PDA

View Full Version : Diagnosed with ADHD while in the reserves

AreaMan
07-07-16, 08:34 PM
Good Evening, <br />
<br />
Recently I was diagnosed with ADHD whilst serving in the Marine reserves. I'm an 0311. I have talked to several medical personnel. they gave me the go ahead to start taking Adderall,...

Tennessee Top
07-07-16, 10:14 PM
Nobody here will be able to answer your questions. You're most likely being kept in the fog because your command doesn't know either. Hope you can find some answers soon.

Good luck.

MunkyVsRobot
07-09-16, 09:22 AM
Is ADHD still a thing? How are adults diagnosed with it and prescribed medication for it always thought it was primarily youth that had the medication and all that jazz? Doesnt sound right to be but if it is most likely nothing will happen being it sound like you were diagnosed with it after being in the military.

AreaMan
07-25-16, 05:12 PM
Thank you for your responses, I can give an update. There was absolutely no negative backlash, and I successfully graduated from my 2 week AT course in which approximately 70% passed. That being said, anyone who in the future might find them self in the same boat as me needs to be upfront and document everything, A-Z. The first person you should talk to is the head of your units medical staff.

Justgainz
08-05-16, 04:40 AM
the PSR I was asking about fy17 boat spaces is in the same situation and takes his prescription from medical every day