PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Talk

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

madsox
08-04-16, 04:53 PM
It's been a tradition around here to have one general-purpose, open to everybody, nothing too serious place for folks (Marines, friends, family, and all) to check in and just share whatever comes to mind.

So, to not re-use any of the old titles (fresh start and all that), I'm opening a coffee shop here where you can come in and grab a cup, have a seat and shoot the breeze for a while, and just check in to see who's up to what.

Like always, this is in Open Squad Bay, so the whole world can see what you do here - keep it (reasonably) polite and not too salty, and we should be able to keep the shop open.

This is a 24x7x365 operation, and the drinks are always free as long as you're decent company. Jerks have to pay a dollar a cup, so don't be a jerk!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30743&stc=1

USMC 2571
08-04-16, 05:20 PM
Good idea, Andy

Mongoose
08-04-16, 07:27 PM
I want to start off with.....it's 102* here. To hot for coffee, but will wait until November when it gets back into the 80's.

FoxtrotOscar
08-04-16, 08:22 PM
I want to start off with.....it's 102* here. To hot for coffee, but will wait until November when it gets back into the 80's.

102 - Living in the Desert does that I hear....

:p

troop901
08-04-16, 08:59 PM
I remember the similar threads and brings it all back, but as I stated before, I dont drink coffee, are Mt. Dew drinkers welcome? And it was only 90 here today but humid as well, you know lol.

Tennessee Top
08-04-16, 10:50 PM
Jerks? On a USMC forum? Surely you jest. We are all refined gentlemen/ladies, upstanding citizens, and pillars in our communities:p

mexbearlll
08-05-16, 12:12 AM
I' ve missed a lot of formations cuz of the Grandkids, so I didn't get the WORD. But I'm back now since School starts on Monday , thank goodness . Hope everyone is doing good. S/F

troop901
08-05-16, 12:17 AM
The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 5 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sendmessage.php) to make alterations on your message.

Lovely. I attempted to "clean up" the rather innocuous euphemism for urinating, and got the above error in the process. Rather than bother an admin with a penny-ante edit, I decided to post a medically acceptable term for the act described above.

I don't suppose there is a list of what is politically-correct words -- or an even longer list of what is politically-incorrect words anywhere handy? Or do I use George Carlin's guide to the Seven Words You Can Not Say on TV?
This is a open forum, not a Marine forum, you have a gripe, take it to Marines only or the war room, see above, it will not be heard here.
And Mex, have I got some new vids for you, not to be seen on here lmao.

troop901
08-05-16, 12:27 AM
And Mex, I missed alot of dem formations also, someday this site will get cleaned up and it looks like they are trying.

m14ed
08-05-16, 05:02 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/leatherneck/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by mexbearlll http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/leatherneck/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1013961#post1013961)

Is it true the Marines will accept You
if You don't have a Tattoo

before boot camp?
Or can You get a wavier for that.

LOL
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::

mexbearlll

would you like me to google that for you ?

Why is it everytime I see a "POOLEE" posting
EVERYBODY tell me EVERYTHING thread-

I SEE the term/word TROLL
and a BULLS-EYE on our backs......

Mongoose
08-05-16, 07:02 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30744&stc=1Mike, here is the desert you were referring to. At least I don't have to scrape ice off my windshield in September.

Mistybluelady
08-05-16, 07:36 AM
friggin hot here in cottage country.... but would trade it for Billys desrt right now... we have had no rain in weeks everything is dried up and cracked as my brain....
cheers gents enjoy your day.....be safe and watch your six if your out and about in harms way

FoxtrotOscar
08-05-16, 08:52 AM
friggin hot here in cottage country.... but would trade it for Billys desrt right now... we have had no rain in weeks everything is dried up and cracked as my brain....
cheers gents enjoy your day.....be safe and watch your six if your out and about in harms way

I'm so glad Misty said BRAIN....!!!!

Don't let this get taken out of context... If some are easily offended, turn the channel, or simply do not read...!!!
;)

Mistybluelady
08-05-16, 09:16 AM
well snap.... thanks Mike for opening that can of worms

FoxtrotOscar
08-05-16, 09:22 AM
well snap.... thanks Mike for opening that can of worms

"SNAP"...???

Hmm, technical assistance required with these high speed acronyms...

Perhaps a communicator that knows encryption...

"S"pecial "N"eeds "A"dult "P"erson...

"S N A P "... yeah, that fits just like a crossword puzzle...!!!

j/k Misty....

troop901
08-05-16, 04:09 PM
Sure, answer the young lady, I hate coffee but love the Dew, is that accepted in here? But it was only 88 degrees here today but humid.

Mongoose
08-05-16, 04:09 PM
When someone says SNAP.....either I or Bloop will show up asp.

Mistybluelady
08-05-16, 05:07 PM
Haha Mike , it's all good, some days are special needs and others are just padded room and special white coats

Mistybluelady
08-05-16, 05:09 PM
Sure, answer the young lady, I hate coffee but love the Dew, is that accepted in here? But it was only 88 degrees here today but humid.
I'm far from young troop, my profile pic is from 1989, my picture now would scare y'all.

madsox
08-05-16, 05:17 PM
BREAKING NEWS ALERT!!!

Marcia Brady (Maureen McCormick) turned 60 years old today. When your teenage crushes turn 60, you know you're old. Marcia was about the youngest of my TV dream girls (well, until Baywatch came along!), so I'm officially old now.

Crud.

Somebody hand me the Metamucil...

Mistybluelady
08-05-16, 05:28 PM
Omg lol, it's in the mail sweetie

SGT7477
08-05-16, 06:36 PM
Good Evening Marines and Sunshine, hey troop diet coke will be fine with your stash of donuts, Semper Fidelis.

Kegler300
08-05-16, 06:46 PM
BREAKING NEWS ALERT!!!

Marcia Brady (Maureen McCormick) turned 60 years old today. When your teenage crushes turn 60, you know you're old. Marcia was about the youngest of my TV dream girls (well, until Baywatch came along!), so I'm officially old now.

Crud.

Somebody hand me the Metamucil...

Dayem! She's a year older than me!!

troop901
08-05-16, 07:00 PM
Good Evening Marines and Sunshine, hey troop diet coke will be fine with your stash of donuts, Semper Fidelis.
Hey Ronnie, ya do know that she did ask you not to call her sunshine, as I stated, you never even realized, what you talked me through brother. I dont have a problem with sunshine, but she does. She asked you not to call her that. And I dont drink diet coke, I drink the Dew. Accuse me of whatever, I went thru this before and yes I got banned. I am tired of this. Anyday you want to sit down and have a beer or doughnut then just tell me, I aint hard to find.

Mistybluelady
08-05-16, 07:01 PM
Andy I would have pegged you as a Farah Fawcett type....

Kegler300
08-05-16, 07:04 PM
Me too!

Mongoose
08-05-16, 07:13 PM
Linda Carter.....bring on Linda Carter.

Mistybluelady
08-05-16, 07:14 PM
It's OK troop, clearly he wants to continue to poke the bear, don't burn your bridges standing up for me honey, I appreciate it though . .....he helped you out and I'm glad you had someone to talk to.

Kegler300
08-05-16, 07:18 PM

Otay ...

Mistybluelady
08-05-16, 07:19 PM
Now I liked Clint Eastwood and Sam elliot, rugged handsome

Mistybluelady
08-05-16, 07:21 PM
I thinks it's the wonder woman outfit he likes , thigh boots and that special rope

FoxtrotOscar
08-05-16, 07:23 PM

Holy Crap Mongoose.... As tall as Linda is, she could rest her....

Okay, now I see why you like 'em tall...!!! Never mind...:sick:

FoxtrotOscar
08-05-16, 07:25 PM

Okay, now were talking, me and Sam Elliot are the same age and height.. not only that we grew up about 100 miles apart...

Of course he has more money than I...

:cool:

Mistybluelady
08-05-16, 07:26 PM
See now I thought he like her because of her really big.........boots

FoxtrotOscar
08-05-16, 07:28 PM
See now I thought he like her because of her really big.........boots

I said "BOOTS" didn't I..??? I'm sure I mentioned the big Boots..!!

