PDA

View Full Version : Fy17 enlisted retention campaign

MunkyVsRobot
06-25-16, 07:03 AM
YUUUUUUUT! The first of the messages I have been waiting for. Next one is the one with the boat space numbers and bonus numbers.

FY17 ENLISTED RETENTION CAMPAIGN

Date Signed: 6/23/2016
MARADMINS Active Number: 326/16

R 231013Z JUN 16
MARADMIN 326/16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY17 ENLISTED RETENTION CAMPAIGN//
REF/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMEA/YMD: 20100908//
AMPN/REF IS MCO 1040.31, ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT//
POC/D. G. BIRD/MGYSGT/HQMC (MMEA-1)/-/TEL: 703-432-9125 EMAIL: DONALD.G.BIRD(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Marine Corps primary enlisted career force objectives are to retain the most qualified force by grade and Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) and support the staffing of all authorized career force billets while standardizing promotion tempo across all MOSs to match time-in-service targets. The Marine Corps begins execution of the FY 17 Enlisted Retention Campaign on 5 July 2016.
2. Detailed FY 17 enlisted retention guidelines for the First Term Alignment Plan (FTAP) and Subsequent Term Alignment Plan (STAP) will be published via the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) (message T65326) and also available for download from the Enlisted Retention Manpower page under the references section.
3. Every First Term Marine, regardless of Tier status or perceived competitiveness, should submit for retention. Each member of the chain of command, from unit leaders to service headquarters, play a role in making a 'whole Marine concept' determination of quality in the retention decision. For fast-filling MOSs, a more comprehensive review of those Marines competing is conducted in order to select the most qualified. That in view, the value of comments from Commanders and senior enlisted cannot be overstated. All Marines, regardless of their Tier evaluation, are highly encouraged to submit.
4. Concept of operations for FTAP and STAP will be conducted as follows:
4.a. FTAP effort will be in three phases:
4.a.1. Phase I: Phase I begins 5 July. The purpose of Phase I is to initiate the submission and processing of retention requests. In early July, HQMC will promulgate submission goals to major commands for key MOSs that are historically slow-filling. Duty Station Incentives are in effect for Tiers I-III during this phase. As submissions are received, Fast-Filling MOS (FFM) boards will be conducted for MOSs that have more submissions than boatspaces. Major Subordinate Commands (MSC) are encouraged to request a brief from HQMC for their key leaders outlining the FTAP retention process during the initial stages of this phase. Phase I ends on 30 September.
4.a.2. Phase II: Phase II begins 1 October. The purpose of Phase II is to assess the progress of the FTAP retention effort, make any required adjustments or refinements to guidance and continue processing retention requests. HQMC will conduct an initial assessment of progress at the beginning of this phase and will publish the results of this assessment via MARADMIN to keep commands informed of the overall effort. The assessment will identify slow-Filling MOSs. If required, boatspaces in these MOSs will be specifically allocated in a retention mission assigned to major commands. FFM boards for all MOSs that meet FFM criteria will be initiated during this Phase and will continue through the remainder of the FY as needed. The Prior Service Enlistment Program (PSEP) and Lateral Move submissions begin on 1 December. Phase II ends on 31 December.
4.a.3. Phase III: Phase III begins 1 January. The purpose of Phase III is to continue the processing of retention requests, provide updated analysis and assist commands in the final stages of their retention efforts as Marines in the FTAP cohort approach the end of their contracts. A midyear assessment of progress will be conducted in early January that will inform the reallocation or modification of any previously assigned retention missions. Retention Assist Visits (RAV) will be conducted to assist commands with retention in specific MOSs when possible Phase III ends on 30 September.
4.b. STAP effort will be in two phases:
4.b.1. Phase I: Phase I begins 1 July. The purpose of Phase I is to initiate the submission, processing and, in some cases, release of retention requests. Phase I is the prescribed submission window for STAP Marines, providing HQMC the opportunity to assess the competitiveness of the STAP population. PSEP and Lateral Move submissions begin on 5 July and will continue through the remainder of the FY as needed. MSCs are encouraged to request a brief from HQMC for their key leaders outlining the STAP retention process during this phase. Phase I ends on 31 December.
4.b.2. Phase II: Phase II begins 1 January. The purpose of Phase II is to begin releasing reenlistment authorities, assess the progress of the FY retention effort, and continue processing retention requests submitted after the 31 December deadline. Retention requests submitted during Phase II require O-6 level endorsement. Phase II ends on 30 September.
5. Career Marines continue to make our Corps a prestigious organization by upholding the standards and traditions of the Marine Corps. As our service adapts with todays mission, career Marines need to ensure that they remain competitive for promotion and retention.
6. Release authorized by MajGen Craig Q. Timberlake, Director, Manpower Management.//

Tennessee Top
06-25-16, 01:52 PM
Good luck. It would help if you were a female (regardless of what they say officially).

What's the status with SERE school (still going)?

MunkyVsRobot
06-30-16, 09:11 PM
Yeah it would most definitely help if i was a female, even more so if I was transgender. In regards to SERE myself and the guys who were going to be going we kinda had the communal we are probably not going to go. It was in a really bad spot due to the fact we just moved our BN and change of command at every level, Company, BN, and Group level it has just been one massive $#!T show this past month and when we would be going would be right after back to back field ops then Id go straight to the range after SERE. So life would be really bad during that 3 month span, it is all nice training and all I will also try to go if there ever are seats available again but re-enlistment is my priority ATM.

Tennessee Top
06-30-16, 11:19 PM
Problem solved! Just tell them you identify as a female now and want to begin the transgender process. Simple. They'll congratulate you on your courageous decision, give you an accelerated promotion, and then approve the reenlistment.

MunkyVsRobot
10-26-16, 04:36 PM
Still no word on my package even though I submitted in june and the submission period ended the end of September. This limbo period really sucks.

devilbones2
10-30-16, 06:23 AM
Still no word on my package even though I submitted in june and the submission period ended the end of September. This limbo period really sucks.
I have had my RELM in for years. I feel you bro.