PDA

View Full Version : 15 Drill Instructors accused of "Hazing - Abuse"...

FoxtrotOscar
07-01-16, 08:51 AM
Sounds like another &quot;Witch Hunt&quot;...!!! <br />
<br />
The Marine Corps is investigating allegations of hazing, physical abuse, assault, and oversight failures among 15 drill instructors based at Marine Corps...

oldtop
07-01-16, 09:30 AM
There are SOME idiots that have been trying to destroy the Marine Corps and it's long proven traditions and training methods since at least the early 1970's, then the same group crybabies about their kids being abused by the enemy in war... as MY DI said, the only thing a DI cannot do to a recruit is "kill and eat them"... something that the ENEMY CAN and possibly HAS done.... think about that for a minute... if you are not HARDER than your enemy, how can you expect to defeat him????....

FoxtrotOscar
07-01-16, 09:45 AM
OT, along those lines Chesty said it best:

“Our Country won’t go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won’t be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!”
– Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC

Mongoose
07-01-16, 09:46 AM
William, we grew up in an era when you had to endure to survive. My Platoon Commander...SSGT. R.O.Reed was a living terror. Marines today wouldn't believe the things we were subjected to. I remember during the debates on water-boarding. A bleeding heart Senator said that's not America, to torture people. He commented....how would you like to be deprived of sleep, chocked, beaten daily, and put through bull**** till you had no will power, gouged in the eyes, and be constantly harassed, and made to feel ashamed of yourself.............A Marine in the back of the audience yelled out......I thought we was talking about torture....not Marine Corps boot-camp!

Tennessee Top
07-01-16, 02:03 PM
3rd RTR. We just had this discussion this week about the DI's there being the hardest. Maybe this is an indication of that? I find it interesting this recruit just happened to be in the 3rd Herd - of all places.

Here is my biggest question. Why is it that PI stays in the headlines for leadership issues and we never hear anything about MCRD, San Diego? Only difference between the two is, PI has females (not a factor in this particular incident of course but it has been in others).

Mongoose
07-01-16, 03:18 PM
That's because in SD they make tough Marines, not whinners like in PI. Any time a SD Marine pulls off his sun glasses.....you better stand down.

m14ed
07-01-16, 03:29 PM
That's because in SD
they make tough Marines,
not whinners like in PI.

Any time a SD Marine pulls off his sun glasses....
you better stand down.

Glad i wasn't drinking my Coffee
when i read that one
Sweetpea

Old Marine
07-01-16, 04:04 PM
3rd RTR. We just had this discussion this week about the DI's there being the hardest. Maybe this is an indication of that? I find it interesting this recruit just happened to be in the 3rd Herd - of all places.

Here is my biggest question. Why is it that PI stays in the headlines for leadership issues and we never hear anything about MCRD, San Diego? Only difference between the two is, PI has females (not a factor in this particular incident of course but it has been in others).

Leadership is the keyword. The Drill Instructors at SD are in the spotlight at all times as opposed to PI where they are out in the boonies and it takes more eyes to keep them in the spotlight. The SD Drill Instructors are constantly in the eye of the public as MCRD is located right down town and is a showplace for the city.

It used to be easier for a civilian type to get aboard the base than it was for a Marine.

SGT7477
07-01-16, 08:39 PM
That's because in SD they make tough Marines, not whinners like in PI. Any time a SD Marine pulls off his sun glasses.....you better stand down.

Lmfao, Semper Fidelis.