Mistybluelady
08-05-16, 07:30 PM
Well that's good Intel Mike to know.......;)

Kegler300
08-05-16, 07:31 PM

Um, you need to post your own pics for this sister. 30753

Mistybluelady
08-05-16, 07:36 PM
Come on keg, help a cute Canadian out xo

troop901
08-05-16, 07:37 PM
Are you freaking kidding me, I starrted that thread and you mention Lynda Carter on here, I loved them blue eyes, not them hooters, ok, I luved dem also, but that is besided the poiint, wait, what was the point, oh, Lynda Carters hoo hoo's. Andy, you are sick, sick I say LMAO

Mistybluelady
08-05-16, 07:39 PM
Gee troop I have big blue eyes.......

troop901
08-05-16, 07:48 PM
Gee troop I have big blue eyes.......
And so does da warden, I melt when I look into her blue eyes, dont tell her that though, it will cost me more then you would ever know lol.

troop901
08-05-16, 08:48 PM
By the way, back in 02 we had a LN reunion of sorts, and yes Misty, I took da warden with me. But it was fun there in DC. Are then any plans for a new LN get together in DC? Its good to meet the people I talk to on here and to let her know that they are people also who I can talk about things that I can not talk about with her. I mea
n, since I came back, thanks to Rocky, take that as you want, it hasnt seemed the same as it was back then. Ed is still just as confusing as ever, and he didnt go. I dont even know if he was a member then.
I still have and wear that shirt Ed, The Drifters and Freebirds reunion. I wore that shirt one day and my mom said, why you wearing that, I said, you just will never understand,
So if we have a Canadien who lives in Tenneesee, or some guy who lives in the heat of Texas or just some dickweed who patrols the highways of the great state of Ohiya and roots for the Buckeyes to no end so be it.
In other words, I am just tired of the wars as I stated in other posts, just tired of it. I go thru this crap each and everyday, dont need it here.
Most know Andy, I dont really know foxtrotoscar, but he seems good to go and give him a chance, if not, then atleast give Andy one. And as I have stated before, the last Admin gave me a second chance and I hope he knows how much I appreciatied that. I could really care less about most things, but this site, I do. I joined in 2002, when this site started, so yes, I care about it. I like to say I dont, but I do.
Now, if anyone wants to know, I was here with Miller, Moore and Jerry. I think that only Ed knows the name of Miller and Moore.

Mistybluelady
08-05-16, 09:10 PM
You best tell the warden everyday that she still makes you melt......

mexbearlll
08-05-16, 09:21 PM
I really hope Mistybluelady ,does not post any photos of Clint or Sam, in Wonder Woman's outfits! ! !

troop901
08-05-16, 09:33 PM
You best tell the warden everyday that she still makes you melt......
No, I cant do that, and she knows I cant do that, I am not that touchy feelly guy, I am that SOB that shows up at the fatal crrash and spits out baccer juice. She actually called me the ironman, not because of um, sex, but because I show up for work each and everyday no matter what. There is only two times I used sick leave,the last time was for oral surgery in 2008, the time before that, well, my kids dont even know about that and no, it wasnt VD. It was a clear night, but thats another story. On Oct. 8th I will let you and the rest Know. Oct. 8th has certain meaning for me.

madsox
08-05-16, 09:56 PM
Dayum! Ya go away for, what a couple hours, and everybody goes crazy!

Far as Lynda Carter and Farrah Fawcett and all the rest, I have to just say "no comment", as I am married to the most beautiful and perfect woman the good Lord has ever put on this Earth, and that's the end of that story.

Now Ima go see what else has been going on around this place.

madsox
08-05-16, 10:00 PM
One more thing though, to quote Columbo; FO basically ran this whole place for a good three years when there was just NOBODY actively in charge. Fair and smart and savvy the whole time. You can trust...

Phantom Blooper
08-06-16, 06:31 AM
continue to poke the bear

If I poked a bear I hope that I had enough sense to tape it's mouth shut and it's paws was behind it's back...otherwise it could get weird.... kinky..... and maybe violent.........

USMC 2571
08-06-16, 06:35 AM
Yes, Andy, Foxtrot had not ONE complaint all that time, from anyone, at any time.

Chuck---I would hope you would capture that on video for us.

m14ed
08-06-16, 09:27 AM
I'm sittin' here in the corner-
with my mouth shut.......
i know where the triggers are
for the detonators.

you may hear me belly-ach
but you'll never hear me complain.

Kegler300
08-06-16, 02:27 PM
It's another hot and humid day here on the Crystal Coast ... a perfect Coors Light day!

SGT7477
08-06-16, 03:19 PM
Hey Ronnie, ya do know that she did ask you not to call her sunshine, as I stated, you never even realized, what you talked me through brother. I dont have a problem with sunshine, but she does. She asked you not to call her that. And I dont drink diet coke, I drink the Dew. Accuse me of whatever, I went thru this before and yes I got banned. I am tired of this. Anyday you want to sit down and have a beer or doughnut then just tell me, I aint hard to find.

Hey Brad, don't you remember the words sunshine in boot camp, she hasn't a clue she was never a Marine, she will never understand,lmfao, oh well off to a better note, might look you up next year when I retire, I know we will have a good laugh about sunshine, Carry On, Semper Fidelis Brother.

Mongoose
08-06-16, 04:21 PM
Ronnie.....that's kinda like me saying....in Nam we were often times called Snuffies, but I know you don't understand....you was never a Grunt, ( lmfao ). When I see Russ next time, we will have a good laugh about Snuffies.

troop901
08-06-16, 04:26 PM
Hey Brad, don't you remember the words sunshine in boot camp, she hasn't a clue she was never a Marine, she will never understand,lmfao, oh well off to a better note, might look you up next year when I retire, I know we will have a good laugh about sunshine, Carry On, Semper Fidelis Brother.

Ronnie, I do know what she had put up with over the years, the same thing da warden has. I am not going to go thru another war on here. You or anyone else can make fun of me and what I do, it dont matter, As I Stated, you will never know what you talked me thru. I thank you for that and you never even realized what you were doing. I hope Rocky works out his problems, but dont blame me or the rest on here. This site was dying, Ed has stayed thru and blue, and Andy, well, he has put me in my place a time or two but that was because I was a idiot. So in other words, thank you and SF

SGT7477
08-06-16, 06:03 PM
Ronnie.....that's kinda like me saying....in Nam we were often times called Snuffies, but I know you don't understand....you was never a Grunt, ( lmfao ). When I see Russ next time, we will have a good laugh about Snuffies.
Well Billy I was an 0811 and there are things you would never understand,lmfao, but we still both bleed Marine green that some would never understand, Semper Fidelis.

SGT7477
08-06-16, 06:10 PM
Ronnie, I do know what she had put up with over the years, the same thing da warden has. I am not going to go thru another war on here. You or anyone else can make fun of me and what I do, it dont matter, As I Stated, you will never know what you talked me thru. I thank you for that and you never even realized what you were doing. I hope Rocky works out his problems, but dont blame me or the rest on here. This site was dying, Ed has stayed thru and blue, and Andy, well, he has put me in my place a time or two but that was because I was a idiot. So in other words, thank you and SF

Brad that is what Marines do we help each other, I will stand by any Marine on this site, I am not here for a war like you say, I bring my war to a boxing ring at times I feel for my opponent, I didn't know our Brother Rocky had a problem I see that he is a guest, how can a Marine be a guest when he has earned our Beloved Title, we as Marines stick together if we can't do that we have failed as Brothers, Carry On, Semper Fidelis Forever.

Mistybluelady
08-06-16, 07:10 PM
Bloop, your the best, you always make me laugh

FoxtrotOscar
08-07-16, 02:13 AM
Yes, as warm as it is......

Always coffee time:
TEMPERATURE SUMMARY <time>12:10 AM</time>
<thead>

Temp (°F)

</thead> <tbody>
Now
58°

Yesterday
54°

RealFeel®
56°

RealFeel® Shade
56°

Wind Chill
58°

Dew Point
52°

</tbody>

Mistybluelady
08-07-16, 06:03 AM
Morning gentlemen, outstanding day here in cottage country, blue skies and sunshine, so off to try to catch some walleye and enjoy my little patch of heaven. Hope you all have a great day! Im pretty sure devilhund up in heaven is with me in spirit as he loved it here and fished when he could get here.

Phantom Blooper
08-07-16, 06:06 AM
At least their is sunshine............

hahahahahahahahahahhahhahahaha!

Mongoose
08-07-16, 08:49 AM
In August.....in Texas.......http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30756&stc=1

FoxtrotOscar
08-07-16, 09:47 AM
Im pretty sure devilhund up in heaven is with me in spirit as he loved it here and fished when he could get here.

Wonderful thought for Devilund (Bill) Lisa... I'm sure he's with you on that one...

Good luck fishing....

Been raining all morning here...

Kegler300
08-07-16, 04:47 PM
Well, the weekend's coming to an end and it's back to the grind ...

madsox
08-07-16, 09:53 PM
Not excited about the Olympics this year, the IOC corruption has just gotten so bad it's turned me off (I mean, RIO? Sure, it's a great town for parties, but you want to bring the best athletes in the world, tens of millions of dollars of spending on everything BUT the sports and the host country, and throw a Roman Circus in the middle of crushing poverty and raw sewage, and some of the worst violent crime anywhere?

That's worse than I can remember. It's not about the sports, it's not national pride (except for the small countries who only have this), it's just international corporate-scale corruption. Look at FIFA for another prime example.

