PDA

View Full Version : Forgot drug use date

Breeezy
06-21-16, 04:14 PM
Hello, I have been a USMC poolee for 8 months. Since that time I have forgotten the date that I smoked pot. It was only one time and have quit since then. Also, I remember the month and day but I cant seem to remember the year. It was either 2012 or 2013. I ship out in August and I'm nervous that in boot camp they might ask me when was the last time I smoked pot. Is there a possibility I might get dq'ed if I give them the wrong year and/or get shipped back home from boot camp? I'm really freaking out. I already asked my recruiter for the date but he can't find it. Again, I don't use drugs and I am clean.

Tennessee Top
06-21-16, 04:27 PM
Ask your recruiter these questions. I know he can't find the date. Take it from there.

Good luck.

Rocky C
06-21-16, 05:41 PM
It stays in your hair follicles for 7 years....

madsox
06-21-16, 06:40 PM
If you didn't get arrested for it or anything, there won't be a date to find. Be honest with your recruiter and give him the closest dates you can figure out, and let him take it from there. I don't know how strict the Corps is being on things like a one-time pot use waiver these days, but honesty is always your best policy.

And the lab tests, even with hair, are only considered reliable for up to 90 days (http://www.craigmedical.com/Hair_Drug-Test_FAQ.htm for one example).

But let your recruiter work this for you. Good luck on it, too!

Kegler300
06-21-16, 07:15 PM
You don't have anything to worry about as long as you disclosed your prior marijuana use to your recruiter. You will be drug tested periodically during your enlistment, so don't make that mistake again while you're a Marine.

Breeezy
08-08-16, 05:56 PM
Bump

Breeezy
08-08-16, 05:59 PM
Hello, I have been a USMC poolee for 8 months. Since that time I have forgotten the date that I smoked pot. It was only one time and have quit since then. Also, I remember the month and day but I cant seem to remember the year. It was either 2012 or 2013. I ship out in August and I'm nervous that in boot camp they might ask me when was the last time I smoked pot. Is there a possibility I might get dq'ed if I give them the wrong year and/or get shipped back home from boot camp? I'm really freaking out. I already asked my recruiter for the date but he can't find it. Again, I don't use drugs and I am clean.
I ship out on Sunday and I am still concerned about this.

Kegler300
08-08-16, 06:08 PM
Don't worry about it. You're going to have bigger fish to fry when you get to the recruit depot.

m14ed
08-09-16, 09:53 AM
https://s15-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.photobucket.com%2F albums%2Fv372%2Fpetefrank%2FPolitics%2FWhataMaroon .jpg&sp=9d9cdc3394023845a7e92502b1cb02da
you should have written the date down ???

FoxtrotOscar
08-09-16, 10:04 AM
Bottom line is to "ASK" your recruiter that question...

Simple enough...

Have fun and see you when your re-made...!!!

USMC 2571
08-12-16, 10:08 AM
I hope you don't actually think that they are looking for a specific DATE, like August 1, 2012 or March 13, 2013. There is no way anyone could possibly remember that. Just disclose all, as people have advised you. You are morally bound and legally bound to disclose all, but you cannot disclose a date you can't remember. Don't worry about that exact precise date. Just disclose what you are able to.

Phantom Blooper
08-12-16, 05:15 PM
There is no way anyone could possibly remember that.

Especially if you been smoking dope and all your brain function and faculties leave you...

Unless you didn't inhale....

Just disclose what you are able to.

Unless you are a true blue stoner and did something besides pot an illicit/narcotic substance and your brain cells are fried.........

Kegler300
08-12-16, 05:36 PM
Don't worry, the Moment Of Truth is a piece of cake ...

Breeezy
08-13-16, 01:36 PM
Uh no..... I'm not saying nothing during the moment of truth. Plus, I already talked to my recruiter. He gave me a drug screen sheet. He told me to put the most recent date I could remember and to remember that date. I was told that MEPS only looks at that paper so I think I'm good

Tennessee Top
08-13-16, 02:40 PM
Good luck.

USMC 2571
08-13-16, 03:35 PM
You have nothing to worry about. Do you know the last date, the exact date, that you talked to one of your old friends on the phone? No. And no one else knows dates like those either. Nor will you be expected to magically come up with them.

Phantom Blooper
08-13-16, 04:43 PM
Do you know the last date, the exact date, that you talked to one of your old friends on the phone? No. And no one else knows dates like those either. Nor will you be expected to magically come up with them.

If dat' is da' case why in my wilder younger days did da' lawyer and DA keep asking me,"Mr. PB where I was at on da' night of July 4th 1985?"

Counselor?

USMC 2571
08-14-16, 06:18 AM
Because you were on TRIAL. He's just enlisting. LOL

Breeezy
08-14-16, 10:52 AM
Thanks everybody! See you guys in 3 months!

USMC 2571
08-14-16, 10:58 AM
ok. Good luck!