PDA

View Full Version : Veterans should banish Kerry

cbqrr47
01-27-04, 09:37 PM
Veterans Should Politically Banish Kerry For Disgracing The Marine Corps Memorial
Major Rick Erickson, 01/27/04

On the cover of ““The New Soldier”” by John Kerry and Vietnam Veterans Against The War, hippies clad in a mismatch of military uniforms are pictured mocking the legendary image of Marines raising the American flag atop Mount Suribachi in the 1945 battle for Iwo Jima. Today, the Iwo Jima image is a memorial statue that sits above Arlington National Cemetery and honors all Marines killed in action since 1775. It is one of the most recognized and visited sites in our Capitol City.

“The New Soldier” never made it on the reading list at our military academies. In the cover photo that ridicules the Marine Corps Memorial, one of Kerry’s cronies is tugging on our flag, which is hung upside down as the ultimate symbol of sedition and treachery to all veterans who rallied behind our flag in battle. On the day of that shameful photograph and with its mass circulation on the cover of “The New Soldier,” at least 6,821 Marines who died at Iwo Jima turned over in their graves.

Of all the reasons why John F. Kerry will not become President of the United States, the biggest reason has to be that, once he returned home from Vietnam, he betrayed his fellow servicemen who remained at war. Kerry not only allied with the likes of Hanoi Jane Fonda, but, before the United States Senate in 1971, Kerry went as far as to belittle the bravery of embattled troops by generalizing their every action in Vietnam as an atrocity.

No one questioned General George S. Patton, III, when he accused Kerry of treason in giving aid and comfort to the enemy, especially when it was revealed that North Vietnam incorporated Kerry’s exploits into its communist propaganda machine. However, because of the prevalence of treason at the time and the monumental task of prosecuting Kerry and his proclaimed “revolutionaries,” Kerry’s actions went unpunished and the associated advances of communism went unhindered.

Fortunately, today’s veterans and Americans who overwhelmingly support our armed forces tend to disparage those who dishonor military service and then pretend to be capable of our country’s highest office. This political reality afflicted Bill Clinton, whose anti-military past kept him from winning any more than forty-nine percent of the popular vote. No wonder Kerry’s presidential campaign is doing its best to subvert his estrangement from veterans and service people in general.

The tact of Kerry for President looks a lot like Clinton-Gore’s approach to deceiving voters that such an obvious liability is really the opposite. When Kerry marched in the Veteran’s Day parade in Phoenix last year, in tow behind him were a few people carrying “Veterans for Kerry” placards. Some placard carriers looked like the ragtag types on the cover of “The New Solider” in that they were unshaven, wearing circa 1971 clothes and appeared disoriented.

The ongoing insult is that “Veterans for Kerry” is supposed to represent the veteran community’s support of Kerry, when the reality is that very few veterans support him. Most veterans cannot forgive Kerry for Vietnam Veterans Against The War and its promotion of communism when we were fighting communists. As far as U.S. Marines are concerned, we ought to ensure that Kerry is forever banished from the White House for dishonoring our Memorial on the cover of “The New Soldier.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit Rick's website at ReadyMilitary.com

Major Rick Erickson has been in the Marine Corps since 1991, when he attended Officer Candidate School, The Basic School and the Infantry Officer Course (1992) in Quantico, Virginia. He reported to the 1st Marine Division in Camp Pendleton, California, where he assumed command of a rifle platoon and then a weapons platoon with 2d Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment (2/5). In 1993, he attended over-the-horizon navigation school and became navigator for 2/5’s Fox Company, which trained in Coronado, California to conduct small boat raids for the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU). In 1994, the 11th MEU deployed to Mogadishu, Somalia, where Major (then 1st Lieutenant) Erickson participated in Operation Quick Draw and Operation Distant Runner in Rwanda.

:mad:

P. M. SHEEHAN
01-28-04, 10:49 AM
You are 100% on target. What's so damn frustrating is that the liberal media won't address this. There has to be somebody out there who is willing to "trip him up" like Bill O'Reilly on the Factor. People have to call their local radio stations and newspapers. Also, don't forget, as has been reported on this Forum, that Kerry's real name is Kohn. His grandfather came from Austria in the early part of the 20th century and sonn changed the name from Kohn to Kerry. It's reported that the grandfather subsequently committed suicide in a Boston hotel. Don't these fools who support this guy realize that this guy is trying to masquerage as an Irish Catholic from Massachusetts? His initials, JFK, have me kind of frightened.

thedrifter
01-28-04, 12:08 PM
January 27, 2004, 8:25 a.m. <br />
Vetting the Vet Record <br />
Is Kerry a proud war hero or angry antiwar protester? <br />
<br />
John Kerry, we know, is running against John Kerry: his own voting record. But there is...

P. M. SHEEHAN
01-28-04, 02:25 PM
Thanks. Excellent read.

LONEEAGLE
01-28-04, 02:45 PM
All I can say to this from the Drifter and Cbqrr47, is......
" A GREAT BIG THANK YOU." You have enlightened my mind, and I was totally surprised by all of this." "AGAIN THANKS."

yellowwing
01-28-04, 06:26 PM
I have been thinking about this thread all day. My active duty service time was 1983-1989. I was born in May 1965. I was three years old during the Tet offensive.

I was prepared to speak from the liberal left about John Kerry's actions before and after his service time. I realised that it would have been arrogant. I am a Marine, and damn proud of that, but I was not there.

Today in Winnipeg the wind chill was -60F while I walked to an appointment. My freakin' eyelashes froze to each other! Then I thought of the Marines at the Chosin Resevoir. Fighting for weeks on end in that -60F climate.

As a veteran I think we are not as pronounced as we should be as a voting block. I think more must be done. Not just to try to influence politicians to our causes. We are competing with multibillion dollar corporations when it comes to special interests.

Because Iraq is such a hot item, this would be a perfect time to start reaching out to the rest of the Nation. Convince enough of Joe and Jane Public that we still are a vital part of who we all are as citizens.

Perhaps then Veterans affairs would become an issue up there with terrorism, economics, the Fed Rate, and the DJIA. We established a beach head when Veteran Affairs became a full cabinet seat. Let's try to see how far we can really push it! :marine: