughts about his death,is that it is as phoney as Natalie and he is.

Could be they just haven't found the body yet. You know his records of his death may be sealed to protect the innocent.

silveradomick
10-31-16, 01:17 PM
Ha! He's so special even his obituary is classified. Guess that makes SGT7477 some kind of super secret spy or sumpthin, since he reported it first? :nerd:

SGT7477
10-31-16, 07:47 PM
Ha! He's so special even his obituary is classified. Guess that makes SGT7477 some kind of super secret spy or sumpthin, since he reported it first? :nerd:

Nice try Boot,Lmfao, Semper Fidelis.

silveradomick
10-31-16, 11:34 PM
Nah I'm not even trying yet there killer. You'll know when I start to. Yut!

SGT7477
11-01-16, 05:20 AM
Well boot don't get your panties in a group, it's OOHRAH, Semper Fidelis.

silveradomick
11-01-16, 07:53 AM
We're all boot to somebody, since I don't think Samuel Nichols is on LN.com.

Got any big plans for the birthday? You're welcome to join us in Pittsburgh. Maybe you'll get to be the oldest Marine at the cake cutting. You know what that means of course, right?

Errrrr...kill. Eat babies.

advanced
11-01-16, 12:19 PM
Hell, even Mongoose is boot to me. Billy is boot in life, boot in the Corps, and boot in the Nam. Who cares.

Mongoose
11-01-16, 04:27 PM
You know that old saying, Russ....it ain't how old you are....it's how many miles you stack up.

SGT7477
11-01-16, 07:11 PM
We're all boot to somebody, since I don't think Samuel Nichols is on LN.com.

Got any big plans for the birthday? You're welcome to join us in Pittsburgh. Maybe you'll get to be the oldest Marine at the cake cutting. You know what that means of course, right?

Errrrr...kill. Eat babies.

Well Marine at our birthday here we treat the oldest Marine with the utmost respect, Semper Fidelis.

silveradomick
11-01-16, 07:35 PM
That's why tradition says the oldest gets to eat the first piece of cake, right brother?

Kegler300
11-01-16, 07:48 PM
I have the utmost respect for our elder Marines here, and you know who you are. You won't find another Marine website with the wisdom provided here for our young Marines.

silveradomick
11-01-16, 08:01 PM
Respect of rank is afforded by order. Respect of the individual person must be earned. Otherwise, anyone over a certain age would be considered "respectable". I respect ability. I respect know how. Wisdom. Perseverance. Courage. And countless other qualities exhibited by Marines both young and old. What I won't do is **** on the graves of dead friends of mine by blindly affording "respect" (which by some people's definition means: "deference") to anyone who demands it.

Oddly enough, most of those who deserve the highest levels of respect and even deference, never need to demand a damn thing. That's kind of the funny thing about respect, you've got to give it away to receive it. Demanding it only makes it more elusive.

I too have the utmost respect for some of our membership here. I'm sure by now they know who they are as well Keg. The rest of you merry miscreants? Well at least I hate all of you equally 😉

silveradomick
11-01-16, 08:10 PM
Oh and hey by the way, Sgt7477 where'd you get the tattoos of the chevrons and the M16A2 done? They look great man. Really dig the detail on the rifle. What's on the other side of it in blue? Can't really make it out in the avatar pic.

SGT7477
11-01-16, 08:21 PM
That's why tradition says the oldest gets to eat the first piece of cake, right brother?

At our great birthday the oldest and the youngest Marine share the first piece of cake which is cut by the highest ranking Marine,Semper Fidelis.

SGT7477
11-01-16, 08:32 PM
Oh and hey by the way, Sgt7477 where'd you get the tattoos of the chevrons and the M16A2 done? They look great man. Really dig the detail on the rifle. What's on the other side of it in blue? Can't really make it out in the avatar pic.

Thanks, all tats done by a local artist who worked for many years outside of Fort Hood in Texas, the blue and many colors is a grenade, look at my profile page walking billboard for our beloved Marine Corps with more to come, Semper Fidelis.

silveradomick
11-01-16, 08:42 PM
Yeah I checked it out man good stuff. Just wondered why you chose the A2 service rifleor did the artist pick that, or am I seeing things wrong?

silveradomick
11-01-16, 08:45 PM
At our great birthday the oldest and the youngest Marine share the first piece of cake which is cut by the highest ranking Marine,Semper Fidelis.

The point I was trying to make is the symbolism behind that tradition. The passing of knowledge from the previous generations of Marines on to younger generations, and that we must preserve both the past, present, and future of our Corps.

In other words, it's a two way street, that respect thing you were talking about.

FoxtrotOscar
11-02-16, 12:39 AM
Yep...

The Marine Corps Birthday is just around the corner....

If that is to be the topic of discussion, then by all means create a thread and continue the convo...

Until then....

Nuff said...

FO

Mongoose
11-02-16, 08:05 AM
Respect in the Corps is earned, not God given. I don't care is you are an E-3 or E-9. You have to earn it. In Nam I saw more than a few Marines that was as useless as titties on a foot-locker. It's all about who you can count on when it's needed. I have the greatest respect for most of the Marines I served with in Nam. Here on LN, there are some very Honorable Marines, who have great character and great stories. There are a few that have been decorated for Valor, but choose not speak of it. Their silence is their show of respect for those Marines that went way above expectations in combat and was never recognized. So, to me it matters not who cuts the cake as long as they are Honorable.

madinfidel
11-02-16, 09:15 AM
Marine I've never heard it said better. Semper Fi Mac

SGT7477
11-02-16, 07:10 PM
Yeah I checked it out man good stuff. Just wondered why you chose the A2 service rifleor did the artist pick that, or am I seeing things wrong?

The artist pick, Semper Fidelis.

silveradomick
11-02-16, 09:42 PM
So the artist picked a rifle you never used in the service, and you went ahead and had it tattooed on yourself? You must really like that artist! Is she hot? Lol.

silverdollar
11-03-16, 06:50 AM
Damn, What a great idea. titties on a footlocker.

FoxtrotOscar
11-03-16, 10:33 AM
I believe that this thread has run it's course...

It's now closed.