PDA

View Full Version : Getting out SOON - need help staying in or getting back in.

commguy
07-31-16, 06:06 PM
Getting out in less than 2 weeks (EAS: 12 AUG 2016) and will be back in Texas by September. Already looking to get back in, I didn't realize I wanted to stay in until it was basically too late. Looking to get the process started immediately upon returning to Texas.

-Anyone have contact info. (Phone #, email...) for the PSR that would serve my area?

-Can anyone provide me with a list of documents to walk into a PSR office with, in order to let them know that I'm serious?

-Has anyone successfully gotten back in, or is it easier to reenlist in the reserves and then request augmentation to active duty?

Re enlistment code: Don't have my DD214 yet, but no reason to believe it should be unfavorable.
MOS: 0621
Tattoos: Small tree of life in Enzo circle on chest & Tribal on right arm (half sleeve)
Height: 70 in.
Weight: 165-170
Location: Camp Lejeune - Moving to Temple, TX at the end of August.
EAS: 12 AUG 2016

Tennessee Top
07-31-16, 09:02 PM
When you get home, give your local recruiter a call (or the nearest USMCR Reserve Center). They should have the contact info for your PSR. Nobody here can answer your questions about getting back in (no PSR's here). Your biggest hurdle, will be finding a PSR who will return your calls/texts. If you can actually ever talk to one, you're off to a good start and doing better than most.

Good luck Devil.

Gunslinger03
08-02-16, 01:36 AM
You are not getting back in with a half sleeve. Guys are being denied reentry per MCBUL 1020 because of unauthorized tattoos. Assuming this is your first enlistment, safe to say you do not have the proper grandfather documentation required. good luck.

Tennessee Top
08-02-16, 10:45 AM
But. If you're a female, open gay, or open tranny, you're golden.

We will have a progressive/integrated force, come hell-or-high water by God!

Glad I won't be around to see it. But I predict, 50 years from now, our Corps (IF it still exists at all), will be completely neutered by then. One will either be a sexless robot, or LBGTQ. If the liberals keep getting their way (and I don't see the conservatives stopping them), it will happen even sooner.

USMC 2571
08-03-16, 07:53 AM
50 years from now, Top, it might even be REQUIRED that an applicant BE a transgender!

m14ed
08-04-16, 01:57 PM
50 years from now, Top,

it might even be REQUIRED
that an applicant BE a transgender!

Yah -

they'll "Toss" for top rack,
or play ODD MAN OUT-