Wow. Sorry, didn't mean to vent like that.

I was just gonna say "I'm not much into the olympics, but I saw some of the women's rugby - Fiji and Colombia. THAT'S a real sport! Looks like the ladies play through tomorrow, then the men start. I hope they get these games on TV!

So weather report: there was weather everywhere, meds and coffee report: no, I'm not going to, and I'll give hugs to anyone whokeeps their wallet in that back pocket.

We gotta help Gary pay the bills around here somehow!

8-)

s/f and cheers, all!

Mongoose
08-08-16, 04:27 PM
Andy, the LN chapter of PSA would like to have an auction, to help with those bills.

Mongoose
08-09-16, 07:59 AM
Another wonderful day here in Paradise. Cooler today....high 99, almost sweat shirt weather here.

Mistybluelady
08-09-16, 08:20 AM
nice here today , only 86.. nice breeze... suppose to be scorching hot tomorrow and Im off! I have a date with tan lotion and my pool.... and probably a cooler or two......

madsox
08-09-16, 10:02 AM
Billy, we should definitely see about setting up that auction. Maybe get some corporate sponsorship for it too.

And Lisa, don't forget to tip the pool boy tomorrow!

Us, we have triple-H weather coming back tomorrow: hazy, hot, and humid. Meanwhile I'm typing away to make it look like I'm working. Then off on the road some more, been doing a lot of driving around with the job these past few weeks, going to have to get tires and brake work soon!

So yeah, I'm having an exciting summer. Oh, well, could be worse.

8-)

FoxtrotOscar
08-09-16, 12:12 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30770&stc=1

Mongoose
08-09-16, 04:04 PM
Your right Mike, If my memory serves me right, winter falls on Tuesday this year.

Kegler300
08-09-16, 04:23 PM
Can't wait till October when the highs are only in the 70's ...

FoxtrotOscar
08-09-16, 07:02 PM
Can't wait till October when the highs are only in the 70's ...

Yep, sweating is just terrible....
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30772&stc=1

Kegler300
08-09-16, 07:17 PM
You don't want me to post a pic of me sweating ... 30773

Kegler300
08-09-16, 07:46 PM
Just noticed this is my 14th anniversary here ...

FoxtrotOscar
08-09-16, 08:11 PM
Just noticed this is my 14th anniversary here ...
Awesome Keg - 14 years... Congratulations...

Your not getting a hug... !!!

Don't even think about it.... :cool:

Kegler300
08-09-16, 08:16 PM
I'm feeling the love ...

Haddock
08-09-16, 10:21 PM
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

LitLover84
08-10-16, 09:33 AM

Too hot for coffee? Sacrilege! We're supposed to get a cool front coming through this weekend. Highs in the low 80s for a few days. I'll take it!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30777&stc=1

madsox
08-10-16, 09:54 AM
Kegs, we missed your anniversary? Damn, I'm sorry!

Happy late one anyway, hope you keep causing trouble around this place for many more...

:beer:

And "hey" to everybody else, I'm hoping Doc Wilder and some of the other old-timers will find their way in here too.

But now the real question, Olympics or US election coverage? Which to watch... They're both full of crazy shet this year, it's a hard call.

Both!

:marine:

Mistybluelady
08-11-16, 05:59 AM
Mandi!!!!!! Where have you been? happy be-lated anniversary Keg...Sittin at work having tea thought Id check in on you fine Gentlemen ...another hot day, crazy unusual weather for us.... we need rain so bad, 2 of our local pick your own farms have had to close up.. without rain they no longer have anyway to keep crops growing. Fire bans are everywhere here, one little cast off match would set my little community up in smoke... so anyone who can do a rain dance please get your butt up here and start dancing.....

FoxtrotOscar
08-11-16, 08:32 AM
... so anyone who can do a rain dance please get your butt up here and start dancing.....

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30782&stc=1

troop901
08-11-16, 10:32 PM
Sorry I missed your anniversary keg, mine was in June but I had a few years in hiatus lol. But I do have to ask, did you have a Keg?, since I was not invited. But 14 yrs since this site got started because we got ****ed off and then got kicked off of The Few. And I am sure that there are only a Few on here who remember The Few.
But SF my bro. And just for you I have a special doughnut, wait, I just ate it, so for you I have a get out of anything card but its only good in Scioto County Ohiya.
But, SF Brother

LitLover84
08-12-16, 09:05 AM
Mandi!!!!!! Where have you been?

Haha. Hey, Lisa! I've been in the land called BUSY. Traveling to do some research, going to required instructor workshops, prepping for the coming semester (teaching and my own work), and the list goes on. But, I'm back. . .as are several other people, it seems! Good to see. :)

Currently checking and replying to email, drinking my coffee, and waiting for cinnamon rolls to come out of the oven. The Pillsbury kind, not from scratch. Though my from scratch recipe is lots better, I went with the quick kind since scratch cinnamon rolls take a long time. No time for the better stuff. Things to do, laundry to wash/dry, school stuff to read, and a syllabus to finish up.

Hope you're all having a good day thus far. It's Friday!

USMC 2571
08-12-16, 10:03 AM
You have indeed been busy!---here, in the Boston area, it is up in the mid 80s, which doesn't sound too bad, but the humidity level is about 90%, which makes it bad overall. People here are looking forward to the cooler months of Sept and Oct.

03GyRene
08-12-16, 10:38 AM
Send some of that rain to Idaho ASAP...we have a hundred plus square mile forest fire going just up the road! Looking forward to a cool, wet autumn.
Happy Friday!

Semper Fi

Phantom Blooper
08-12-16, 03:37 PM
I went with the quick kind since scratch cinnamon rolls take a long time. No time for the better stuff.

Please don't get me started on those "Sticky Buns"....but I sure am in to those poppin' fresh ones.......from scratch.....

Tee hee...tee hee...tee hee...........

Mongoose
08-12-16, 06:15 PM
Speaking of buns.......http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30787&stc=1

Kegler300
08-12-16, 06:38 PM
Talk about buns!

madsox
08-13-16, 08:46 AM
Why did we go from hazy, hot and humid to hazy, hot and humid for a vacation? Because our other daughter is here, so we can crash at her apartment - it's a good time despite the heat.

I'll be back on post after the weekend. Good luck with the water, Lisa, I know you're getting pretty scorched up North there!

Semper Fi all my Jarheads, the rest of you stay as cool as you can...

LitLover84
08-14-16, 09:58 AM
Please don't get me started on those "Sticky Buns"....but I sure am in to those poppin' fresh ones.......from scratch.....

Tee hee...tee hee...tee hee...........

Haha. Oh, lord. I'd forgotten all about that. Note to self: take care in discussing certain baked goods on LN.com as members of the BS/Tom-Foolery Unit will take it in an entirely different direction.

Kegler300
08-14-16, 05:15 PM

Kegler300
08-15-16, 07:18 PM
Having a job is like being on a work release program ...

FoxtrotOscar
08-16-16, 12:28 PM
Having a job is like being on a work release program ...

Which end of the program...???

madsox
08-16-16, 03:58 PM
Haha. Oh, lord. I'd forgotten all about that. Note to self: take care in discussing certain baked goods on LN.com as members of the BS/Tom-Foolery Unit will take it in an entirely different direction.

Uhm, Mandi? You just described all the "regulars" on LN. Actually you described most Marines ever, now that I think about it 8-)

Stay cool, everybody...

2 Marine Mom
08-17-16, 12:55 PM
BS/Tom foolery unit, thats a good one, 84. and thing like the, explosion, and joke patrol??look out hanging with them, they were always a blast.. Hav been real busy fighting with my lawn tractor. finallly gave up and sent it to sick bay.. 186.00 bucks later, ill be getting it back, sat. Been canning, and weeding, and dodging storms, and going to civil war reenactments. learning, lots there. even ran into our /dear president, Mr. Lincoln, at last weekends, activities, in Pipestone, Min. Well you all be good.. Deb

Kegler300
08-17-16, 06:49 PM
Looks like we're finally going to break the 90 degree streak we've been on ... only going to be 89 tomorrow.

LitLover84
08-20-16, 09:19 AM
Uhm, Mandi? You just described all the "regulars" on LN. Actually you described most Marines ever, now that I think about it 8-)

Stay cool, everybody...

Hmmmm. ALL the regulars? You don't say. Well, if the shoe fits. . . ;)

I'll have to keep in mind that the rule tends to apply across the Corps should I run into other Marines in person.

Had a cool front along with storms come through last night. It's a lovely 70 degrees right now with a southern breeze. No complaints here.

A purging and slight reorganizing of my bookcases is in progress. Getting rid of books falling in the "don't need/want/have time to read in the next 5 years" variety.

Hope you all are well and have an enjoyable weekend!

madsox
08-23-16, 07:53 AM
I have to actually go out and do work today. Like, meeting with customers and stuff. Driving around. I'm still tired from our family mini-vacation the weekend before last, and I want to get back in the rack.

That's all, just complaining. Now I'll shuddup, get another cup of coffee, and get back to work. At least the heat wave finally broke, for us anyway.

Dreaming of retirement some day...

advanced
08-23-16, 08:15 AM
Well, we're enjoying a cold front down here in SW Florida as it's only going up to 92 today. I just love these winter days.

madsox
08-23-16, 12:56 PM
Only 92? You'd better get out the wooly-pully, Russ, you'll catch a cold in that kind of weather!

Mongoose
08-23-16, 06:21 PM
92 is our low at night, here in Texas.

m14ed
08-25-16, 02:43 AM
God BLESS TEXAS !!!

or you could be floatin'
somewhere around
Louisiana PI$$in' & moanin'
that after all the water waz gone-
you'd need to mow the lawn.............

Kegler300
08-26-16, 05:19 PM
Cut the grass this afternoon ... 30824

madsox
08-27-16, 02:35 PM
I need to get the grass cut. Just aerated this morning - a friend and I split a half-day rental on a commercial plug aerator, since each yard only takes about an hour.

That sucker is heavy. The machine, not my friend. Wrestle that around for an hour and you will work up a sweat!

Next I have to mow, get the right grass seed and spread that, water for a week or two straight... This "house with a yard" deal is a lotta work.

Gotta get things squared away for company coming over next weekend, though. Anybody have any interesting Labor Day plans? We're just burning some food on the grill.

Kegler300
08-29-16, 08:45 AM
Sure is quiet around these parts ...

Kegler300
08-31-16, 07:50 PM
Waiting for TS Hermine ... got a lot of rain from TD 8 already.

FoxtrotOscar
09-01-16, 08:34 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30837&stc=1

Fall is here & it came early.....

FoxtrotOscar
09-01-16, 08:45 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30838&stc=1

m14ed
09-01-16, 11:23 AM
good news with all the dry weather - didn't have much
to mow during this past summer-

BUT - gwanna make sure the snow-shovels are
all shined up- & and a "THIN COAT OF OIL"

Kegler300
09-01-16, 04:54 PM
Hurricane Hermine will weaken to a TS by the time it gets here early Saturday morning ...

LitLover84
09-01-16, 08:33 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30837&stc=1

Fall is here & it came early.....

Evening, all! Mike, I'm so stinkin' jealous I'm turning green. We had a series of storms and rain come through with some moderately cooler weather. It was breezy today, so I took advantage of it and wore a hoodie for a bit. So worth it.

Coming up for a breath now that's it's nearly the end of the week. Things have been crazy busy . . .still. I'm enjoying my students and the course I'm taking. Lots of reading for my grad course (more so than other courses), but it's good stuff.

Hope you're all doing well. Farewell to August, and may September usher in an early arrival of fall type weather. Also, college football starts this weekend! Have a good Labor Day Weekend, all!

madsox
09-02-16, 10:38 AM
Okay, time for the weekend safety brief!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30843&stc=1

You've all got a 72, so get out there and enjoy yourselves!

Except for youse Canadians, y'all have duty this weekend. Hey, somebody has to keep the logbook filled out!

:marine:

Kegler300
09-02-16, 04:27 PM
Raining like a mother-hubbard ...

Grouchygrunt
09-02-16, 06:16 PM
So I just recieved the greatest gift I could imagine. My 18 year old son is taking in the beautiful scenery and tropical warmth of MCRD San Diego (Lol)
Im sure hes having a blast right now.
Seriously though, I couldnt be more proud of this young recruit. Prayers up.
Semper Fi

Kegler300
09-02-16, 06:26 PM
Congrats to you and your son. MCRDSD is a great vacation spot during the summer, with easy access from the airport, and the free accommodations and food can't be beat! 30844

mexbearlll
09-02-16, 09:23 PM
Tell Your Son to enjoy His summer vacation at MCRD, mean while in 29 palms I'm waiting to see if My Son gets Sgt . Wow how time fly's . S/F

Mongoose
09-03-16, 09:05 AM
Congrats to you and your son. MCRDSD is a great vacation spot during the summer, with easy access from the airport, and the free accommodations and food can't be beat! http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30844&stc=1Keg, don't forget the beautiful beaches nearby.

doc h fmf
09-03-16, 05:40 PM
How is your area Advanced much flooding hope not,we are okay in FT myers just some rain. Well my thoughts and prayers goes out to everyone on the east coast from the Carolinas to NY,godbless you all.
Semper Fi
Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Kegler300
09-03-16, 05:55 PM
We got six inches of rain, and a lot of wind, but no damage here in Jacksonville, NC. Very mild compared to what I've seen in the past.

advanced
09-04-16, 08:32 AM
How is your area Advanced much flooding hope not,we are okay in FT myers just some rain. Well my thoughts and prayers goes out to everyone on the east coast from the Carolinas to NY,godbless you all.
Semper Fi
Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

We came through real well, only 5-6 inches of rain, winds weren't bad either this time. Most of the bad stuff was up in St. Pete and north of there. I'm glad you came through as well brother.

Kegler300
09-05-16, 04:35 PM
Today was a 5-star day weatherwise ... 81 and sunny, low humidity ...

Tennessee Top
09-05-16, 05:58 PM
^^^was in Jacksonville couple years ago to visit my LCpl Niece at CLNC (my very first duty station in 72). Most of it looked the same specially around Bldg 1 where I worked as an admin clerk for the AC/Staff Utilities. Town had changed a lot but was surprised to see Saigon Sams still going strong after all these years. Was neat seeing the old stomping grounds.

No chance of getting back to OKI. But, would like to see CAMPEN and Quantico again some day.

Kegler300
09-05-16, 06:15 PM
When did you work in Bldg 1? I've been working there for the past 20 years.

Kegler300
09-05-16, 06:17 PM
I've been working in Bldg 1 for the past 20 years ...

HM3 Doc Wilder
09-10-16, 01:36 AM
Hello Marines-Good Morning-Been a while.Hope Everyone is well.Me,I'm fine and dandy.Don't know where to post anymore,so I came here.Years ago I had plenty to say-now I vent on facebook.My brother,he is fine also.Never found out what caused his internal bleed.I'll tell you one thing-if ever you have a choice,in case you cant see a real Physician,of getting a PA or a Nurse Practitioner.Take the Nurse Practitioner for God's sake.Iv'e run into some bad PA's lately.I know the ones that work with Cardiologists are very good.Anyway No-Fan of Hilary or her husband-not really up on Politics lately.I would not want Trump to Nuke anything.We are being Bombarded by Radioactive water from Fuc-ed-Up Shema,which may be a World Destroying Event.Everyday it gets Worse and Worse.Not Being Contained at All.There is a News Blackout from there.Nothing can be Done.They don't have the Science to deal with it.That's the way it is.It's like the Strain on FX-the show sucks-but I keep watching it;hoping it might get better.Still working at the DAV-doing my best to Help Vets.It's not all Roses but I really try.Now,I hear the DI's in Boot Camp,are going to lower their Magget Torture of Marines.Iv'e heard stories of Marine Boot Camp-where DI's would strike you at full force with their fists and anything they could find to hurt you.Marines want it the way it was,not PUSS*** Down.I don't know I had a hard time getting out of Navy Boot Camp.Hated the Navy ever Since.So call me a Marine Corps Lover and that's whom I'm Loyal to.WOOF WOOF.If you all get a chance listen to Infowars.com. Yeah their Nutrients are Expensive.I have my own Vitamin mix.Never the less-looks like what he says is All True.We are living in a Country that has been taken over internally without a shot being fired.Mike Savage's words not mine.November is coming.I hope to be back on Leatherneck before then-yuk,yuk.Be Safe YA-OL-We have a Beautiful Flag-Freedom is Everything! Semper Fi Forever and God Bless.

Tennessee Top
09-10-16, 07:27 AM
When did you work in Bldg 1? I've been working there for the past 20 years.

1972-1973. Was on the color detail and also played on the HqBn softball team (we won the Base Championship in 1973). Enjoyed my time there as a lowly PFC and LCpl. Made some great friends. Left for MSG school shortly after picking up meritorious LCpl.

Kegler300
09-13-16, 05:11 PM
1972-1973. Was on the color detail and also played on the HqBn softball team (we won the Base Championship in 1973). Enjoyed my time there as a lowly PFC and LCpl. Made some great friends. Left for MSG school shortly after picking up meritorious LCpl.

That was before my time, but it has undergone many renovations on the inside over the past 10 years. The current occupants besides the general and his staff are the G-1, G-3, G-4, SJA, and MCCS headquarters staff.

madsox
09-14-16, 03:37 PM
Doc, you still kicking around? Come on back, we're getting things back in shape here (or trying to). Your presence is definitely missed!

