PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

JDmace23
06-21-16, 08:24 PM
So basically I went to MCRD Parris Island & was dropped from recruit training. I spoke up at the moment of truth & was sent home. I regret saying anything because I lost a lot of integrity. I was given the separation code JDA1 and reenlistment code of RE-3P. My question is is there anything I can do to dep in again? I have wanted to become a Marine since I was 7 & being told I'll never have the opportunity is killing me. Just trying to figure out if there is still a chance for me.

Zulu 36
06-21-16, 11:36 PM
Thread moved to Ask a Marine. <br />
<br />
Jenna, please complete more of your profile so we have a better idea who we're talking with. <br />
<br />
What were you discharged for? What did you admit at the MOT?

JDmace23
06-22-16, 10:06 AM
At the MOT I told about my migraines (in no way are they disabling. &amp; I haven't had one since dec. of 2015) They gave me an honorable discharge but because I had heard it was a DQ they gave me...

Zulu 36
06-22-16, 10:13 AM
A 3P discharge (medical reasons) requires a waiver from Headquarters, Marine Corps, but only after the recruiting people and BUMED all OK one. If you were coded as a fraudulent enlistment, your...

JDmace23
06-22-16, 10:49 AM
Right. What is BUMED? And do you know the process in which I would need to start in trying to enlist again?

Zulu 36
06-22-16, 10:58 AM
BUMED is the Navy Bureau of Medicine. That is the outfit that controls all medical and dental treatment, care, and decision making in the Dept of the Navy (including the Marine Corps). If BUMED says no, it's a dead issue. No appeal.

To try to get back in, you have to find a Marine recruiter willing to work with you. That will be your first high hurdle. There is a lot of paperwork involved in the type of waivers you will need and few recruiters are willing to invest the time and effort when there is a high chance of failure. After all, they have other potential recruits with less issues waiting to get in.

Tennessee Top
06-22-16, 02:17 PM
I would say you don't have a chance.

But. That doesn't mean you can't try. Your first step is to go talk to a recruiter and see what they say. There are no recruiters here on this page to talk to.

Good luck