PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo waiver process.

YxsequencexY
08-02-16, 02:04 PM
Hello, my name is Jose Hernandez and i have a few questions about the tattoo waiver process that i am currently undergoing. I went to MEPS on Apr 21st and all was good but could not swear in because i need this tattoo waiver. on the 22nd i went back to the RSS and took pictures of my tattoo in the required clothing and gave a written statement about my tattoo. The pictures and statement were sent off to be reviewed. I get called in to rewrite my statement a week later and to take more pictures because the tattoo regs were changed. That all gets submitted the same day. i get a call a few days later saying i need to rewrite my statement again because they found out that i tried joint the army when i was 19 and wanted a statement as to why i did not complete my enlistment process with the army. i get that done and it gets submitted for review. A few weeks pass and they need me to meet with the CO to talk about my tattoo. We meet, we talk, he reviews my IST scores and ASVAB scores, and he says he will write a letter of recommendation and submit it before he leaves because of a change of command. Its now been over month since him and i met and 2 days ago i got a call from my recruiter who is saying that i will get a call in a few days from an XO who would like to speak with me about the waiver. i asked if getting my tattoo removed would make this all go away and was told that the scarring from laser removal could be a disqualifier. It seems like they are working at getting this done for me, but I'm curious as to how much longer this could take. Im ready to go and I'm getting antsy seeing other poolees with tattoos get waivers like its nothing, swear in, get a ship date, and then ship while i play the waiting game.
Tattoo location; INSIDE RIGHT FOREARM
SIZE; 7.5'' VERTICAL BY 5'' HORIZONTAL
UNAUTHORIZED LOCATION; INSIDE OF ELBOW CREASE

Tennessee Top
08-02-16, 02:46 PM
No recruiters here. So, we can't answer your question. As you are finding out, nothing in the Marine Corps happens fast. "Hurry up and wait" is one of our most common mottos.

Good luck. Let us know what the final word is.

USMC 2571
08-03-16, 08:40 AM
As Top said, see a recruiter and keep us posted please

mexbearlll
08-05-16, 12:28 AM
Top , when does the "Hurry up and wait" stop? I've been waiting so long .LOL S/F