PDA

View Full Version : How flexible are career counselors?

Warzik
07-13-16, 10:50 AM
I'm planning on making an offer of a promised re-enlistment but in the reserves if I 2-year LAT move into crash fire rescue. Currently active 0352. How realistic is that offer, if something like that is possible?

I have not talked to one yet, but I want to see what others think before I go in there with an offer. I heard they do a lot of "dealing" for a re-enlistment.

Thanks!
~ Semper Fi
:iwo:

Tennessee Top
07-13-16, 03:21 PM
I was both a Company and Battalion Career Planner back in the 80's. We didn't work any deals back then - the eligible Marine submitted his request to HQMC and then we waited for the answer (yes or no).

No idea if any deals are cut today. I do know, the goal is to identify early and retain the best.

Good luck

MunkyVsRobot
07-13-16, 05:52 PM
That used to work but where as they are not hurting for bodies that could back fire on you. Ive already seen it happen where someones monitor got ****ed because they were trying to play that game and the individual lost.

It all depends on your monitor and whether or not there is a high demand for that. If the MOS is High Deploying or Low Density you may have some ammunition to use but if not you might be out of luck. The bonus's or lack there of should show you how much the Marine Corps really cares about retention.. Even if it is the reserves.