PDA

View Full Version : Marine Raider Support Group Structure

MSOC
08-15-16, 09:43 AM
Hi,

The structure of MARSOC and the subordinate units are generally well documented. For example, the MRR contains 3 MRBs, the MRBs contain multiple MSOCs, and the MSOCs contain multiple MSOTs. An MSOT contain 12 CSOs and 2 SARCs in 2 Tactical Elements and 1 HQ Element. The ranks for each billet are well documented and defined on several official websites, including MARSOC's own.

What is less clear is the structure of the MRSG. My research has shown the larger structures, but I am unable to find any real detail on how the Company and Team levels are structured. I'm assuming they have different teams for different support types, for example: Fires, MPC, etc.

My question is this, does anybody here have any knowledge about the structure of the MRSB/C? I'm specifically looking at a team level.

Thanks in advance,

James

Tennessee Top
08-15-16, 10:40 AM
It's less clear for a reason. Nobody here will provide this info to you.

MSOC
08-15-16, 01:09 PM
It's less clear for a reason. Nobody here will provide this info to you.

I initially had thought that was the reason, but it isn't. I contacted them directly via the number on the website. They pointed me towards some very helpful docuentation, which helped me very much. It turns out from your response that here most certainly isn't the place to ask for help. I won't make the mistake twice.

USMC 2571
08-15-16, 04:44 PM
Can't blame folks here for being security conscious, especially when we're not supposed to just give out information.

Consider the following:

1. Your profile says Alex James, Male. Period. That's it. And even if it was properly filled out, anyone could put any name, and any other info they chose.
2. People wonder why you want this information.
3. The people you contacted, if they gave you the info, why do you need it from this site? Could it be that they themselves don't care who has what info?
4. Tennessee Top is a senior NCO and has been around a long time. He is concerned with OPSEC like everyone else.

Those four points should be enough for now, to show that coming on a website like this one, where we don't have the knowledge you want ANYWAY, is a dicey proposition at best, as far as anyone here knowing the details of what you are asking. And why you need or want those details is a mystery in itself. You can understand, hopefully, why no one is chomping at the bit to get in here and give you every single detail you asked.

Tennessee Top
08-15-16, 05:17 PM
Could be a Russian spy for all we know. Nice try, but no cigar. Go snoop around somewhere else.

If MARSOC wants to give out info to perfect strangers, that's on them. Doesn't mean anybody else has to.