Anyway, my weather report would be the same griping I've done for the last couple months, so I won't. I did have a boot camp flashback the other day though, I was in the shower (downstairs - an interior room, no windows, etc.) when the power went off and on a couple times. So of course the lights went out, I had this memory of one zero-dark-thirty "sheet/shower/shave/getthehellonline" morning when our duty DI for the day decided to kill the lights in the rain room and start counting down "10! 9! 7! ..."

That was just A's and E's everywhere, a shower full of wet recruits panicking to get done, get out, and get online before the count hit zero, which, of course, we didn't.

To the pit we went, wet and half of us in our skivvies. Ah, the fun!

Not sure why I remember that one...

Kegler300
09-16-16, 06:45 PM
Cut the grass today ...

thegimprider
09-17-16, 01:57 PM
I'm stranded in San Diego as my contact fell through. Still in my wheelchair I came via Amtrak for a Conference that starts Monday. Meanwhile I sleep in park bench outside train station. Maybe if I head over to MCRD and stand on myf&$yellowfootprintsforhalfaheartbeat I'll have pleasant memories. Looking for a good place to eat near downtown

Kegler300
09-17-16, 02:02 PM
Cooking a beer can chicken this afternoon ...

Mongoose
09-17-16, 06:18 PM
That's a good way to get even heat for that bird.

madsox
09-18-16, 11:41 AM
Cooking a beer can chicken this afternoon ...
I keep hearing about that, it actually makes sense with the picture. But it's hard to do with a non-meat diet, so I usually just drink the beer while I grill some veggies and fish and such.

Get a big enough bass or something, though, it might work with fish. Mostly I'll stick with drinking the beer!

:beer:

madsox
09-18-16, 11:42 AM
I'm stranded in San Diego as my contact fell through. Still in my wheelchair I came via Amtrak for a Conference that starts Monday. Meanwhile I sleep in park bench outside train station. Maybe if I head over to MCRD and stand on myf&$yellowfootprintsforhalfaheartbeat I'll have pleasant memories. Looking for a good place to eat near downtown

Hey, you doing alright out there, brother? Reach out and give a yell if we can hook ya up, there's enough of us out here...

thegimprider
09-18-16, 05:22 PM
Went by VA hospital and they were worthless. Slept in a cactus garden in old town on the dirt. Weather ain't to bad but I'm downloading some geezer pain.

madsox
09-27-16, 10:33 PM
So here I am in Vegas all week (most of it, anyway) and what am I doing? Studying. Prep for certification at the work conference I'm at, listening to some old guy cough up a lung in the room next to mine - yeah, this is the wild life.

When did I get old and serious? Dammit.

Kegler300
09-29-16, 07:38 PM
It's about time ...

thegimprider
09-29-16, 07:51 PM
I'm back from San Diego and a stop at SF VA where I lost my luggage at Hoptel. Went back today on shuttle to find it at Lost and Found only missing pain pills. Codeine tax must be enforced I guess. Tired and hitting the bottle as I've still got a few weeks before refill of controlled med. It seems I hurt more when I don't have any back up. Just for the record I do not recommend homelessness for anyone in a wheelchair. It does not faze me when I can walk as I've lived for years that way.

Kegler300
09-30-16, 07:01 PM
The Annual Seafood Festival in Morehead City, NC is this weekend ...

FoxtrotOscar
09-30-16, 10:16 PM
3 Days ago had some time and took a look at the Battlefield of Custer... Little Bighorn.. Quite interesting, nothing like what has been portrayed on the tube..

3090930910 30911

Mongoose
10-01-16, 07:38 AM
One thing that is true.....he separated his unit, and then didn't wait until they were in position before he attacked. Also, he didn't anticipate the Indians having so many rifles.

FoxtrotOscar
10-01-16, 09:54 AM
One thing that is true.....he separated his unit, and then didn't wait until they were in position before he attacked. Also, he didn't anticipate the Indians having so many rifles.

That's absolutely correct Mongoose.. The site shows that all to well by the grave markers, no hiding that fact..

thegimprider
10-01-16, 10:17 AM
He also came in firing, his first targets were women on a riverside. They intended to massacre so massacred is what they got. The Sioux wrote a very clear history that white men did not like in their schools so we grow up with a fairy tale

Kegler300
10-07-16, 08:09 PM
A three-day weekend and a hurricane has to come along and ruin it. :devious:

HM3 Doc Wilder
10-13-16, 09:09 PM
Hello Marines-Hope your all Kicking and Well.I have been very busy.This DAV-job I volunteered for is more like a job.Two days is turning into three days with committees to negotiate.Tons of stuff to...

advanced
10-14-16, 07:33 AM

There were times when I was surprised that the Indians had so many rifles as well.

jerryd6818
10-14-16, 04:39 PM
Okay, now were talking, me and Sam Elliot are the same age and height.. not only that we grew up about 100 miles apart...

Of course he has more money than I...

:cool:

Sam Elliot is three days older than me and we're the same height. His mustache is better than mine and I wear glasses but other than that we're twins. :D

FoxtrotOscar
10-14-16, 04:58 PM
Sam Elliot is three days older than me and we're the same height. His mustache is better than mine and I wear glasses but other than that we're twins. :D

Awesome...!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

FistFu68
10-16-16, 12:47 PM
Just for the Record on this HoMo thingy I've never seen any straight Marine bully a Homo or F**K w/them in any way had a Queer E6 across the pond didn't really give a F**k as long as he stayed away from me with the Flith and did his Job,just keep it too yourself I've got a Bi Daughter disappointed yes I am but I'll always Love her unconditionally just as I do the USMC have a great Sunday and too All You Marines across the Pond GodBless You and come home soon Go Easy Adios S/F

madsox
10-16-16, 09:28 PM
Doc, I was up in your town this weekend - my daughter and her new husband had a little soiree in Manhattan, turns out he's from the Old Money crowd so us rednecks got to come in and say "YEPPERS, THAT THERE's MAH LITTLE GIRL!" 8-)

So a full Hunter's Moon coming up over the Empire State? With what turned out to be pretty nice people, mostly (a few snobby b4stards, but mostly good) on a rooftop bar down in Chelsea, well. Yeah, I like this new one a LOT more than husband #1 who she's much better off without.

Wore a little US/USMC flag pin and got lots of chances to tell them about it. Next time I have a chance to get up there I'll warn Doc and anybody else, and take an extra day to meet and share sea stories.

So that's why i've been kinda UA for a few days here. I'm back on deck now though.

s/f!

m14ed
10-17-16, 04:59 AM

There were times when I was surprised that the Indians had so many rifles as well.

Thats where the phrase

"Wonder where all the indians came from" ??

isn't it ?

FistFu68
10-17-16, 10:17 AM
Never underestimate who your going uP against !

FistFu68
10-17-16, 10:57 AM
Boss Mare sees me pi$$ing on my hand this morning outside after tearing most of my nail off looks at me kinda difff than usual she was still shaking her head 1/2 hr later, had too sit her down and share something with Her I don't talk about the War ever with Pattie, during my convalescent leave from Bethesda after numerous skin grafts that wouldn't take couple of my buddies and their gals had a little get together at their place for me I had a biG slurppee cup that I had just chugged full of Suds I pi$$ in the cup tear my bandages off and had my buddy's gal pass it around and collect pi$$ I put my leg on the sink and have her pour it all over my wounds something I read about moby dick back in the whaling days well low and behold about week later the doctors look at the grafts and said Jackie our amazing work finally took lol Pattie just gave me a big hug said I love You oh the reason I tore my nail was I was picking uP dog chit with out gloves and didn't want it infecting my hand gotta roll Boss Mare beckons thee

advanced
10-17-16, 12:32 PM
Jack, that's why I don't pick up dog ****. The only little animals I have around today are grandchildren, where did they all come from?

FistFu68
10-17-16, 12:34 PM
LOL Amen brother Go Easy My friend

m14ed
10-18-16, 03:36 AM
https://static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/9U482_AW01?$lgthumb$

m14ed
10-18-16, 05:22 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/cb092216dAPC20160921084508.jpg

m14ed
10-18-16, 05:28 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/gmc14489620160921080400.jpg

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/bg092116dAPC20160920024513.jpg

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/cb092116dAPC20160921124509.jpg

m14ed
10-18-16, 05:30 AM
http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/cb092016dAPR20160921124504.jpg

FistFu68
10-18-16, 04:08 PM
LOL Ed no thanX big guy that's something that REMFER Army gal Col would be using not wanting too get into the Chit like this ole Grunt ! S/F

Mongoose
10-18-16, 04:42 PM
Jack, that's why I don't pick up dog ****. The only little animals I have around today are grandchildren, where did they all come from?
Russ, the DHS has labeled all my grandkids Domestic Terrorist.

