PDA

View Full Version : Body Bearer

Warzik
09-20-16, 09:41 AM
I have been in the Marines for a little over 1 year, currently on my first deployment as an 0352. I found out about the body bearers awhile back, and it seems like something that I would like to do, especially since I have become a gym-atic the last couple months. I have been working hard on reaching their physical fitness requirements. I meet the high and weight standard also, no problem. I was wondering if anyone out there has any knowledge on the difficulty for entry, and getting a position to try out. Also, I am guessing I would talk to a career planner about this? I heard stories of some people being volun-told for this duty.

Thank you
~ Semper Fi
:iwo:

Tennessee Top
09-20-16, 02:14 PM
Yes. Go talk to your Career Planner. I was a Battalion Career Planner for a couple years. Don't remember this one ever coming up. But, they should at least get you going in the right direction. There are only a handful of official body bearers so don't see a need to volun-tell anybody but who knows. Also, try a GOOGLE search "USMC Body Bearers".

Good luck.

MunkyVsRobot
09-20-16, 06:13 PM
minimums first off they have opened it up to non infantry not an issue for you as you are infantry. They have been on a road show for a while on of my Marines buddies is a body bearer, from what ive seen there test is as follows.

Bench 225 for 10 reps
Squat 315 for 10 reps
curl 110 for 10 reps
and I think Overhead press 135 for 10 reps

there is also a height requirement of like 6 feet

Tennessee Top
09-20-16, 09:12 PM
Matter of time till we see our first female body bearer. Nothing will make the SECDEF and SECNAV happier.