PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where to post this...

RackyNH
08-13-16, 03:44 AM
Hello Friends,

I would like to surprise my Brother for his 72nd Birthday and get copies of his Medals and Ribbons he received as a Corpsman during Vietnam. He wont talk about it and I understand why. I am proud of my big brother and all other Vets who have/are serving. Thank You all for your Service. I myself am a Disabled Vet-I served in the late 70's early 80's. in the USCG---LOL I know Shallow Water Sailor:).

Who would I contact in regards to this matter, My memory is failing me due to my health, so I cant remember things as well as I used too. Thank You all for your help and God Bless Our Vets...Simper Fi.

Big Boz
08-13-16, 08:21 AM
Is he married? If so, have his wife either get you his copy of his DD214 or submit for a copy of it. Everything is on there. Or just ask him for it.

Tennessee Top
08-13-16, 11:25 AM
Is he married? If so, have his wife either get you his copy of his DD214 or submit for a copy of it. Everything is on there. Or just ask him for it.

If they ask him for it - it won't be a surprise any longer.

Tennessee Top
08-13-16, 11:29 AM
If you go to the homepage of this site. There is a link to get a free copy of the DD-214. Can't say if brothers can request one. Pretty sure the spouse can.

Good luck

Big Boz
08-16-16, 07:26 PM
If they ask him for it - it won't be a surprise any longer.

Some people have no creativity. If the Marine Corps taught me one thing it was how to BS my way into and more importantly out of things. I think they called it tact.