PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Infantry Course?

Eric Hood
09-10-16, 08:40 AM
Marines!
Can some one tell me about the "Advanced Infantry Course"? We didn't have this in my day and am curious. Any info would be appreciated.
Semper Fi,
Eric:usmc:

Kphans
09-11-16, 05:37 PM
AIC is specifically for 0311s. 0352 would be Advance Assaultman Course. 0331 would be Advance MachineGuners Course and so on. Each course train differently but integrate together for events.

In AIC, you will learn Land Nav, Writing Orders, Advanced tactics, Close air support, Call for fire, and Weapon Systems. There will be A LOT of "hiking" more like running with 100lbs packs. You will get absolutely no sleep. And it is a haze feast. AIC is probably the only course in the Marine Corps today where they are allowed to break you physically.

It is not SOI where they teach the basic. You go into the course already mastering the basic and already having some knowledge about more advance tactics like Call for Fire or Air support that your seniors should already taught you. They will teach and refine your skill as an Infantryman. It is not a fun course but to advance in the 03 field you must pass.

Eric Hood
09-12-16, 08:37 AM
Hi Kphans!
Thanks for the quick and moreover honest reply. So, they really try to break you down? Sounds like a plan. Is this more for career Marines? Did you go through it? Do you know any links that I could read about it?
Semper Fi,
Eric

USMC 2571
09-12-16, 08:54 AM
Eric, your message box is full. Tried to PM you.

USMC 2571
09-12-16, 08:55 AM
Excellent post by kphans, I never knew about that course either. Thanks for posting that.

Kphans
09-12-16, 05:18 PM
I went through AIC on the East coast. Our class was around 90 students. Only 36 passed. Land Nav got the best of them. The instructors there were the most physically fit Marines I've ever seen. They ran the whole class to the ground with ruck runs and squad PTs. They threw CS class at our PB at least 3 times. To counter that we moved locations and made false PB and put up 3 LPOP. We had 3 Lance Corporals and the rest were Corporals and Sergeants. AIC is not a requirement but it does look good for career Marines down the road. It also open up the opportunity to get into ISULC (Infantry Small Unit Leaders Course).

Eric Hood
09-13-16, 04:54 PM
Thanks. I just cleared it. Can you try again?

Eric Hood
09-13-16, 04:55 PM
I'm impressed. I did squad leaders course on Oki in '79. What billet did you have after the school?

Gunslinger03
09-27-16, 03:07 PM
AIC is specifically for 0311s. 0352 would be Advance Assaultman Course. 0331 would be Advance MachineGuners Course and so on. Each course train differently but integrate together for events.

In AIC, you will learn Land Nav, Writing Orders, Advanced tactics, Close air support, Call for fire, and Weapon Systems. There will be A LOT of "hiking" more like running with 100lbs packs. You will get absolutely no sleep. And it is a haze feast. AIC is probably the only course in the Marine Corps today where they are allowed to break you physically.

It is not SOI where they teach the basic. You go into the course already mastering the basic and already having some knowledge about more advance tactics like Call for Fire or Air support that your seniors should already taught you. They will teach and refine your skill as an Infantryman. It is not a fun course but to advance in the 03 field you must pass.

0352 is not advance assaultmans course...

0352 goes to Advance Anti-tank gunners course, two completely different courses.

0351 goes to advance assault marine course

anyone 03 can go to AIC (Advance Infantrymans Course)