FistFu68
10-20-16, 07:56 AM
Yessir JaVa Black & Strong and I ain't talking my Women either lol time to get Er did Adios

FistFu68
10-21-16, 04:34 AM
2:33 AM in the TwilightZone Az big cup of java last min gear check am headed to Prince William sound AK Gods Country C'ya in Spring of 2017 Fishin Huntin Lovin every day Go Easy Adios S/F :thumbup:

madsox
10-21-16, 09:05 AM
Safe travels and a good trip to ya, Jack! You spending the whole winter up in the North Country there?

I'd love to do that some day, for now I'll wait for your sea stories when you get back!

No big adventures around here this year except getting the young'un started driving. My "baby" is turning sixteen!

:scared:

Next thing on the "getting old" checklist will be grandkids - her older sister, pushing 30, is settled down with a good catch so we're hoping to check that box soon, not that we nag her or anything!! 8-)

So, back to work. That car insurance bill won't pay itself.

Kegler300
10-21-16, 05:09 PM
Finally, TGIF!

http://www.getsmile.com/smiley/seasons/bbq.gif

Zulu 36
10-21-16, 05:39 PM
Well, I finally made it into the grandfather ranks. #1 daughter had a little girl, Abigail, on Tuesday, 10/18. 19" long and 7lb, 10oz. She didn't look a bit like Winston Churchill either. She has a very pretty, round face.

Before she was 12-hours old, her parents saw her flipping from her back onto her side. I saw her do it today and she did it effortlessly. She'll be climbing out of the crib at three-months if they're not careful. She has a large range of facial expressions and likes to smile a lot. Cries very little, mostly when getting her diaper changed as she doesn't seem to like that.

#1 daughter is doing very well herself and is very happy with her baby, as am I.

mexbearlll
10-21-16, 09:54 PM
Congrats to You and Your Daughter. I can still remember having My first one, I'm now waiting on #8. Seems once My kids started they couldn't stop. LOL S/F

madsox
10-22-16, 08:06 PM
Great news, Chris - congratulations to your daughter and to you too! It does sound like that little one is going to be a handful, moving around like that from the git-go? Oh yeah, she's off to a high energy start!

Enjoy, like I needed to tell you that 8-)

s/f

madsox
12-26-16, 10:25 AM
Alright, time to stick my head back in here and poke the sleeping beauties with a stick. My New Year's resolution, starting early here, is to keep active with Marines and our friends and families.

So how was everybody's Christmas (or first couple nights of Chanukah)? We've got both mixed in our family, so we have to make the rounds. Makes for a lot of eating - I love holidays that include food. So much food...

And since we can't have snow this year, I'm okay with the 50-60 degree weather, it means I can get out to the range a few times and not freeze my tailbone off!

Anybody still check in here? Give a holler!

s/f

Zulu 36
12-26-16, 11:25 AM
Christmas went well for my family. We had a nice gathering at the Ex's house, great dinner, and gifts were enjoyed by all. One of my daughters commented that it was the best Christmas we've had in years. I agree.

Quick update on my grand-daughter. She's 9-weeks old now, 12lbs, 23-inches, keeps her head up on her own (and has for several weeks), diaper change time has turned into a happy and playful time for her. She tries very hard to sit up on her own and to crawl. The only drawback is she doesn't like to drink from a bottle, even with her mother's milk in it. Makes babysitting a bit of a chore. But I'm getting an ounce or two into her now. One step at a time.

Hope everyone else had a good holiday season. :beer:

Marine1955
12-30-16, 09:54 PM
Hello squad bay new to this section and just found it..
Just want wish a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year that's tomorrow night.
Was sidelined this past week had a slip and fall and tore my left growing out, OUCH..
Anyway congratulations Zulu on your Grand Baby girl. They are so precious and god way to get to grand pa's heart..
May she grow up strong in your heart and for her ..

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag80/Marine72to81/1a28fdb0-219a-46da-82c2-5849e93fba23_zpsd55iqsby.png

troop901
12-30-16, 10:22 PM
Congrats Zulu, you are going to have to give me advice on this grandpa thing. Aint ready for it but its gonna happen. Right now I am still hovering over whether to DROP or just retire at the end of 2018.

Marine1955
12-31-16, 09:03 AM
Good end of the year morning to all today..
It's 26° and light winds from the north about 8 mph..
High today around 36°..
Just wanted to take the time to wish everyone a Happy New Year..

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag80/Marine72to81/1a28fdb0-219a-46da-82c2-5849e93fba23_zpsd55iqsby.png

FoxtrotOscar
12-31-16, 10:30 AM

madsox
12-31-16, 11:16 AM
Alright, a few more popping up - I'm hoping to join the Grandpa club next year or so, we'll see. Right now (being too damn close to DC) I'm waiting for the change-of-regime festivities in a few weeks. Took the last week off for a good rest, and I slept more than I have in months!

So it's been a slow, pretty boring winter so far. Boring is okay some times.

Have a good New Year's Eve, all!

s/f

madsox
12-31-16, 11:24 AM
Congrats Zulu, you are going to have to give me advice on this grandpa thing. Aint ready for it but its gonna happen. Right now I am still hovering over whether to DROP or just retire at the end of 2018.
<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; min-height: 14.0px}</style>Hey, Troop! Good to see you in here. You may have explained before, but what does DROP do for you? I know you’ve been getting more and more stupid sh!t to deal with on the job, so I think I’d understand if you took an early out…

s/f, brother!

troop901
12-31-16, 06:17 PM
<style type="text/css">p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica}p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; min-height: 14.0px}</style>Hey, Troop! Good to see you in here. You may have explained before, but what does DROP do for you? I know you’ve been getting more and more stupid sh!t to deal with on the job, so I think I’d understand if you took an early out…

s/f, brother!

The DROP is the Deferred Retirement Option Plan, it means I retire but keep working. The state no longer pays into my retirement but I dont receive my retirement check, it go's back into my account. If I do 3 yrs in it then that adds 139,000 to my retirement. After the crap I see that they are putting out from our GHQ, I am back to 1-1-2019. The extra money dont do me no good if I aint around to spend it.

Marine1955
01-01-17, 08:11 AM
Hapy New Year to you all !!!
25°F and up to 50°F today with some light winds also today from the S.E. gusting up to 11 mph.
Had a great New Years Eve. went to our local American Legion had some water and visited some of our local Vets to celebrate the evening left about 9 PM came home and went to bed about 11:15 right after the east cost celebrated we did too. went to bed and now it's 2017..

Lets hope 2017 is Better than 2016..
Semper Fi Brothers

FoxtrotOscar
01-01-17, 12:55 PM
Started off the New Year with fresh snow....

madsox
01-01-17, 05:24 PM
Started off the New Year with fresh snow....

Beautiful! Living out in the boonies has some good points for sure. This city boy is jealous.. ��

Zulu 36
01-01-17, 05:53 PM
Thanks Troop. The grandpa thing isn't too bad. Unless you are actively babysitting (like me), you can pass them off to their mom or dad for diaper changes, feeding (if breast fed), and just plain cranky baby. Eventually, they (or you) go home too. :marine: But I am quite fond of my little girl. She is ahead of the game in many developmental areas, so I'm also quite proud of her. Mom and dad are doing a great job with her.

If crap is still going the way it is now at the end of 2018, it would probably be best to pull the plug. I thought I would miss police work when I retired, but I was surprised at how much I didn't after just a few months. Now, when I think I miss it, I just watch the TV news and that feeling goes away.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

Marine1955
01-02-17, 02:08 PM
Right now we have a temp. of 42º with the high of 56º ,no wind to speak of..
Have a great day all..
Semper Fi..

Mistybluelady
01-02-17, 06:15 PM
not to cold here... beautiful sunny day.... skating on the canal and pick up hockey...Im just the cheerleader....cant afford to fall and break my butt....

Kegler300
01-02-17, 06:35 PM
Upper 60s and low 70s until Thursday, then the bottom falls out with highs in the 30s and lows in the teens.

Marine1955
01-03-17, 11:06 AM
Morning all,19ºF up to 32ºF wind from the north at 12 mph and clear skies and it looks wonderful outside..

FoxtrotOscar
01-03-17, 11:39 AM
Yep of course....

All of this Climate Change/Global Warming is scathingly overwhelming...!!!

More snow in the forecast here and there...

Mongoose
01-04-17, 07:15 AM
Mike, are you saying Al Gore would bull-shet us?

madsox
01-04-17, 12:40 PM
But Billy, Mike, it was in Big Al's book - it must be true!

I can't imagine a fine upstanding politician like him being anything less than 100% honest and completely right, I'd just be shocked.

