PDA

View Full Version : Requiring assistance.

JohnTheMan
07-05-16, 11:07 PM
I am planning to become a Marine Officer and make that my career. I am starting off at a 2-year college and graduated high school just recently. My plan was to go to a 4-year after my 2-year CC and getting my bachelors then apply to OCS. The recruiter has told me that there are more ways to becoming Officer such as going Reserves and applying to PLC, or go active duty and attend my classes online. I would want to know how would PLC work out or how would being active duty and attending courses online would work out. Thank you!

Tennessee Top
07-05-16, 11:40 PM
GOOGLE "USMC commissioning programs". Search "becoming an officer" in the "Search Thread" above your post. You should be able to find the answers to your questions there. If you still have questions after doing your research, come back with your specific questions. An officer candidate needs to show initiative and an ability to solve problems. Do your work first, then we'll try to help you. We're not going to do your research for you.

JohnTheMan
07-06-16, 12:12 AM
Would a freshman in a community college be able to attend PLC or must the individual be in a 4-year college?

Zulu 36
07-06-16, 02:06 AM
Would a freshman in a community college be able to attend PLC or must the individual be in a 4-year college?

You would have to be in a four-year college to attend PLC. Freshmen do not attend the PLC program in any event, your first half of OCC would be between your sophomore and junior years.

To get information on officer programs, you need to speak with the local Officer Selection Officer (OSO). Enlisted recruiters do not handle officer accessions. However, the local recruiter should be able to provide you with the OSO contact information if you can't find it in the phone book or on-line. The sooner you start with the OSO, the better, as he/she will guide you.

Be ready to physically and mentally prepare yourself well above that required of enlisted recruits. Top notch grades are important too as all officer programs are very competitive.