:nerd:

Marine1955
01-05-17, 02:24 PM
Afternoon all 10º outside and that's the high winds are calm and it's snowing right now we have Three inches on the ground maybe 4 inches ..
We needed the moisture badly..
Take care and be safe when your out there..

FoxtrotOscar
01-05-17, 03:37 PM
Elev 289 ft 48.12 °N, 123.50 °W | Updated 39 min agoClear 36 °F Feels Like 33 °F N 4 Wind from SSW
Yesterday (https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCLM#history/s20170104/e20170104/mdaily) High 36 | Low 18 °F - Precip. 0 in

Kegler300
01-05-17, 05:12 PM
One to three inches of snow Saturday ...

troop901
01-05-17, 08:03 PM
One to three inches of snow Saturday ...

Suppose to get 2 to 4 inches of snow tonight, the snow was supposed to have stopped by now but still coming down, not too bad though. And the baby is due 8-22-17. Gonna have to call Zulu into diaper changing duty, dont think I can go thru that again, my boy, the father, made me throw up while changing his diaper, yes, it was that nasty. Cant wait for his first diaper change lmao.

Kegler300
01-05-17, 08:19 PM
Diaper duty!

Marine1955
01-05-17, 08:21 PM
We top out at 4" of snow and the temp is now 9º F have a good evening all...

advanced
01-06-17, 08:44 AM
It's even freezing down here in once sunny Florida, only 59 this morning with a high forcasted for Sunday of only 53. Of course I'm in the high country at 9.8 ft above sea level. A week ago today it got so cold we had to turn the heat on for an hour to get the chill out. Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

Mistybluelady
01-06-17, 10:20 AM
It's even freezing down here in once sunny Florida, only 59 this morning with a high forcasted for Sunday of only 53. Of course I'm in the high country at 9.8 ft above sea level. A week ago today it got so cold we had to turn the heat on for an hour to get the chill out. Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

Ill take the 59 degrees, do you accept room renters ? Florida sounds mighty good right about now... -13 here

advanced
01-06-17, 11:36 AM
Any time for a lady, don't freeze your buns off honey.

Marine1955
01-06-17, 01:18 PM
Afternoon all, it's 17ºF we may reach 25ºF also have 4" of snow and I'm not able to get out and clean it off.
Have a really fine day all..

troop901
01-06-17, 09:49 PM
It got up to 18 degrees today but we only got 2 inches of snow. When I go back Sunday morning its supposed to be 8 degrees so I will probally put my coat on. And talked to my Cap the other day, he told me to DROP, he was a Marine also, I was like well there is a difference Cap, your a Captain and I am a road Troop. You, in a office, me, on the road. When 5-10-18 rolls around guess I will have to make that decision.

Marine1955
01-07-17, 06:50 AM
Morning all, -5ºF on the way up to 35ºF. Winds are 4 mph from the west..
Hope Y'all have a good day..

madsox
01-07-17, 12:58 PM
Hey, there's Lisa - welcome back! Or have you just been lurking around the edges? Not that I mind the weather reports, but let's get some other conversations going on too.

I'd start but the cat glued to my lap won't let me type much - we got a new furball last fall, and she's decided that I'm "mommy". I sit down for half a second and she's right there curled up on me. Okay, I guess I did start.

In other news, we almost had a dusting of snow last night. Thank g-d today's a weekend, this place would be paralyzed 8-)

Off to see what's up around here...

Mongoose
01-07-17, 02:01 PM
No snow here, but did get down to 15 last night. Been since 1983 that we had a temp that low, in the part of Texas I live in. Yesterday, the Mayor closed down all the schools, city and county offices, grocery stores ran out of food, called in the National Guard, and was declared a state of emergency. FEMA is on it's way........

SGT7477
01-07-17, 02:56 PM
-20 with 54 inches of snow, Get Some, Semper Fidelis.

Kegler300
01-07-17, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=SGT7477;1017622]

Dayem! 31161

troop901
01-07-17, 03:46 PM
-20 with 54 inches of snow, Get Some, Semper Fidelis.

According to the temp. gauge in my car its -40, oh wait, it been saying that since she bought it 2 yrs ago. But it did get up to 20 degrees today.

SGT7477
01-07-17, 03:48 PM
No snow here, but did get down to 15 last night. Been since 1983 that we had a temp that low, in the part of Texas I live in. Yesterday, the Mayor closed down all the schools, city and county offices, grocery stores ran out of food, called in the National Guard, and was declared a state of emergency. FEMA is on it's way........

State of emergency,lol, they should be here, Semper Fidelis.

troop901
01-07-17, 08:58 PM
Yelp, putting my coat on, 8 degrees. If there is no wind then no coat. Ronnie has warm doughnuts. As my Gunny said, you aint cold till I order you to be cold.

Marine1955
01-08-17, 07:32 AM
Good Sunday Morning , 12ºF outside up to 43ºF with light south winds at 4 mph.
slowly regaining some warmer Temps. by next weekend will suppose to get more snow maybe..

advanced
01-08-17, 07:53 AM
It's so cold here we had to turn the heat on this morning for the 2nd time this year. Back up to normal by tomorrow though so I can last through this. I'm allergic to the cold.

Mongoose
01-08-17, 07:57 AM
Cold today,but....all the rest of this week in the mid 70's.

Zulu 36
01-08-17, 08:54 AM
It's so cold here we had to turn the heat on this morning for the 2nd time this year. Back up to normal by tomorrow though so I can last through this. I'm allergic to the cold.

My old Michigan tolerance to cold is gone, if I ever had any in the first place. I too hate cold weather and 30s is cold weather to me now. However, I refuse to turn on the heat as it isn't that terribly cold inside my apartment that a hoodie can't take care of it. The dog is buried under her fleece blanket, so she's OK.

SGT7477
01-08-17, 10:05 AM
It's warm out with a temp of -1, troop have a doughnut on me watch the dickey doo,lmao,Semper Fidelis.

mexbearlll
01-08-17, 10:56 PM
Here in Reno, I may have to requal in swimming. S/F

Marine1955
01-09-17, 11:11 AM
36ºF going up to 56ºF nice day with windy conditions winds around 15 to 29 mph.
Chance of rain or snow this weekend looms ahead of us in the mid-west..
Have a great week aal and Simper Fi..

Mistybluelady
01-09-17, 03:11 PM
brrrr... another cold one... between my work and upgrading some college courses which I am far to old for this bs sometimes, Ive been super busy... I might just hop on a plane to anywhere warm and take up space on someones sofa....anyone heard from Mandy?

Kegler300
01-09-17, 03:44 PM
Couldn't get my truck doors open this morning evening after warming the truck up for 15 minutes ... got the driver's side door to the wife's car open, but when I started looking for the ice scraper, I remembered it was on the back seat of my truck!

Marine1955
01-10-17, 01:21 PM
53ºF going to around 60ºF light winds so far and partly cloudy skies overhead...
Have a great day Marines

madsox
01-10-17, 09:11 PM
brrrr... another cold one... between my work and upgrading some college courses which I am far to old for this bs sometimes, Ive been super busy... I might just hop on a plane to anywhere warm and take up space on someones sofa....anyone heard from Mandy?

Lisa, we have a spare room but it's not too warm around here this week either (not sure the Boss wants me inviting ladies over, but... ;) )

No sign of Mandy in a long time - the rest of the Crusty Old Crew is around but not too chatty lately. Check on the thread about Mitch (Hammer) though, he's having a rough time it seems. Billy and the gang have all been through there.

If we could get some snow I'd be fine with our cold (above zero, that's not so bad) but all we get is rain that freezes, or wind. Midatlantic winters svck!

Marine1955
01-11-17, 08:36 AM
Morning all , It's 36º up to 60º today with light winds for now later could be a different story..Right now we have mostly clear skies overhead and no wind YYYYeaaaaa !!!

Mistybluelady
01-11-17, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=madsox;1017692]Lisa, we have a spare room but it's not too warm around here this week either (not sure the Boss wants me inviting ladies over, but... ;) )

No sign of Mandy in a long time - the rest of the Crusty Old Crew is around but not too chatty lately. Check on the thread about Mitch (Hammer) though, he's having a rough time it seems. Billy and the gang have all been through there.

If we could get some snow I'd be fine with our cold (above zero, that's not so bad) but all we get is rain that freezes, or wind. Midatlantic winters svck!

I heard from Hammer , he sent me a pm..
Im sure the Boss would like me, Im low maintenance and a good cook....

Kegler300
01-11-17, 04:30 PM
Cloudy and 67 today ... roller coaster temps this week..

Marine1955
01-12-17, 10:21 AM
18º with a wind around 4 mph and partly cloudy skie.
Should reach close to 37º and clearing skies also.
Have a good day Marines..

Kegler300
01-12-17, 04:24 PM
Sunny and 74 ...

troop901
01-12-17, 08:03 PM
At 0700 this morning it was 66 degrees, yesterday it dropped from 41 to 29 in a hour and we had black ice everywhere in the morning. Tomorrow they are saying freezing rain in the morning, thank god I am off. Man, I love Ohiya weather. And I just found out today that a retired Sgt. of mine in the Patrol sold his farm and moved to South Carolina, I said that is one of the few states that I would move to when I retire.

madsox
01-12-17, 09:49 PM
Thanks for sending that stuff on East, Troop - I think we're supposed to have slippery, half-frozen crap all Saturday. 70+ today and I went out for a run (knees don't even hurt - yay, old guy me!) and by tomorrow night it'll be winter again.

This place is as crazy as the people who live here. Oh wait. I live here.

Yeah, what I said. F'in crazy you have to be to stay close to DC.

Next week should be plenty of entertainment though, with the inauguration and the pro-Trump crowd and then all the anti-Trump crowd, and the professional sh!t-stirrers coming in to try to make more trouble...

I'm glad I'm not wearing blue next weekend, every police force in the area is gonna be on double overtime watching out for all the nutjobs!

Heard about a couple new spammers here, I have to go chase 'em down and yell at them before I rack out here.

s/f all!

Mongoose
01-13-17, 08:27 AM
At 0700 this morning it was 66 degrees, yesterday it dropped from 41 to 29 in a hour and we had black ice everywhere in the morning. Tomorrow they are saying freezing rain in the morning, thank god I am off. Man, I love Ohiya weather. And I just found out today that a retired Sgt. of mine in the Patrol sold his farm and moved to South Carolina, I said that is one of the few states that I would move to when I retire.

Troop, you should consider Texas, brother.....we're a no-nonsense State. We consider State Troopers the best of the best.

Gary W
01-13-17, 10:07 AM
Good morning! Wondering if anyone will be attending the Shot Show in Las Vegas next week. Will be there Tuesday thru Thursday and would love to say "Hello" to any of our Leatherneck.com Marines that will be there. Let me know. Thanks

Marine1955
01-13-17, 12:09 PM
Afternoon all, and I want be going to Vegas I'll be staying my fat azz home LOL.
Right now we have 20º with light winds so far..
High today around 28 and a chance of snow and ice this weekend.
Have a great weekend Marine and Corpsmen.

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag80/Marine72to81/semper%20fi_zpssrjuhp7f.gif

troop901
01-13-17, 03:04 PM
Thanks for sending that stuff on East, Troop - I think we're supposed to have slippery, half-frozen crap all Saturday. 70+ today and I went out for a run (knees don't even hurt - yay, old guy me!) and by tomorrow night it'll be winter again.

This place is as crazy as the people who live here. Oh wait. I live here.

Yeah, what I said. F'in crazy you have to be to stay close to DC.

Next week should be plenty of entertainment though, with the inauguration and the pro-Trump crowd and then all the anti-Trump crowd, and the professional sh!t-stirrers coming in to try to make more trouble...

I'm glad I'm not wearing blue next weekend, every police force in the area is gonna be on double overtime watching out for all the nutjobs!

Heard about a couple new spammers here, I have to go chase 'em down and yell at them before I rack out here.

s/f all!

Yelp, we are sending like a hundred Troops your way for that. Our MFF, or as we call them, the MFers, wannabe SRT guys who couldnt make the cut. So a sgt. and a troop from old Post 73 will be there. And we didnt get the freezing rain but it only got into the 30's today.

troop901
01-13-17, 03:21 PM
Troop, you should consider Texas, brother.....we're a no-nonsense State. We consider State Troopers the best of the best.

Well Goose, I would prefer to stay in the states, I dont want to move to Mexico LMAO. Besides that they say everything is bigger Texas so I dont want da warden looking down at some guy and then looking at me and saying yelp, they are bigger in Texas.

SGT7477
01-13-17, 08:22 PM
This morning we had -27 with a windchill of -45 but it did get to 10 above, well troop you could always move to N.D. and work with the tough breed of troopers I could always feed you donuts,lol, Semper Fidelis.

Kegler300
01-13-17, 08:29 PM
Got up to 77 degrees today ... tomorrow's high only 54 ...

troop901
01-13-17, 08:49 PM
This morning we had -27 with a windchill of -45 but it did get to 10 above, well troop you could always move to N.D. and work with the tough breed of troopers I could always feed you donuts,lol, Semper Fidelis.

Ronnie, I normally tough it out with no coat, they say, are you stupid, say no, Marine. But out side of SC I was thinking about Wyoming, But bum f**k Dakota is about the same. Do they have enough beer for the both of us and do you have cable?

Mongoose
01-14-17, 07:42 AM

Marine1955
01-14-17, 11:22 AM
33º right now with the high around 36º winds are very light and we have mostly cloudy skies overhead..
I thought about retiring in the south then I woke up LOL..

SGT7477
01-15-17, 08:49 AM
Troop now tell me you don't have a pea brain, I live in a TP and shoot buffalo,Good one Billy Troop should wear that badge with pride,lmao, Semper Fidelis.

Marine1955
01-15-17, 12:43 PM
Morning and Afternoon all to whom it applies too.
Right now we have 31º with ice on the trees and ground we'll be under a watch until Monday at least. High today around 34º with rain and freezing rain today..
I keeping my self home and not going any place at all...

advanced
01-16-17, 08:18 AM
I hear everyone moaning and groaning about the weather, but down here in SW Florida we are in deep winter. It seems it just can't get back up into the 80's as it's only in the middle to upper 70's every day. And talk about cold mornings only in the 60's, I almost froze over the weekend riding my Indian, of course I rode my other Indian inside so that was OK. I shall persevere, ain't no quitter.

FoxtrotOscar
01-16-17, 09:57 AM
3 Days
& a wake up...!!!

Marine1955
01-16-17, 12:17 PM
Afternoon all, 34º high today around 35º..
We have ice,and snow on the trees and ground slowly it's melting from the trees and pooling on the ground..
Have a nice week Marines.

madsox
01-17-17, 10:10 AM
3 Days
& a wake up...!!!

TWO now...

8-)

Marine1955
01-17-17, 10:53 AM
36º with partly cloudy skies with light wind.. High today around 46º and that should melt allot of snow and ice from the trees and houses today.
Have a good day.
Two days and a wake up..

Marine1955
01-18-17, 11:20 AM
34º with a high around 53º with partly cloudy skies and calm winds so far..
for tonight over night a low of 29º.
Have a great day all..

KonaPaul
01-18-17, 04:27 PM
Our days are 80˚-82˚. Overnight it's almost 70˚. We have had some snow recently on our island in Hawaii - You don’t see this very often (maybe a few times a year) so thought I would take a picture of snow at the top of Mauna Loa volcano (Elevation:13,678′)when we went for our walk the other day. As you can see, it’s one of the few places you can see snow from the beach here in Kona. Whoops, sorry can't insert my photo as I don't have enough credits. Have no idea how to get credits so would appreciate if someone could let me know. I've read the Q & A but they don't explain it.

madsox
01-18-17, 04:37 PM
Okay, now I'm jealous.

I'm always jealous when I read/hear/see anything about living in Hawaii. I know I'd never be able to afford the place unless we moved into a 2-room shack up in the sticks, but still... Hawaii...

Only been there once (with the wife and daughter - best vacation ever!), but we all dream of getting back some day.

Off to play the lottery, and wait for the fun to really start tomorrow (pre-inauguration). The DC area has been getting crazier than usual for a week!

Oh, and Bradley/Chelsea/whatever Manning - no. Just no.

:evilgrin:

madsox
01-18-17, 04:51 PM
Konapaul - for loading a picture in, go to the editor for a post and look for the little icon that looks like a window, or a frame, with a picture in it. Click on that, and "Insert Image" will come up. Select the "from computer" tab, then I always use the "basic uploader" choice at the bottom, then click on "choose a picture". That prompts you to browse through your computer, select a picture and upload it, it's not too hard.

Size can be an issue, I can't remember off hand what the biggest image is, but you can put some decent sized pics up.

Holler if you can't figure it out, FO and I are around and some others who know how this stuff works...

s/f!

KonaPaul
01-18-17, 05:33 PM
Thank you, here's the photo. It was just too big - I reduced the size.

USMC 2571
01-18-17, 05:41 PM
Andy, would you do me a favor and ban Kona Paul for showing a photo like that, when we are cold and snowy and rainy??? LOL-------

Marine1955
01-19-17, 11:24 AM
Good day Marine's, Well it's 39º and we should reach 45º.
Cloudy skies and a light east wind at 4 mph.
We also have a drizzling outside also..
Have a good day all..

advanced
01-19-17, 12:10 PM
Good News

By the way, it's 77 and sunny right now in sunny Florida